Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was that Mr Morden ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was that Mr Morden ?

    Just watched 'The Gathering' (DVD) again and something has me puzzled.
    Was that 'Mr Morden' I saw working on the B5 Command & Control deck (funny hairstyle/white shirt) ?

  • #2
    Originally posted by redstar
    Just watched 'The Gathering' (DVD) again and something has me puzzled.
    Was that 'Mr Morden' I saw working on the B5 Command & Control deck (funny hairstyle/white shirt) ?
    Yes and no. Same actor, not the same character.

    Similarly, Marjean Holden was in the MOW A Call to Arms but was Dr. Chambers in Crusade.

    Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Carrie Dobro was another actor from "Crusade" that had previous B5 experience in a different role. She played a doctor in "Exogenisis" and IIRC, I heard she played a Brakiri somewhere although I've never actually spotted her there.
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

      Comment


      • #4
        And John Schuck played as Draal in B5 and as a Klingon in Star Trek Enterprise LOL,same thing.

        Damnit,not enough actors in the biz
        Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is also the Macky's second in command (the one who points a gun to his head), who also appears from time to time on the B5 command deck. I don't know the name of that actor.

          As for other series, we also have Walter Koenig, Bester in B5 and Pavel Chekov in Star Trek.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Redrake
            There is also the Macky's second in command (the one who points a gun to his head), who also appears from time to time on the B5 command deck. I don't know the name of that actor.
            Commander Philby was played by Neil Bradley, who was one of the "Aliens for All Seasons" playing

            Purple Drazi in The Geometry of Shadows
            Alien #2 in The Long Dark
            Kha'Mak on The Coming of Shadows
            Minbari #3 in There all the Honor Lies
            Narn #2 in The Long, Twilight Struggle
            Narn #1 in A Day in the Strife
            Dr. Liberano Varda in Movements of Fire and Shadow
            Tra'nil in Objects in Motion

            However, Philby is the only human charactor for whom he gets into the credits. I would be interested in any further info you might have on his uncredited appearances on the command deck (I think if an actor has no lines, they get no credit) as I am always interested in info on the actors who appear on the show multiple times.

            The worst case of dual-tasking, IMO, was John Vickery as both Mr Welles and Neroon. He has such a distinctive voice that it was hard to credit him as a Minbari once you heard him as a human. A great actor, but one who should not be given multiple roles.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WorkerCaste
              Carrie Dobro was another actor from "Crusade" that had previous B5 experience in a different role. She played a doctor in "Exogenisis" and IIRC, I heard she played a Brakiri somewhere although I've never actually spotted her there.
              Carrie Dobro played the Brakiri who fawns over Sheridan, causing Garibaldi to say, "He's not the Pope, he doesn't even look like her!". He then socks Sheridan on the jaw.

              Most of the aliens got to play humans from time to time. Marshall Teague (Ta'lon) played the assistant who was transformed into the Ikarran War Machine. He also played an Earthforce Captain in "The Long Road". Julie Caitlin Brown (Na'Toth) played Sheridan's attorney. Wayne Alexander, of course, played Sebastian. Louis Turenne played Draal, then Brother Theo. Turhan Bey played Emperor Turhan followed by a similarly named Minbari in "The Learning Curve".
              Only a fool fights in a burning house.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm surprised that no one mentioned the name of Ed Wasser's character in "The Gathering." In case you didn't catch it in the credits, it's "Guerra" (no first name).

                Amy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AmyG
                  I'm surprised that no one mentioned the name of Ed Wasser's character in "The Gathering." In case you didn't catch it in the credits, it's "Guerra" (no first name).
                  I wonder if he is a descendent of Vida Guerra.
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by grumbler
                    Commander Philby was played by Neil Bradley, who was one of the "Aliens for All Seasons" playing

                    Purple Drazi in The Geometry of Shadows
                    Alien #2 in The Long Dark
                    Kha'Mak on The Coming of Shadows
                    Minbari #3 in There all the Honor Lies
                    Narn #2 in The Long, Twilight Struggle
                    Narn #1 in A Day in the Strife
                    Dr. Liberano Varda in Movements of Fire and Shadow
                    Tra'nil in Objects in Motion

                    However, Philby is the only human charactor for whom he gets into the credits. I would be interested in any further info you might have on his uncredited appearances on the command deck (I think if an actor has no lines, they get no credit) as I am always interested in info on the actors who appear on the show multiple times.
                    In "Severed Dreams" just before the Agrippa and Roanocke jump out of hyperspace, the camera moves slowly from Sheridan to Corwin and at some point you can see that actor in front of one of those computers (at least I think is him).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi

                      Robin Atkin Downes as Byron (in season 5) played mimbari Morann in In The Beginning

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He first appeared as Morann in "Atonement," then reprised the character for "In the Beginning."


                        Originally posted by AmyG
                        I'm surprised that no one mentioned the name of Ed Wasser's character in "The Gathering." In case you didn't catch it in the credits, it's "Guerra" (no first name).

                        Amy
                        Yup...he also has a bit more dialogue in JMS's original "Gathering" script, from what I recall.
                        "Listen up, boy, or pornography starring your mother will be the SECOND-worst thing to happen to you today."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          if you guys are mentioning actors who played several roles . . . lets not forget the wonderful Wayne Alexander!
                          "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wayne Alexander,our favorite alienS
                            Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ok..noticed the doctor in crusade being the same than the ship controller in "a call to arms" and other .. did not pick up on mr morden!! Have to watch the gathering again!!
                              Got a Hole in my Mind

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X