No announcement yet.

Rising Stars Compendium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have that hard-cover collection. It is all 24 issues, but no extra material. I think I bought it for $60. That book is not the same as the Compendium that still has not been released. As I understand it, the new Compendium is supposed to be like an encylcopedia + the comics or some kind of thing like that. A guide to the series too.

Comment

The new Compendium is offered in the new Previews from Top Cow as a 1008-page hardcover for $99.99

(Issues #1-24, #0, #1/2, and Prelude, plus Bright, Voices of the Dead, and Untouchable)

I have no idea what effect if any this will have on the Compendium TPB that I preordered on Amazon for $37.79, though I suspect it'll probably be pushed back another year or so...

Still, progress!
      Last edited by Doom Shepherd; 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM.
      "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid." -- Quantum Crook, Casey and Andy Webcomic

Comment

Click the cover to see the 'solicitation' info, and you can then 'add to list' there if you want an automatic reminder of when it ships to comic stores.

It's funny how they make the 'mock' image for the solicitation -- that's no where near wide enough for 1,008 pages, and it's a compendium so the 'vol 1' on the spine is pointless too.
        Chris Nolan.ca
        Stay on top of Joe's Comic Books

Comment

That cover is from the old out of print Rising Stars collection that was published some time ago, and yeah, the book was much thicker too (it was $70 and had all 24 issues).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Nolan.ca View Post
            It's funny how they make the 'mock' image for the solicitation -- that's no where near wide enough for 1,008 pages, and it's a compendium so the 'vol 1' on the spine is pointless too.
            Well, my "Midnight Nation" TPB actually does have a 'vol 1' on the side...

Comment

Originally posted by Morwen View Post
              Well, my "Midnight Nation" TPB actually does have a 'vol 1' on the side...
              Looks like the new midnight nation hardcover set for January is going to have the 'Vol 1' too :-(
              Chris Nolan.ca

Comment

Looks like the new midnight nation hardcover set for January is going to have the 'Vol 1' too :-(
                Gary Frank is also getting a lot more attention now with his run on Action Comics with Geoff Johns.

Hmmm... That gives me an idea to try for our 2010 Comicon here in Phoenix.
                Webmaster
                SFTV.org
                B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Woohoo! Looking forward to getting the Rising Stars hardback and reading that for the first time. Though I'm a little ticked off I bought Midnight Nation so soon before there'd be a beefier edition. If the extras are worth it I might double dip and gift the tpb I have to someone, since it's a fantastic book. Gary Frank is fantastic - loved the Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme work he did with JMS too, where you could tell he was born to draw Superman.

Comment

I really hope they'll change the cover and the spine of Midnight Nation. Its just awful. The TPB cover is way better .

Comment

Previews solicited the Rising Stars Omnibus TPB for March '09.

However, last I checked, the hardcover due in december still isn't out yet.

I know comic book delays happen all the time. I still hate them. It's even more frustrating when you know all the "real" work (writing, inking, coloring, all that) is done already, because the individual issues have already been out ages ago.
                      "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid." -- Quantum Crook, Casey and Andy Webcomic

Comment

*sigh* I share your frustration. I'd really like to read this series, and this compendium is (will be, hopefully) exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom Shepherd View Post
                          Previews solicited the Rising Stars Omnibus TPB for March '09.

However, last I checked, the hardcover due in december still isn't out yet.

I know comic book delays happen all the time. I still hate them. It's even more frustrating when you know all the "real" work (writing, inking, coloring, all that) is done already, because the individual issues have already been out ages ago.
                          The hardcover been given a date of March 4, 2009. Here's hoping that's on target (but I'm sure means the trade will still be months away).
                          Chris Nolan.ca

Comment

The hardcover been given a date of March 4, 2009. Here's hoping that's on target (but I'm sure means the trade will still be months away).

March 4 came and went, and all I hear is the crickets chirping.

Comment

I have a feeling this is one of those projects that just keeps getting pushed back the more movie stuff jms gets involved with. I'm glad I was one of the lucky ones who picked up the $70 book. Perhaps it will be worth more as this compendium seems less and less likely to materialize.

Comment

Topcow has a new release date

Topcow's website says the RS Compendium HC will be available 1 Apr 2009 and the SC will be available 29 Apr 2009. *Fingers crossed*

Comment

Working...
                                X