b5 forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b5 forum

Well after a while sitting reading your forum I just had to sign up. Strangely enough I was nervous about posting a thread possibly due to the fact that the British forums can be very clicky, and I mean very clicky. I try to avoid clicks everyday in life and at work so seeing your sight was a breath of fresh air. You all seem to know your stuff but are not too intense and have a great sense of humour so I hope to contiue enjoying this site for a longtime and keep up to date on the news and views.
    Just to show how sad I am, I am sitting in front of my pc emailing my partner who is at work about who is harder him or me. I am a whitestar (of course)
    being accompanied by a ship from another sci fi series The Lex he has decided he is a fleet of Shadow Vessels and that he is going to take me down. I dont think that is going to happen , the darkness will never triumph over the light. Any way I am rattling on a bit but thought I might let you in to my mad word.
    Hope to speak to some of you soon , regards Koshcakes

<waves> Hi, Koshcakes! Glad you joined us and happy to hear that you like what you've seen so far. If I do say so myself, I think this is one of the nicest forums devoted to B5 anywhere. We've talked about lots of things, controversial and not but generally stay pretty polite. So jump on in, the conversation's fine!

For instance...I almost always ask how people discovered B5 in the first place. Care to tell us?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

My adventure in B5

Well thanks for replying Jan nice to speak to you.
      As to my discovery of B5 , i lived in the north of England most my life and was accepted into a uni Wales (300 miles or so away , this may seem like peanuts as we are probably are teeny compared to every other country but to us it is worlds apart) . After my first night alone in a strange house I tried to tune my tv in and was really dissapoiunted that one of the channels we get in England was very different in Wales, well they all spoke welsh, not to be put off by this I thought I would see what it was all about, all the adverts were welsh and I didnt have a clue of what was going on thankl god i watched till the end as just about to start was the very first episode of B5 , I am a big sci fi and horror fan anyway so I decided to watch I became hooked forever after. I get the feeling it may have been fate , it kept me company during a very loney period of mylife and if I had stayed in England i would probably never have seen it so Ive got the Welsh to thank for my love of B5 and have never left Wales since, sad but true . Koshcakes

Comment

Welcome, KC. Agree with Jan that this is one of the "civil" sites and you really want to take a look at all the new JMS stuff in the list of his postings.

And that noise you hear is Jan ginding her teeth at the thought that soon, I will be able to have almost all the B5 scripts, too!
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

This must be the technological equivalent of walking into a crowded room full of people who already know each other!

B5 has always had a very loyal following in the UK, maybe even more so than here in the US. About 3/4 of the 200-odd B5 interviews I did over the years were for British magazines, not to mention the fact that the official B5 Magazine was published by Titan back in London. So KC, I think you'll find there are a lot of B5 fans back there as well.

And I may be slightly biased in favor of the Welsh, considering my wife is from Port Talbot, and is actually down in South Wales even as we speak, working on the new Doctor Who.

Comment

Hello KC,

On these hallowed pages you will find good people who can air their opinions and share them with much falling out.

You will find intelligent conversation and erudite, articulate thoughts that are laced with friendly humour voiced by bright folks with important things to say.

And me.

Welcome
            http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
            Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
            47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
              And that noise you hear is Jan ginding her teeth at the thought that soon, I will be able to have almost all the B5 scripts, too!
              LOL! No I'm not! Really! I'm delighted for all of you and looking forward to what people think of the 'script experience'. I'm sure some won't see what the attraction for me has been while others will love it.

I think it'll be fun when people all start getting their books and reading the script while watching the episodes. Believe it or not, I haven't even done that with all of them.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Welcome KC. I don't post here as often as the others but it has to be the BEST and FRIENDLIEST B5 board there is. People a really great and understanding here. So welcome.

BTW Jan I am looking forward to reading the scripts along with watching the show. Should be fun. The only thing we will lack that YOU have are the quotations from JMS himself. I bet those are just as good as the scripts.
                Joan

Comment

Originally posted by babylon1122
                  BTW Jan I am looking forward to reading the scripts along with watching the show. Should be fun. The only thing we will lack that YOU have are the quotations from JMS himself. I bet those are just as good as the scripts.
                  My copies are from a member of the Art Department, *not* JMS, Babylon 1122. They have *his* notes on them (which are great), but nothing from JMS except small things that JMS actually wrote into the scripts which I imagine that you'll all be getting those since I can't see JMS editing them out. I think as far as the 91 scripts, you'll have what I have.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by koshcakes
                    and I mean very clicky.
                    No you don't. You mean very cliquey. Sorry, pet hate

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor
                      No you don't. You mean very cliquey. Sorry, pet hate
                      No problems Doktor I spend all day using my brain as a stressed out civil servant so I dont mind one bit, although its not a word I use much as I said I try to avoid them.
                      Thanks for the welcome everybody and it will be good to keep up to date on the B5 gossip, in sunny Swansea B5 fans can be very few and far between or they all just think I'm a bit of a dork.
                      Must admit I didnt have a clue about the new scripts and cant wait , will have to see if I can get them over here, mind you on my wage may have to sell some organs.
                      And Joe, I did have many copies of the B5 mag and one of my favourites I took to work to read many years ago , can you believe it was stolen . It would seem there are secret B5 fans out there as nobody ever admitted to it. hopeyourwife is okayin Port Talbot imjust down the road and its raining cats and dogs again.
                      Thank you all for your welcome and cheering me up after a really boring and long day. I look forward to keeping in contact with you all.

regards koshcakes

Comment

Must admit I didnt have a clue about the new scripts and cant wait , will have to see if I can get them over here, mind you on my wage may have to sell some organs.
                        We could dib in together...I can spare 1 LUNG, 1 KIDNEY and some nasal hair...

it's raining cats and dogs again.
                        So THAT'S why my umbrella keeps breaking!!!
                        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

[QUOTE=LightStorm]We could dib in together...I can spare 1 LUNG, 1 KIDNEY and some nasal hair...
                          QUOTE]

I have an appendix I can give - good condition, never used!
                          Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

b5 forum

See there you go, what a cracking sense of humour you have LightStorm.

I must admit that tickled me pink (so to speak). I am still laughing writing this. Just proves my point about what a great forum this is and how friendly you all are.
                            Just read your reply Spoo Junky just as funny I can now go to work in the morning thinking of you both and how you made me smile.
                            Last edited by koshcakes; 09-15-2005, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoo Junky
                              Originally posted by LightStorm
                              We could dib in together...I can spare 1 LUNG, 1 KIDNEY and some nasal hair...

I have an appendix I can give - good condition, never used!
                              Guys, guys...check under the sofa cushions first, huh? THEN think about selling your blood and other body parts!

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X