Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Welcome back! Let's see what I can answer for you.

Originally posted by shadoomoken
    Hey whats the name of Lorien's race?
    As far as I know, it was never said. Actually, we don't know any of the First Ones names except for the Shadows and Vorlons, that I can recall.
    Also whats up with Lyta Alexander. How powerful did she become and what eventually happened to her.
    Unknown for certain how powerful she became but from what she said, she was 'designed' to be a doomsday weapon. As for what eventually happened, again that's not certain but (highlight to read possible spoiler from a revised script)
    in the original script for "The Path of Sorrows" it's implied that both she and Lennier were killed. Originally, she was slated to be the prisoner that Mattheson helped.

And what about the hand. you know from the rangers tv movie. where do they fit into the older ones bit.
    JMS said at the Hawthorne con that they were something he'd planned all along, we just hadn't met them yet. He didn't indicate that they were First Ones at all. Just because an agent for the Hand said they were all powerful, I'm not sure we're supposed to believe that.

Congrats on being back online!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• shadoomoken
    replied
    lorien

Hey whats the name of Lorien's race? Also whats up with Lyta Alexander. How powerful did she become and what eventually happened to her. Also: I'm back online yeah baby Yeah. Dsl is working again phone is on again. I'm getting both cable and dsl just in case. Can't be taken off line again. O yeah Passing of the Technomages is still the best Babylon five novel of all time. And what about the hand. you know from the rangers tv movie. where do they fit into the older ones bit.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Early rports from friends who have seen the series and "Serenity" are that the movie "kept the faith" with the viewers of the show and was totally worth seeing.

having never seen the show, I am not tempted, but it is good to hear that the movie version was not disappointing. As others have said, that cannot be bad for B5 fans and our hopes for a movie treatment to suport a show that was *ahem* vastly more significant.

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Just read the novelization of "Serenity". It rocked. Ain't givin no spoilers, though.

Leave a comment:

• shadoomoken
    replied
    serenity

Originally posted by Jan
    The problem, of course, is that 'they' is different studios with different policies.

I agree that he has a certain style of dialog but I liked the characters, the stories and the acting a great deal.

I'm looking forward to it. AND I intend to write to WB to point out that, just as Serenity started with an existing fanbase, so does the property they already hold, Babylon 5. Can't hurt, might help.

Jan

i loved firefly. it sort blew chunks, but only 'sort of'. I would like to see serenity non the less. But we need a babylon five movie and quick. I mean they spent a fortune on starwars eps 3 and that really sucked. well the fight at the end was okay but not spectacular. yeah that whole prequel thing sucked. Jms could've done a much better job with gl's prequel

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiden
    I do personally agree with shadoomoken in that if they made a movie out of the canceled Firefly series . . . then they shouldn't have a problem with a Babylon 5 movie.
    The problem, of course, is that 'they' is different studios with different policies.

I found the Firefly series, poorly acted, and poorly written. It's a trait Joss whedon seems to excell at.
    I agree that he has a certain style of dialog but I liked the characters, the stories and the acting a great deal.

This is not to say I wont go see the movie
    I'm looking forward to it. AND I intend to write to WB to point out that, just as Serenity started with an existing fanbase, so does the property they already hold, Babylon 5. Can't hurt, might help.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I do personally agree with shadoomoken in that if they made a movie out of the canceled Firefly series . . . then they shouldn't have a problem with a Babylon 5 movie.

I found the Firefly series, poorly acted, and poorly written. It's a trait Joss whedon seems to excell at. The only reason I think Firefly ever had a huge success with the DVD sales is because (and this has been taken from personal experience with friends) your friends, who were HUGE fans of Buffy and Angel said "WHAT? he made another show!? and it was canceled?" so they rush off to the store, spend the cheap ammount to purchase it, and immediately fall in love with it.

This is not to say I wont go see the movie

a friend of mine and I both agree that while the series was poorly acted/written, it had a GREAT concept. The idea of the show was intriguing and the movie "Serenity" looks and from what clips I've seen, seems all around better than the show's quality.

Leave a comment:

• TR_3
    replied
    For a movie a would prefer the "telepath wars" or something on the son of sheridan and deleen.. like when he has to open londo's gift that would be more dramatic..

Leave a comment:

• shadoomoken
    replied
    Vorlons

Originally posted by grumbler
    We want to be careful what we wish for, though. Mystery makes the First Ones more attractive. Finding out the truth can be disappointing.

I remember (though this dates me a bit! ) the vague mention of the Silmarillian in The Lord of the Rings when it first came out (Ace editions, no less). My friends and I speculated for a decade and a half about what would happpen in it, how much better than even TLotR it would be, etc. then, when it came out, it was so disjointed that we almost wished we could just dream on about it - the magic just was not there.

So, I will accept some ambiguity and unknowns as the price for keeping the magic.

