Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cornholio1980
    replied
    Very exciting news... but thinking back on the desaster that the first 6 released books were, could maybe someone ask JMS on the Usenet to what extend he will be involved in those books (fe. providing an outline)?
    Last edited by cornholio1980; 04-07-2005, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    The original B5 comics suffered more from a lack of quality in the artwork, most of it was just pants. And the only time the characters looked anything like their TV counterparts was when a panel was clearly based on a published photograph ... I lost count of the number of times I thought "Hey I've seen a photo that looked just like that".

Even "In Valen's Name" wasn't that hot artwork-wise - just compare it with some of the work done by Gary Frank for Midnight Nation and Supreme Power. It was, however, massively superior to the original comin run.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    Sweet. If they can get a good artist to stay on the run, it should be good. The B5 comics, while very interesting, suffered from a lack of consistency in the artwork. I lost count as to how many times a character's facial structure could change from panel to panel on the same page. Excluding of course the regular changes in features given the variety of expressions the face allows. It wasn't until the 3 issue "In Valen's Name" mini-series that a good artist was brought on board.

The writing in the comics was solid, though issues 9 and 10 of the B5 comic should be forgotten by everyone.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    started a topic Babylon 5 Novels and Graphic Novels - at Mongoose

Babylon 5 Novels and Graphic Novels - at Mongoose

News: Babylon 5 Novels and Graphic Novels - Mongoose Publishing
Working...
X