Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Koshcakes,

You found a great forum.

Add my hat to the ring: go JMS! I added my name to the sign-up list and can't wait. I've only got 2 scripts now (1 B5 and 1 Crusade) and it is a real charge to follow along. But wait there's more! A lot of the stuff we've been drooling for, namely alternate plots, left out scenes. Going to fill the gap for a while, and then JMS may have a series next year or the year after. Good news!

I've been waiting for a real good reason to start over with S1.

Jan, how about a whole section of this Forum devoted to "Script Readers". Since it appears we will all be getting releases at the same time, we could do an episode at a time together. Have each Topic within the 'Script Readers" section be devoted to one of JMS's scripts, so each person can post according to the episode and at their own speed. It would be like we were all watching it weekly together again.

We could go back and dredge up the JMS posts from the 90's when B5 first aired to get that perspective. Could we collate those by episode to read along with the eps? I bet somebody, perhaps Joe DiMartino, has got them arranged by episode, if they'll share.

Anybody think that this is over the top?

John
    John Brittain
    2blueshoes.com for free blues downloads

Comment

Welcome Ipeters

Just thought as Im the newby i would welcome ipetus

I hope what you read makesyou smile as it did me

Comment

Originally posted by jahkneebee
        Jan, how about a whole section of this Forum devoted to "Script Readers". Since it appears we will all be getting releases at the same time, we could do an episode at a time together. Have each Topic within the 'Script Readers" section be devoted to one of JMS's scripts, so each person can post according to the episode and at their own speed. It would be like we were all watching it weekly together again.

We could go back and dredge up the JMS posts from the 90's when B5 first aired to get that perspective. Could we collate those by episode to read along with the eps? I bet somebody, perhaps Joe DiMartino, has got them arranged by episode, if they'll share.
        Not a bad idea at all, John. I'm certainly up for it. I'm thinking that having a thread for each book as it comes out would work at least until we see what kind of response we get? And many (most?) of JMS's posts pertaining to episodes are pretty much already on the Lurker's Guide episode guides. Check out www.midwinter.com and see if that's what you were thinking of.

Love your avatar, Koshcakes!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by koshcakes
          Just read your reply Spoo Junky just as funny I can now go to work in the morning thinking of you both and how you made me smile.
          I'm glad I made you smile. Like JMS says, if you can affect someone's life in a good way, you are doing okay

(Did I mention my appendix is still in the original packaging? Even more valuable )
          Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, Koshcakes :-) This place looks like it is going to be quite fun. Go JMS!

Comment

Welcome Koshcakes! It's always great to have new faces join the crowd. It always seems to spark some activity, what with new perspectives and what not. Fresh voices are always enjoyable!

Jan, I want to assure you from the bottom of my heart, that even when I own all the script books I shall still envy you deeply. History is another of my abiding interests and I can tell you from personal experience that holding an artifact is so much more intense than holding a reproduction. You can learn from both, but the artifact has been there, wherever there may be. You shall forever be the script queen in my mind!
              "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                You shall forever be the script queen in my mind!
                Thanks, WC! Script Queen...I kinda like that title. You know, the funny thing is that I've actually had a couple of people (not from here) message me to ask if I mind that everybody will be able to have so many of the B5 scripts. The answer, of course, is a resounding "No, of course not!" I think it's really cool and a great idea of JMS's. I think it'll be great fun talking about the episodes and rediscovering the series as people get their books.

And you're right, this doesn't detract from the coolness factor of my collection at all; because they're set-used scripts with handwritten notes made by the original owner that give neat insights into how he read the script in relation to his job. If anything, this will be good for keeping the scripts from too much wear and tear since I'll be able to use the script books as reference instead of the collection copies.

"It's a good thing."

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

forum

Hey noticed we got new members signing up which is great how about a section where the newest member can introduce themselves and a bit about what their likes and interests are , especially re B5. Just a thought maybe a dull one let me know what you think or I have i completely missed the boat here.

Just noticed the UniversalB5 pack is going on sale over here shortly , that may have to be my 1st port of call, so to speak as opposed to the scripts. Sad I know but to have all my B5 stuff together rather than all about the house would be cool as .

Comment

Just noticed the UniversalB5 pack is going on sale over here shortly
                    Whats that exactly? Never heard of it before...

Comment

Seasons 1-5 all episodes
                      Crusade all episodes
                      all films
                      plus a poster to boot.

release date 24/10/2005.

Babylon5 the Complete Universal Box Set.

happy hunting

Comment

Seasons 1-5 all episodes
                        Crusade all episodes
                        all films
                        plus a poster to boot.

release date 24/10/2005.

Babylon5 the Complete Universal Box Set.

happy hunting
                        Try looking on www.play.com folks as well as a few others
                        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

pricing

Play.com is the first one i saw it on but price wise 101cd.com seems the best however dont know how tight security is compared to play.com. Ihave heard great things about Play.com.
                          added bonus even tescos is selling it madness.

Comment

Working...
                          X