X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    When my wife spent some time working in Israel back in the late 1980s she had the dubious pleasure of watching "A View To A Kill" (Roger Moore's final Bond movie) dubbed in Hebrew and with Arabic sub-titles.

She says it still made some kind of sense, but I'm not sure whether that says more about her or the movie.

Im sorry,i saw A View to A Kill in Israel (saw it in the theater 3 times) and it was in English,I don't think back in the 80's we had dubbed movies unless it was some kind of cartoon for children.

The Hebrew-Arabic subs,yeah that was there in the 80's,later in the 90's it changed to Heb-Arb-Russian subs,then they decided that this is too much,so heb-rus was enough...now when i go to see a movie (which happens once every 2 years or so),there is only Hebrew subs...thank God

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    Did Bond ever make sense??? WHEN???

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    When my wife spent some time working in Israel back in the late 1980s she had the dubious pleasure of watching "A View To A Kill" (Roger Moore's final Bond movie) dubbed in Hebrew and with Arabic sub-titles.

She says it still made some kind of sense, but I'm not sure whether that says more about her or the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by SpanishFan
    And after these years of watching it in English (I bought S1-3 in Amazon UK) I'm picking an awful lot of translation mistakes .
    It has an italian soundtrack too, BTW.

Saludos para los dos.
    That is exactly why the dutch in general absolutely HATE these synchronized voices. And on top of that it is unbearable to hear - for instance - John Wayne shout 'Hande Hoch Sheriff!" in a movie on German television when you know how he really sounds(sounded).

We go for subtitles instead and even then you see a lot of mistakes, or more frequently some words in english just don't translate into dutch, or they couldn't fit all that fast dialogue in two sentences so they abbreviated the subtitles.

I just go for the originals with the english subtitles(I am slightly hard of hearing).

Leave a comment:

• SpanishFan
    replied
    Well... since we the former colonies are now the majority of the Spanish-speaking world I don't think your accent and pronunciation can longer be considered correct.
    Actually, the right accent and pronunciation are those of the Colombians', believe it or not.
    BTW, I've got it. I've bought season 1. And after these years of watching it in English (I bought S1-3 in Amazon UK) I'm picking an awful lot of translation mistakes .
    It has an italian soundtrack too, BTW.

Saludos para los dos.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Natxomann
    That is because here in Spain we have the right accent and diction , unlike all our former colonies .
    Y un saludo para ti desde Coru±a .
    Well... since we the former colonies are now the majority of the Spanish-speaking world I don't think your accent and pronunciation can longer be considered correct.

Saludos para ti tambiÚn.

Leave a comment:

• Natxomann
    replied
    That is because here in Spain we have the right accent and diction , unlike all our former colonies .
    Y un saludo para ti desde Coru±a .

Leave a comment:

• SpanishFan
    replied
    The pilot had soundtracks in English, Spanish and French. And a LOT of subtitle options. The same for TRoS. So I guess those will be the options for Seasons 1-4. Since S5 was never on TV here, I don't know what will be of it. TRoS wasn't on TV either and they've dubbed it for the DVD (with different voices, though), so I have hope.
    Also, bear in mind that the dubbings are normally different for different spanish-speaking countries.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    This may sound a little like "Four Yorkshire Men", but in Spain B5 Season ONE is gonna be released in a few days. Less than a year ago we got "The Gathering" (bare-bone original cut) and in February "River of Souls" (with the cover being the one from the movie pack).
    (As to why "River of Souls" was released before the series, no, I've got no idea either).
    My question would be what languages they're including... original English with optional subtitles plus Spanish dubbed soundtrack option?

I once downloaded the S3 opening with the Spanish dubbing... I got a shock upon hearing "Ivanova" with a Spanish accent.

I watched B5 in the USA, but I'm from (and now I'm back in) MÚxico, so I'm quite curious.

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied
    This may sound a little like "Four Yorkshire Men", but in Spain B5 Season ONE is gonna be released in a few days. Less than a year ago we got "The Gathering" (bare-bone original cut) and in February "River of Souls" (with the cover being the one from the movie pack).
    (As to why "River of Souls" was released before the series, no, I've got no idea either).
    Oh my... I'm really sorry that you had to wait for so long. I just hope they will release the other seasons faster than they did in germany (1 every 6 months). And that you will get the other TV-Movies and Crusade too, of course...

Originally posted by alex_t
    Only English and French (as with with almost all R2 releases, except B5 Season 1).
    Just as I expected. Too bad, but thanks nonetheless

Leave a comment:

• Hunter
    replied
    I got my set last week. I have to admit, the music sounds a lot better on DVD than it did on the TV - Although it's not on par with the standard for sci-fi shows, though... But it had promise. The more I watch these DVDs, the more pissed I get that JMS never got a chance to make something out of this story...

Leave a comment:

• alex_t
    replied
    Originally posted by cornholio1980
    I suspect the english release does not have a german soundtrack on it? Just asking because unfortunately the Crusade Box hasen't been officially announced yet over here...
    Only English and French (as with with almost all R2 releases, except B5 Season 1).

Leave a comment:

• SpanishFan
    replied
    Jealous of Germans

Originally posted by cornholio1980
    I suspect the english release does not have a german soundtrack on it? Just asking because unfortunately the Crusade Box hasen't been officially announced yet over here...

Leave a comment:

• LiderDeslok
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    Now THAT'S a cool name. With the spelling, though...Spain or France?
    Thanks.

Brazil actualy.

I have been reading this Forum for more then a year, and I finaly decided to start posting.

Anyway, thanks for the information, I will order my box today. I hope there is no defects like B5 S5 had.

Best Regards,
    Deslok

Leave a comment:

• cornholio1980
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X