No announcement yet.

JMS to write THOR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted a question asking whether he'd be dropping it or letting somebody else take it temporarily or whether there'd just be a gap between issues. We'll see if he answers.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      I posted a question asking whether he'd be dropping it or letting somebody else take it temporarily or whether there'd just be a gap between issues. We'll see if he answers.

Jan

Awesome. I can't get on the newsgroup from work but can to the jmsnews boards or I'd have done that as soon as I read your post

Some good/bad gossip depending on your perspective though is that JMS is going to be dropping "Thor-speak" which has developed over a long time now. Which means Thor's not going to be speaking in terms like "Ye shalt not defile me ye bloody swine!" stuff. I like that, because I think that style of English is hard to read, and Stan Lee didn't write Thor like that. And it's also good that JMS is bringing back Thor's alter ego, which adds more of a dynamic to the character.
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Yeah, I read that in the interview on Newsarama. Now I need to get up to speed on Thor's history.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow
          Awesome. I can't get on the newsgroup from work but can to the jmsnews boards or I'd have done that as soon as I read your post

Some good/bad gossip depending on your perspective though is that JMS is going to be dropping "Thor-speak" which has developed over a long time now. Which means Thor's not going to be speaking in terms like "Ye shalt not defile me ye bloody swine!" stuff. I like that, because I think that style of English is hard to read, and Stan Lee didn't write Thor like that. And it's also good that JMS is bringing back Thor's alter ego, which adds more of a dynamic to the character.
          I say to thee, nay!

OK, so I think it's a good idea to drop it as well, but I have to admit, it had a certain charm.
          ---
          Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
          www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

SPOILERS!!!

Okies...well, in light of the thor developments in civil war with him being a clone and not the real Thor, it really gives a blank slate for how Thor is done. This can easily ruin things and make a whole clone saga ordeal with JMS and Thor, which I wouldn't like..but JMS might be able to handle this correctly, and he's the only one I would trust to. What do you guys think?
            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Working...
            X