Eisner Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisner Awards

I just noticed that the Eisner Award Nominees have been listed. Awards will be given out at San Diego Comic Con where JMS is scheduled to appear.

EDIT to add: I also just noticed that Neil Gaiman has been added to the guest list.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 05-21-2007, 09:29 AM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    I just noticed that the Eisner Award Nominees have been listed. Awards will be given out at San Diego Comic Con where JMS is scheduled to appear.

EDIT to add: I also just noticed that Neil Gaiman has been added to the guest list.

Jan
    Best Continuing Series
    All Star Superman, by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (DC)
    Captain America, by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting (Marvel)
    Daredevil, by Ed Brubaker, Michael Lark, and Stefano Gaudiano (Marvel)
    Naoki UrasawaƆs Monster, by Naoki Urasawa (Viz)
    The Walking Dead, by Robert Kirkman and Charles Adlard (Image)
    Young Avengers, by Allan Heinberg, Jim Cheung, and various inkers (Marvel)
    I'd personally give it to All Star Superman. I'm not even really much of a Superman fan, but it is STRONG writing by an already strong author like Morrison. It's almost pulp-level science fiction fantasy, with a good deal of humor thrown in, and Quietly's artwork is amazin.

Brubaker's work on Cap was good, but I don't like the gimmick of killing Cap off. Young Avengers is fun, but isn't even quite as good as Marvel's other teen book, Runaways. Daredevil kind of fell flat a bit for me lately. I dearly love Walking Dead, but even it can't hold up to Morrison's frenetic work on ASSuperman.

Best New Series
    Criminal, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (Marvel Icon)
    East Coast Rising, by Becky Cloonan (Tokyopop)
    Gumby, by Bob Burden and Rick Geary (Wildcard)
    Jack of Fables, by Bill Willingham, Matthew Sturges, Tony Akins, and Andrew Pepoy (Vertigo/DC)
    The Lone Ranger, by Brett Matthews and Sergio Cariello (Dynamite)
    Should go to Criminal. Jack of Fables is a ton of fun too, but Criminal was really very good. Very much a noirish feel, felt like I was reading a hard-boiled crime novel rather than a comic.
    "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

Working...
    X