Marvel Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
    Why do you like that book so much Karachi? I haven't read it at all. Should I pick up the trades?
    It's a romance comic book (how often do you see THOSE these days?), but it's just ridiculously cute and endearing, IMO. Lots of teen angst, but McKeever does such a good job of it it doesn't really stray too far into cliche. He does a good job of really conveying teenage confusion and the difficulty in coming of age, especially when you're a teenage superhero.

Terry Moore from Strangers in Paradise is taking over the book, so the current gag is how long it will be before someone in the cast turns lesbian. Personally, I think a better target for that criticism would be Judd Winick, who's started to becoming annoying with all of that.
    "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Karachi Vyce View Post
      It's a romance comic book (how often do you see THOSE these days?), but it's just ridiculously cute and endearing, IMO. Lots of teen angst, but McKeever does such a good job of it it doesn't really stray too far into cliche. He does a good job of really conveying teenage confusion and the difficulty in coming of age, especially when you're a teenage superhero.

Terry Moore from Strangers in Paradise is taking over the book, so the current gag is how long it will be before someone in the cast turns lesbian. Personally, I think a better target for that criticism would be Judd Winick, who's started to becoming annoying with all of that.
      Cool, I may check it out. I tried to read Strangers in Paradise, but couldn't really get into it. Maybe it'll be better with some iconic characters.

I agrree about Judd Winick
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I mean, I get it with Winnick. Okay, dude, I know, you were real good friends with Pedro, it sucks that the dude died.

But EVERY book you write has to have a gay character? You start turning (supposedly straight) characters gay to fill that quota? Come on, man, give us a bit of a moratorium. I'm staunchly pro-gay rights, but it's too much even for me.
        "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

So did Devin Grayson ever make Dick a switch hitter?
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Okay guys..think we're taking this thread too off course and verging on the realm of "going to piss people off". :P
            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by LessonInMachismo View Post
              So did Devin Grayson ever make Dick a switch hitter?
              She damn sure tried to. Which would have been an utterly ridiculous proposition. You don't take characters that have been one particular way for DECADES and suddenly do something as drastic as change their sexual orientation. ESPECIALLY because, given Grayson's proclivities, she'd be doing it as some sort of twisted Mary Sue type situation.

Contentious statement: I find Warren Ellis' "New Universal" comic to be "Supreme Power" done a billion times better than Supreme Power actually was.

Comment

Working...
              X