Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jeffrey Sinclair really David Sheridan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiden
    "They had better start having babies . . ."
    Is that an order?

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    I think the Vorlons and Shadows were just used to and comfortable with the way things were. Having to become just another ordinary First One without minions wasn't easy.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta
    Dunno what they would say, but the phrase is definitely not synonym with dying because in the end all the Vorlons and Shadows along with the remaining first ones passed beyond the rim and I do not think that meant they all gave up there corporeal existence because then they would not have needed their ships to do it.
    The phrase could have been expressed in both ways... To explain the death of a loved one (and the fact Galaxies do have rims), never to be seen again.

Sheridan was dying at the end of ôSleeping in Lightö, Lorien helped him live another 20 years. By your understanding do you assume Sheridan is still alive? Or became starstuff?

Note: Why would the Vorlons and Shadows be afraid of going beyond the rim if they were just going to the space between Galaxies? I believe it was more symbolic to show them prepare for their departure (canÆt leave advance toys lying around can we?) and die/leave gracefully.

Or I could be completely way off.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective."
    Ambassador Delenn, A Distant Star

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    "I always considered that phrase to be similar to saying ôHeÆs with god nowö or ôUp in Heavenö. Thinking about it, what would they say if you died in outer space?"

Dunno what they would say, but the phrase is definitely not synonym with dying because in the end all the Vorlons and Shadows along with the remaining first ones passed beyond the rim and I do not think that meant they all gave up there corporeal existance because then they would not have needed their ships to do it.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Do we know for certain that if Valen and Sakai wanted to have children that they'd do it the old fashion way of boinking? Perhaps there was some science involved. The technology must be there considering G'Kar wanted to mate with Lyta (he presented both that option and an option of cloning Lyta should direct mating not appeal to her) and there would have had to have been science involved to make Lyta's DNA fuse with Narn DNA, as G'Kar mentioned. Maybe something similar happened between Valen and Sakai, thus the scandal.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta
    I know that the phrase "They passed beyond the rim." is just a way to say they vanished out of the known universe.
    I always considered that phrase to be similar to saying ôHeÆs with god nowö or ôUp in Heavenö. Thinking about it, what would they say if you died in outer space?

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    Well, Delenn (transformed) and Sheridan (human) had a child, so Sinclair (transformed) and Sakai (human) should be able to as well. We know it presented difficulties, but it wasn't impossible.
    Would Catharine Sakai have a C-section? That bonehead would surely hurt during childbirth, lol.

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
    If Sakai has not been converted then her children can only be human.
    Well, the answers not here right now, lack of information, but one thing is certainà the general Minbari population has not seen children of Sakai until a few generations have past and became more Minbari(ish), we all know Minbari do not lie, but they do keep secrets.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Assuming, of course, that their children were human.
    If Sakai has not been converted then her children can only be human.

This strongly looks like Valen had two females, Sakai and a Minbari. This sort of soap opera like behaviour would cause a scandal.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
    Valen and Sakai's human children would not be able to mate with a Minbari. Either the children would have to be converted or Sakai is not one of Delenn's ancestors.
    Assuming, of course, that their children were human.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Valen and Sakai's human children would not be able to mate with a Minbari. Either the children would have to be converted or Sakai is not one of Delenn's ancestors.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    "They had better start having babies . . ."

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied
    First, note I said "should" and not "could."
    Yes, I know, and I just wanted to mention that I have some doubts if this, while obviously the solution which appears the most logical from what we've learned so far, is also the RIGHT solution. But I agree that we should indeed stick with the "Valen and Sakai had children"-solution until we're told otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Delenn became more human to balance the scales of Sinclair becoming Minbari. Delenn kept the Minbari feature on her head, maybe Sinclair kept something else so he could have children with Sakai.

BTW, I had to really work at keeping one thing from sounding like another when describing Delenn's and Sinclair's "features"

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980
    The problem with your theory: Delenn started out Minbari. So as I've pointed out before, in order to be sure that Sinclair and Sakai could have kids, we would have to know if Delenn was still able to have children with a Minbari after her transformation. Which I'm not sure of, given the severe biological changes that she quite obviously underwent (as stated by both her and Doctor Franklin many times throughout the series).
    First, note I said "should" and not "could." Even knowing if Delenn could have children with a Minbari after the transformation would not result in a "could" since nothing in the series addressed the DNA changes to a level of detail where we could make the arguments. My post really was a simplified form of my theory, if I could be said to have one. I just addressed the mechanics as best I could since that seemed germain to the comment. Now, the full theory would run something more on the lines of what follows. We have certain elements of canon: Valen had children; Valen had wanted to marry Sakai; there are very strong indications that Valen "found" Sakai somewhere in the time stream; Valen's children were part of a scandal because they had human DNA and that DNA was passed on. The simplest, and thus preferred, explanation that doesn't contradict these elements is that Valen and Sakai had children. That doesn't mean it's an fact -- just that it's the simplest explanation available. Because canon tells us that transformed DNA and pure DNA could produce a child, the possibility of the theory is supported by the failure to disprove it. That's why I chose to mention it. I'll stick with the simplest explanation for Valen's children until such time as it is disproved by canon in some measure, but I readily admit that the theory would be incorrect if any of the following were true: Valen didn't have children of his body, i.e. his children were figurative not literal; Valen found some other "her" than Sakai; Valen's children were born in a mating with a Minbari before finding Sakai or after her death; Valen and Sakai were unable to have children. I'm not aware of anything in canon, though, that establishes any of these items.

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied
    Well, Delenn (transformed) and Sheridan (human) had a child, so Sinclair (transformed) and Sakai (human) should be able to as well. We know it presented difficulties, but it wasn't impossible.
    The problem with your theory: Delenn started out Minbari. So as I've pointed out before, in order to be sure that Sinclair and Sakai could have kids, we would have to know if Delenn was still able to have children with a Minbari after her transformation. Which I'm not sure of, given the severe biological changes that she quite obviously underwent (as stated by both her and Doctor Franklin many times throughout the series).

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980
    Good theory, I like that.

Well, that raises the question again if and how Sinclair and Sakai could have children together...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X