Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jeffrey Sinclair really David Sheridan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laiden
    replied
    Sinclairs life in short answer

Sinclair was born . . . grew up on Mars.

Joined Earthforce, Fought in the battle of the line

Survived the battle of the line because of a random choice by Delenn and they found out he is the second coming of valen. . . oh and souls of minbari were being reborn into humans.

Babylon Station being constructed, Sinclair chosen as commander by the Minbari.

Sinclair encounters Sinclair on Babylon 4.

Sinclair is sent to the minbari homeworld as "ambassador" but its really to lead the Rangers in training for the shadow war. Humans are now allowed to train as Rangers.

Sinclair Recieves message from Sinclair to go back in time and become Valen.

Sinclair be comes Valen

Sinclair has children

they are banished. but after time passes they return home

His Children have children

and so on

one Child is Delenn and she becomes apart of the Grey Council. (return to fourth line for re-read if you do not get it yet.)

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    I seem to recall that Sinclair had a brother, and that he had an ancestor named Sinclair that was in the Battle of Britain during WWII. I almost think that the Sinclair from WWII was documented in Sinclairs office somewhere or another.

Leave a comment:

• Heinlein
    replied
    Originally posted by JDSValen

Oh...Heinlein, about the closed casulty time loop, just think about the Chrysalis device. Delenn took it out of its place, knowing that she was the person it was ment for (it only worked with her because she was a direct decendent of Valen), and used it at the end of Season 1. She kept it until the time was right, then gave it to Sinclair, who used it to become Valen and then brought it back in time with him and put it in the place that Delenn got it from years later. So, that means the Chrysalis was never created, it just exists in time. Pretty cool, huh?
    Oh man, I'm gonna burst a brain cell putting that one together. It's like the first TERMINATOR movie. Closed causal loops are not meant to be pondered too deeply, or one will descend into madness!!! Like being without coffee...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by JDSValen
    Oh...Heinlein, about the closed casulty time loop, just think about the Chrysalis device. Delenn took it out of its place, knowing that she was the person it was ment for (it only worked with her because she was a direct decendent of Valen), and used it at the end of Season 1. She kept it until the time was right, then gave it to Sinclair, who used it to become Valen and then brought it back in time with him and put it in the place that Delenn got it from years later. So, that means the Chrysalis was never created, it just exists in time. Pretty cool, huh?
    I'm not sure that's completely accurate. JMS said:

Subject: Re:JMS: Metamorphosis device
    To: AOL
    Date: 5/25/1996 6:20:00 PM

The chrysalis device originally came from Epsilon 3 with the other equipment;
    this should've been showcased more visually, but there was so much going
    on...

jms
    So I think that Zathras brought it to the White Star in WWE, Sinclair used it to become Valen and then it was passed down to Delenn for her to use in Chrysalis. Which means that there must have been two of the same device at some point, one on Epsilon 3 and the other on the Station. Unless something happened to it after Delenn used it?

Time travel makes me dizzy...

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    replied
    Isn't there a whole episode where they explain that Valen was the point where human and minbari souls began to merge, and that Delenn is a direct decendent of Valen?

Anyway, I read somewhere that the reason why they didn't show David in SiL is because JMS wasn't sure what a human/minabri hybrid would look like, and didn't want to get stuck to anything, incase he ever delt with it in the future. So, I highly doubt that David was ever intended to be Sinclair. Sinclair is 100% human (btw, if you suscribe to the whole DaVinci code theory, there is an argument that can be made that Sinclair is a decendent of Christ, but that's a whole other topic).

Last edited by JDSValen; 09-30-2005, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    you're proposing is a closed causal time loop?

Originally posted by imbaloo
    re:Is Jeffery Sinclair really David Sheridan? I have found indications or hints that this may be true. I first got the notion while thinking of a reason for them to have the same initials (other than those are also JMS's, kinda). When I started thinking of it several things fell into place.
    Nah, but I assumed David Sheridan would have used the great machine to go back in time sometime after he finished Ranger training or something pivotal, to close the circle created when JMS did both Babylon Squared and War without End. No one really knows if David Sheridan looks human, half Minbari or full Minbari. All I know is the show is finished (until JMS writes a new arc in the B5 universe).

Note: I also assumed all the main characters would go back in time and become Legends of their worlds past, but that never happened either.

My thoughts on the time travel sector 14 issue in B5, full text.
    http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread...8897#post18897 and http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread...8911#post18911

There was a time à question about filling gaps and finishing arc holesà when it came to Epsilon 3 and the time rift on Sector 14à

Questions like: Did anybody else use that time machine to tweak or fix present (present meaning the stations timeline) time? Did anyone passing Sector 14 (intentionally or not) go forward or back help or hurt the stationÆs present? And how far (forward or backward) in time did this machine go? 1000 years forward and backward? 10,000 years, 100,000 years or no limit? Remember there has to be zero date for that machine JMS could exploreà
    Last edited by rallytbk; 09-30-2005, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Heinlein
    replied
    You realize that what you're proposing is a closed causal time loop, right? That can be maddening if you think about it for too long

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by imbaloo
    3) I would expect that after 1000 years a huge number of Minbari would be descended from Valen and the DNA would be quite diluted, so I postulate that the reason Delenn shares so much DNA with Valen is that she is his mother.

4) There is no real mention of David Sheridan in his years after escaping his Keeper.
    Hi Imbaloo. That's not a theory I've ever run across before but I tend to doubt it for a few reasons.

David is a pretty common name for JMS to use. There are a few of them, David and Elizabeth being the two most common, I believe. Anyway, Sheridan's father is named David.

We don't actually know that Delenn "shares so much DNA with Valen", all we know is that there's some. The implication I got was that the triluminary would have glowed for any of the 'children of Valen'. Given that the device used to effect Sinclair's change turned Delenn less completely, you've got some dilution apparent there.

They mention David in Sleeping in Light. Delenn tells Susan that he's at a critical part of his Ranger training.

I think it was a pretty cool trick getting Sinclair to become Valen. JMS said he'd only do the time travel thing once.

Glad you joined us!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• imbaloo
    started a topic Is Jeffrey Sinclair really David Sheridan?

Is Jeffrey Sinclair really David Sheridan?

I have found indications or hints that this may be true. I first got the notion while thinking of a reason for them to have the same initials (other than those are also JMS's, kinda). When I started thinking of it several things fell into place.

In no particular order here are some of my observations:

1) He is practically the only character that doesn't have a family member that can be corroborated. Almost every mention of his family can be explained with a mind wipe.

2) His middle name being "David".

3) I would expect that after 1000 years a huge number of Minbari would be descended from Valen and the DNA would be quite diluted, so I postulate that the reason Delenn shares so much DNA with Valen is that she is his mother.

4) There is no real mention of David Sheridan in his years after escaping his Keeper.

There are other indications that pop up from time to time but these are the biggest ones I can think of at this writing.

I realize that there are some incongruities to this idea but I am reminded of Mr. Ellison's book intro where he discusses the difficulties of writing a TV series and equates it to his "store window" book writing.
Working...
X