Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anders
    replied
    I just got it today, and it looks great (both cover and the movie itself). Like everyone else I would have loved to hear a commentary from someone, especially JMS, but I guess we'll have to do with the movie.

Now that all of B5 is out on DVD the wait/hope for something more will be even greater. I hope this isn't the end of what we'll see televised from that universe.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by SpooRancher
    Will the B5 by chance be re-released with the individually covered DVD's, and if so, will we be able to buy just the packaging? I would prefer it to what I have right now, as I believe it would have a much longer shelf (and hand) life.
    I don't know if they are still available, but at B5TV.com there was an announcement that there were alternate covers and a link to a company that sold plastic DVD cases. I converted my collection and retired the cardboard to a pretty display.

Search B5TV.com for "alternate covers" and see what you turn up. Personally, I like the look.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by Anders
    Now that I have actually had the chance to test run the disk, I have some additional info that may be of interest to other readers.

Well that is just typical of WARNER BROTHERS that the press release is wrong. I suspect that they just used the left over copy from CRUSADE as that is in 1.33:1 (4:3) ratio. The actual transfer is in glorious anamorphic 1.78:1 (16:9). However, the bit about 5.1 audio is correct, though you'd never guess that from the DVD sleeve itself as there (as stated in my other post) the audio is described as 2.0 stereo only. Visually, the transfer is quite good though, with warm (non-bleeding) reds, cool blues and solid, distortion-free blacks.

Aside from that there is nothing. No trailer, no background info, no actor commentary - we all knew there would be no JMS commentary, but that didn't mean that the cast couldn't do with a few extra dollars for a commentary (pause for hollow laughter).

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    Speaking of the good slip covers vs the bad cardboard ones...

I got the B5 DVD's in the cardboard ones with the plastic folding trays. I got the 1st Season BSG with individually covered DVD's.

Will the B5 by chance be re-released with the individually covered DVD's, and if so, will we be able to buy just the packaging? I would prefer it to what I have right now, as I believe it would have a much longer shelf (and hand) life.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    The cover:
    http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...ngers/pack.jpg

Another picture of the cover:
    http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...gers/pack2.jpg

Information about the release:
    http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...n5_rangers.htm

The different cover (not used for the DVD):
    http://images.play.com/covers/681476m.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Oh, I don't know, maybe Warners will change their minds and re-press the Crusade DVD, putting back the commentary in which JMS tells the truth about what happened on the series, thus clearing the way for him to do te LOTR commentary...

Sorry, a herd of pigs just flew overhead.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Well, we know the one extra no version will have is a commentary from JMS.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I wouldnt mind a peek at the difference in the cover art

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    It Has Arrived, It's Here!!!!!

Hey!!!! My copy of LEGEND OF THE RANGERS popped out onto my door-mat this morning.

Notes of interest:-

WB has now totally dropped its horrid, cardboard clip-covers so this DVD comes in a standard AMARAY cover so that is OK. The sleeve design is different from the illustration as shown on the site from which I ordered it...

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...=57&g=72&pa=sr

but that is the sleeve is actually very nice indeed, following as it does, the previously established 'Line Of Faces' style used on all previous seasons and movie sets.

The audio is shown on the back as 2.0 stereo. WHAT!!??? When I burned this onto a DVD off the Sky Movie channels it was in very well balanced and arranged DOLBY PRO-LOGIC SURROUND. If this is just plain old stereo I am going to be pretty peeved and I DO MEAN PEEEEE-EEEEE-VED. Aside from this it seems to be the usual UK, Stripped away, bare bones of a disk.

If the Region 1 disk (when it appears) has extras on it...wow boy! You'll probably hear screaming - that'll be me...in the general direction of Warner Brothers UK.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Make sure they schedule the trip for *after* Hurricane Season ends!

Jan
    North of Wilma's projected path, but expecting 'interesting' weather anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied
    Hehe, I just found a competition in the newspaper here which offers a trip to Florida and a prize of the entire B5 series. Runners up get copies of the LOTR DVD. Box art looks cool too.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    I finally ordered the movie now. I've only seen it once before, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. It will also be great to get a complete Babylon 5 collection on DVD. Now I only hope that somehow more will be produced from that amazing universe.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    That's only to the UK, I have to pay shipping on anything I order from them. It's even called FREE UK delivery.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by Anders
    Edit: Here it is at Amazon.co.uk as well. It's actually cheaper at Amazon, by about ú10, although that sum will be reduced by a little bit when ordering, since Amazon has shipping costs (unlike play).
    Although to be fair to Amazon, any order in excess of ú19 entitles you to free shipping as long as you don't mind waiting an extra day or two.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Well, with how the boxes are made it's difficult to have many variations. However, my collection starts with the two versions of The Gathering (original and new), then In The Beginning (that's problematic, in a way it's before The Gathering, and in a way it has the Londo telling the story scenes, The Gathering started it all though, and the single ITB cover looks much better next to the covers of The Gathering than it does mixed in with the sets, so that has both a storyline and a cosmetic reason), then I have the 5 seasons in a row, the B5 movies, then I would put in TLADIS:TLOTR (wow many letters), and finally the Crusade set.

Does anyone know if there will be any special extras for the Universal Set?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X