Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jeffrey Sinclair really David Sheridan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpooRancher
    replied
    In recently re-watching Babylon 5 (I saw SiL two nights ago) I came across something in the 4th Season (around Atonement, possibly shortly thereafter).

I remember Delenn saying that they were so surprised at the Chrysalis' reaction to Sinclair that they took in other humans and probed them as well, and the results were also confirmed by the Triluminary.

Would that mean that the Triluminary was not necessarily coded to Sinclair's DNA, but to HUMAN DNA?

Just a thought, as I doubt seriously that all the humans brought in for the confirmation were Sinclair's close relatives.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by spoorancher
    If there was no letter, that means there was no Valen, meaning the Minbari had no Grey Council, meaning nobody to vote to go to war with the Humans, meaning no Minbari War, meaning no Babylon Project, meaning no Babylon 4, meaning the Shadows were never defeated........

ad nausuem.
    Originally posted by Laiden
    Sinclairs life in short answer

Sinclair was born . . . grew up on Mars.

Joined Earthforce, Fought in the battle of the line

Survived the battle of the line because of a random choice by Delenn and they found out he is the second coming of valen. . . oh and souls of minbari were being reborn into humans.

Babylon Station being constructed, Sinclair chosen as commander by the Minbari.

Sinclair encounters Sinclair on Babylon 4.

Sinclair is sent to the minbari homeworld as "ambassador" but its really to lead the Rangers in training for the shadow war. Humans are now allowed to train as Rangers.

Sinclair Recieves message from Sinclair to go back in time and become Valen.

Sinclair be comes Valen

Sinclair has children

they are banished. but after time passes they return home

His Children have children

and so on

one Child is Delenn and she becomes apart of the Grey Council. (return to fourth line for re-read if you do not get it yet.)
    Check these links and post a comment.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...12&postcount=9

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...7&postcount=20

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...1&postcount=28

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by TR_3
    well.. the whole time thing is just buggy.. just remind you the "grandfather paradox".. if you back in time and kill your grandfather with a bullet before your father were born, how come you were born? you would not exist.. so going back to babylon 5.. how could sinclair wrote himself a letter from the past? how did he get there in the first place? he goes back when he reads the letter asking him to go to babylon 4 and go back.. but the first time he went back to write the letter..there was no letter.. So really there is no real explanation for that.. meaning the explanation it is not reason but imagination and metaphisical.. we are looking at the fact that whether there are 1 or two triluminaries (instead of who the hell built epsilon 3? ok, if they where so great to built it and time travel..are they beyond the rim?) .. as in "beyond the rim" beeing afterlife not really "beyond the rim".. so coming back to the initial could david sheridan be sinclair's father? .. yes why not. but the reason of sinclair and deleen's changes are more metaphisical of understanding others.. there is no "logical explanation".. if you look only to the "logical explanation" of babylon 5 you are missing 75% of the story
    If there was no letter, that means there was no Valen, meaning the Minbari had no Grey Council, meaning nobody to vote to go to war with the Humans, meaning no Minbari War, meaning no Babylon Project, meaning no Babylon 4, meaning the Shadows were never defeated........

ad nausuem.

Leave a comment:

• TR_3
    replied
    well.. the whole time thing is just buggy.. just remind you the "grandfather paradox".. if you back in time and kill your grandfather with a bullet before your father were born, how come you were born? you would not exist.. so going back to babylon 5.. how could sinclair wrote himself a letter from the past? how did he get there in the first place? he goes back when he reads the letter asking him to go to babylon 4 and go back.. but the first time he went back to write the letter..there was no letter.. So really there is no real explanation for that.. meaning the explanation it is not reason but imagination and metaphisical.. we are looking at the fact that whether there are 1 or two triluminaries (instead of who the hell built epsilon 3? ok, if they where so great to built it and time travel..are they beyond the rim?) .. as in "beyond the rim" beeing afterlife not really "beyond the rim".. so coming back to the initial could david sheridan be sinclair's father? .. yes why not. but the reason of sinclair and deleen's changes are more metaphisical of understanding others.. there is no "logical explanation".. if you look only to the "logical explanation" of babylon 5 you are missing 75% of the story
    if you want the universe to start making sense...

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiden
    and I didnt mean Zathras . . . I meant uh . . . Sheridan . . . damnit I'd have to watch the episode again to remember who was in the blue suit when sinclair encountered him.
    HAHA!! I WAS RIGHT SINCLAIR DID ENCOUNTER SINCLAIR!!! HE SWITCHED PLACES WITH SHERIDAN AND ZATHRAS GAVE HIM THE FIXED STABLIZER!! SO JAN LOL

Leave a comment:

• Nacho
    replied
    "Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective."
    Ambassador Delenn, A Distant Star
    That's funny .. in finding this board here and reading yalls posts, it got me to view the tapes I made of Babylon 5 again. I haven't watched a bit of it since I taped it when it was on TNT. It's been a lot of fun. "A Distant Star" was one of the eps I watched yesterday .. and I distinctly remember Delenn saying that.

(BTW, as an additional benefit, I also get to relive the Clinton/Lewinsky/Starr thing too! I taped commercials & news spots along with the programs, and that was about the same time. I get a big chuckle when they replay "I never had sex with that woman .. Miss Lewinsky"!)

