That ONE out of focus camera on B5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    "For me, the most obvious and notorious dubbing was the fudged line in "Comes the Inquisitor" when Bruce spoke the line placing Jack on one side of London, but the dubbed has the other. I believe the lips say east and the dialogue says west (just from memory here, don't kill me if I got it backwards). Anyways, the reason was that the original dialogue was incorrect, so it was dubbed for future viewings and the DVD's." originally posted by Spoorancher

Was that really dubbed to corrected it? On my DVD set Sheriden still says that the ripper murders took place in the WEST end. When we all know that Whitechapel is in the EAST. So if it was dubbed to correct it where did it originally say the murders were? Southend? Northhampton? Littlehampton? Coventry?
    ____
    He originally said West, and they later dubbed it to East. The Region 1 DVDs are correct, although I seem to recall that the Region 2's may have gone out wrong.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

All R2 B5 S2 DVDs the same...?

Originally posted by B5_Obsessed
      He originally said West, and they later dubbed it to East. The Region 1 DVDs are correct, although I seem to recall that the Region 2's may have gone out wrong.

Having just gone through the season 2 DVDs with FireBird's dad (my father-in-law) I can tell you with authority that MY R2 DVD set has the correct dialogue on it.

Sad Admission Time:- I am a bit of Ripper theorist of sorts and know the whereabouts of the crimes so when my (back then) brand-spanking-shiny-new VHS Warner videos coughed out the original and incorrect "west end" speech I noticed it straight away.

With my R2 DVD set of season 2 I noticed the corrected dialogue straight away.

Did some R2 sets go with the wrong dialogue?

Just as a final thought, why do we seem to be asking that question so very often???!!!!
      Last edited by DGTWoodward; 03-07-2005, 03:12 PM.
      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but you guys were talking about Robin Sachs ...

He made a fantastic alien bad guy in Galaxy Quest - definitely not as stupid as he was ugly.

The Optimist: The glass is half full
        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Working...
        X