I'm hoping that JMS does it. Though explaining how the universe birthed immortals'll be tricky. Especially Lorien and his kind. Why the Shadows are so screwy and reasons for the Zorg disliking the Vorlons. I guess perhaps it'll be better for JMS to establish a present character in the past. I'm hoping Galen perhaps or Gideon. Whom ever how ever we(not the royal we, i mean the fans 'we'.) need a familiar character we can relate too. And not Lorien or Kosh. As far as we know all Lorien's kind look exactly like him and all of koshs' kind is exactly like him. JMS needs to just explain things even if in word form ala. the Silmarillian.
    (Moderator: hidden due to story idea. Highlight to read)
    A nice way to tell the story I'm hoping is for a Vorlon who abandoned his order due to the fact that him and those like him(I mean those who got possessed by those crazy tentacle like cats from that other universe via the 'gate to charge the heavens'. It is said that even after the more powerful completely vile beings got their butts kicked and the gate was closed some Vorlons under their control hid the gate in hyperspace. Wouldn't the other Vorlons seek to wipe them out due to what they represent? That the Vorlons not only aren't gods but they're ultimately weak compared to perhaps millions of other potential beings in both universes.) were being hunted and exterminated he (the Vorlon running for his life though partial to the evil dudes from the 'other side') hides on ancient earth. Shortly thereafter, a eon or so he merges with a human. Human is a nomad. He and the human is permanantly joined.( Thats why they have the humans treated so they could better join with them, and leave when they're finished.) Our guy survives through ages of time and JMS could tell things perhaps from his point of view. Up until he goes to work for the shadows.( Even though he's a vorlon, he's been altered. His song is a song of madness, chaos reckless abandon) I could visualize him being tracked down by the Excalibur crew searching for a cure looking for the former agents of shadows. Lyta Alexander joins the search and her and Galen senses him leaving everyone else behind, they journey to his world Talo 7 where they have a major ho down. Lyta tries her nuclear level psionosis. Only for our friend to say to her; 'intersting child but can you drown an ocean?' ,
    any who i'm done must leave ma's work now to prepare for this storm that may or may not come. thankyou friends nassau bahamas out.
    Last edited by Jan; 09-18-2005, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shadoomoken
    replied
    bab 5

Originally posted by Jan
    So how did you discover B5, Shadoomoken?

I like Firefly a lot and I'm glad to see it becoming a movie. And really, if it's a success, doesn't that mean that the odds of somebody at WB remembering that B5 would be a great theatrical release better? I know I plan on writing to remind them. It's got a lot of paralells to B5 with Joss Whedon being so central a creative force so even if I didn't like it, I'd wish Serenity all success.

Jan

a long time ago on tnt. maybe around 96 or 97 can't remember when. i due apologize for not answering earlier my phone line got hit by lightning and i'm using my mother's computer at work. hopefully i'll have my dsl up and running by weekend. i love everything joss whedon did. Angel is my most fav out of all the series. Serenity willbe a joy to watch. Thankyou again Jan for helping me out earlier. I can watch B5 over and over again. The only other shows I can watch re runs like that is Sg1 and Angel. Though Babylon 5 is hands down my favorite. be well friends. Nitey nite.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I will say that I'd rather have Firefly than Crusade.

I'm sure that Crusade would have been as interesting and as great as B5, but we had a whole series of B5 already. If I had to choose one, it'd be Firefly.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    We want to be careful what we wish for, though. Mystery makes the First Ones more attractive. Finding out the truth can be disappointing.

I remember (though this dates me a bit! ) the vague mention of the Silmarillian in The Lord of the Rings when it first came out (Ace editions, no less). My friends and I speculated for a decade and a half about what would happpen in it, how much better than even TLotR it would be, etc. then, when it came out, it was so disjointed that we almost wished we could just dream on about it - the magic just was not there.

So, I will accept some ambiguity and unknowns as the price for keeping the magic.

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    September 30th?
    Mea culpa. Wrote faster than my brain was thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by shadoomoken
    Its great to be here my friends and thankyou so much. Though I tend to babble forever I do thank ya'll for allowing me to stay. I so love B5 great series wondeful characters and cool creator.
    So how did you discover B5, Shadoomoken?

I wish I had some money and I'd pay for a B5 movie. I mean come on they have made Serenity. Narf! Zort! If Firefly could be turned into a movie. I have much more faith that some one, any one could pick up B5. Sweet!
    I like Firefly a lot and I'm glad to see it becoming a movie. And really, if it's a success, doesn't that mean that the odds of somebody at WB remembering that B5 would be a great theatrical release better? I know I plan on writing to remind them. It's got a lot of paralells to B5 with Joss Whedon being so central a creative force so even if I didn't like it, I'd wish Serenity all success.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• shadoomoken
    replied
    thankyou

Originally posted by Jan
    Garibaldi's Hair is correct, shadoomoken. As far as we know JMS doesn't read here at all either. Welcome anyway.

And, GH, I think we jabber very coherently.

Jan

Its great to be here my friends and thankyou so much. Though I tend to babble forever I do thank ya'll for allowing me to stay. I so love B5 great series wondeful characters and cool creator. I wish I had some money and I'd pay for a B5 movie. I mean come on they have made Serenity. Narf! Zort! If Firefly could be turned into a movie. I have much more faith that some one, any one could pick up B5. Sweet!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X