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by rallytbk
    The phrase could have been expressed in both ways... To explain the death of a loved one (and the fact Galaxies do have rims), never to be seen again.
    Originally posted by grumbler
    Re: Going "Beyond the Rim" = death:

I liked the idea when the show came out, but since lorien came back we have to assume that this is untrue - more of a "transcend the current life" kind of thing.

Though, if the Universe is sentient and simply gave bits of itself independent sentience, it is plauable to argue that "going beyond the Rim" means merging back into that uber- consciousness, which temporarily split off a portion of itself again to form Lorien when needed to recover Sheridan's consciousness (as a favor to him, so that it will be less traumatic).

In fact, it is so plausible that that is going to be my argument now!
    This is how I related to ôSleeping in Lightö

Feature û Eskimo Old Age

One of the most well-known stories about the Eskimos is the strange practice that they have adopted when facing death, and old age.

According to the popular conception, Eskimos must work so hard to survive that they simply cannot manage to support adults who are no longer contributing to the well-being of the group.

Thus, when old-age strikes, rather than waiting around as they dwindle toward death, eating food their companions fight to catch and clothing their companions struggle to construct, the elderly Eskimos are taken to sea, and set adrift on a floating iceberg.

For more on this:
    http://www.theinitialjourney.com/fea...skimos_01.html

Or Simply:

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective."
    Ambassador Delenn, A Distant Star

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    or indeed 'The Long Walk' in the Judge Dredd comics.

or 'Going to the sea' in Babylon Fi..hey!

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I haven't thought about it too in depth, but I kind of see going beyond the rim in B5 to be somewhat similar to going to the Undying Lands or whathaveyou in Lord of the Rings.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Re: Going "Beyond the Rim" = death:

I liked the idea when the show came out, but since lorien came back we have to assume that this is untrue - more of a "transcend the current life" kind of thing.

Though, if the Universe is sentient and simply gave bits of itself independent sentience, it is plauable to argue that "going beyond the Rim" means merging back into that uber-conciousness, which temporarily split off a portion of itself again to form Lorien when needed to recover Sheridan's conciousness (as a favor to him, so that it will be less traumatic).

In fact, it is so plausable that that is going to be my argument now!

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by rallytbk
    By your understanding do you assume Sheridan is still alive? Or became starstuff?

Note: Why would the Vorlons and Shadows be afraid of going beyond the rim if they were just going to the space between Galaxies? I believe it was more symbolic to show them prepare for their departure (canÆt leave advance toys lying around can we?) and die/leave gracefully.
    Well, Lorien said that he is looking forward to meet him again beyond the rim.
    And since Sheridan vanished out of the ship one could assume he transcended to the non-corporeal form of existance...

Just because they would have to give up control over the galaxy I'd say.
    Only the fact that Lorien wouldn't let his children pass alone gave them comfort.

Aw hell! (NO! DON'T START TO FIRE CONTINOUSLY!)
    How am I supposed to know!

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Interesting line of thought imbaloo.
    Allow yourself to stopt trying to think why this CAN'T be and look for hints and clues that it CAN be and you might be surprised.

Isn't it possible that JMS left this possibility open (intentionally or not) whether or not he changed his mind about it since?
    JMS has been very open about what changes and possibilities he had for B5 (e.g. transferring some plot-lines for some characters), and he has never hinted what you suggest.
    Allow yourself to stop looking for confirming evidence only and you might be surprised at what the hints and clues actually suggest. Search the archive, and the lurker's guide and you will find enough evidence for other interpretations.

We know that Valen found Sakai and can safely assume he married her.
    As pointed before that caused a bit of a scandal (here's the link again: http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-107...akai%20minbari )
    But there's another mention of the scandalous life of Valen:
    http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-306...alen%20scandal

I have pointed to that post before, and the two, together with other canonical (or canonized) facts mentioned lead me to my conclusion.
    The children of Valen are the children of Jeffrey Valen and Catherine Sakai.

To put another nail in the coffin of the original speculation:
    http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-142...clair%20father
    Sinclair's father was named David.
    Now, if you wanted to speculate that David Sheridan decided to go back in time and rename himself David Sinclair...
    But that would go against the canon view that there was only one instance of time travel in B5.
    I had forgotten all about Sinclair's brother, but he is mentioned in a few JMS posts, and never with any indication that the brother might not exist.

An interesting thought, but with a show so well documented as this one, there is no reason to believe it.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    All this Sincair/Valen/Catherine talk has got me thinking again, (oh the pain). Could there be a connection between the word Satai and Catherine's surname?
    That is the funniest thing I ever heard (not that it canÆt be true or used to continue another story), it is funny how we over analyze these things and come up with stuff that is really out thereà

Maybe the fact that Valen + wife (possibly both not born on Minbar) brought this Satai reference in to the Minbari vocabulary, when introducing his wife to the Minbari tribal chiefs/seniors. LOL.
    Last edited by rallytbk; 10-05-2005, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    Originally posted by SpooRancher
    Is that an order?
    Maybe . . . before long

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    All this Sincair/Valen/Catherine talk has got me thinking again, (oh the pain). Could there be a connection between the word Satai and Catherine's surname?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X