Crusade Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusade Scripts

I was searching through the archives and it would seem JMS has not re-published his unfilmed Crusade scripts because the last time he did, many people found ways to copy them and proceeded to share them around after bookface.com went down.

Okay, fair enough. But why not print them for sale? Is it simply a matter of no one interested in publishing them?
    Schlock Mercenary: comic space opera

Possibly. Many fans have been wanting the short stories which appeared in the B5 magazine and Amazing Stories to be collected but so far no publisher seems interested.

Maybe if 'But In Purple...' sells really well a publisher might change its mind? For those who don't know, 'But In Purple, I'm Stunning' is the B5 quote book coming out later this year. At one point fans were encouraged to send in their favorite quotes along with stories of what B5 had meant to them. So when JMS said in his DVD commentary that Delenn's "...be somewhere else." speech was the overwhelming fan favorite, he wasn't just making it up.

According to the Amazon ad, the book will also include the B5 timeline, an incredible item that a fan put together of all the past and future 'history' of the B5 universe. It was previously published over four (I think) issues of the B5 magazine. The script for Sleeping in Light will be in it also. Amazon.com: But in Purple...

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely getting "But In Purple." Here's hoping it'll lead to "But If TNT Hadn't Cancelled Crusade."
      Schlock Mercenary: comic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
        Yeah, I'm definitely getting "But In Purple." Here's hoping it'll lead to "But If TNT Hadn't Cancelled Crusade."
        And after that, I'd like to see "The Memory of Shadows Lives On".

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          And after that, I'd like to see "The Memory of Shadows Lives On".
          Would that be "The Memory of the Memory of Shadows"?
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
            Would that be "The Memory of the Memory of Shadows"?
            Could be. Or perhaps "Children of The Memory of Shadows"? (grown up, of course...mustn't have cute kids )

Jan

Comment

Personally I want a book written by JMS titled "And beyond that, the Truth" a complete explination of why things happened and what could've been
              "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Originally posted by Laiden
                Personally I want a book written by JMS titled "And beyond that, the Truth" a complete explination of why things happened and what could've been
                Lacking that those that haven't may want to read a Fairy Tale:
                http://crusade.isnnews.net/news/mcon99_p2.shtml

And then there's the Hawthorne High School Comic Con transcript (about halfway down) for further details.

I'm still hoping someday we'll hear the fairy tales about the demise of TMoS and the editing of the Crusade DVD commentary part where JMS was telling the truth (or at least telling his side of the triple edged sword).
                Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

[raises glass]
                  To absent B5 projects, in memory still bright!
                  "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                    [raises glass]
                    To absent B5 projects, in memory still bright!
                    I like that. A lot.
                    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Working...
                    X