No announcement yet.

AWA: THE RESISTANCE - JMS and Deodato Jr together again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until I saw someone mention it on Twitter I guess I had completely forgotten anything about it. Completely overlooked it in Previews. If it gets put together as a trade paperback I'll try to get it then.

Comment

First part of issue #1 is available for free. Looks like AWA is using this to cope with piracy and perhaps the shutdown.
      https://awastudios.net/comic/the-resistance-1/
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Not bad. I'm generally not a fan of photo-referenced art, but it looks fairly nice. It's a solid start, but some of it comes off as a tad corny in terms of how dramatic it is. I can't quite find the right words to describe the tone, but something doesn't quite work for me. Perhaps more show, and less tell? Dunno. Curious to see more though.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Read the first three 'mini' parts available on Webtoons. Still really don't like the art, it is way too static and photo referenced for me, and know, I know, it's a comic, but there are ways to create movement in sequential art.

Weird reading this during a real life pandemic. The irony is not lost on me. I still find the tone a bit pompous, but I get that this is just scene setting and we'll get to actual characters later. So yeah, solid effort thus far, I am most curious to see how powers are dealt with and if it really sets itself apart from modern superhero comics in a meaningful way.
          Last edited by Ubik; 04-05-2020, 03:39 AM.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
            ...I am most curious to see how powers are dealt with and if it really sets itself apart from modern superhero comics in a meaningful way.
            I think the interviews I've read give a hint in calling them 'powered' rather than superheroes.

I really feel for AWA debuting at a time like this! I haven't compared the physical copy to the online version but I'm reading that it was well done, not just slapping up the comic pages online, actually ordering the panels to give a better reading experience.

"As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
            X