X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    That's why I often felt that there was at least 2 hours worth of story in each episode.
    Hmmmm. 2 hours of story would mean 3 hours of commercial television, so do a series in 3 hour episodes. You could do one episode every month, with two months off, making a 30 hour season. That would be a net gain overall, giving more time for character. The episodes would be more satisfying. The wait between episodes would be an absolute killer, though. Still, the thought has merit!

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    That's a nice character moment for Ivanova definately I wish it had stayed in. It seems to me that character scences are cut in most forms of TV where a character piece would have added more depth and emotion .

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    I fear that a lot of the ones you might find will be nice little character moments.
    Exactly, and it's a shame, too. But one of the great things about B5 was how closely edited it was to keep the story moving ahead. That's why I often felt that there was at least 2 hours worth of story in each episode.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    I fear that a lot of the ones you might find will be nice little character moments. They're often the most easily done without. It's interesting when movies include Deleted Scenes with commentaries on the DVDs. Almost universally, there's some scene the director really loves, and the actors just nailed it, and it's a nice charcter moment, but the had to cut it for time or because it broke the flow of the movie.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I kinda like that one.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Okay, I don't know if I'll do the entire series, but I continued on tonight with 'Born to the Purple' and found:

-----------------------------
    (This is in C&C right after the computer reports no unauthorized transmissions)

GARIBALDI: Ha, ha, it is to laugh.

IVANOVA: Quoting Daffy Duck won't help...Computer, run level 8 diagnostic.

COMPUTER VOICE (VO): Authorization code required.

Ivanova moves him aside, presses some buttons.

IVANOVA: The only way your gremlin could protect a wall program from detection is to hide it within a legitimate file. But this should enable us to find it...

COMPUTER VOICE (VO): Diagnostic commenced. Time required 3.2 hours.

GARIBALDI: 3.2 hours!

IVANOVA: It's not like you have a life.

Ivanova starts hitting buttons. Garibaldo scowls.
    -----------------------------
    This scene would have had Ivanova loosening up some earlier than we saw and is a good counterpoint to her grief shortly after.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    Do folks want to hear about others that I might find?
    Jan, dear, I'm surprised you even had to ask this! Of course we wanna hear about anything you find.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    Hmmmmmm. Let me see. Behind the scenes details on small, probably trivial items from B5 production. Gee, I'm not really sure how much interest there would be on this forum, but, what the heck, why don't you go ahead and post them.
    You're right...I probably shouldn't clutter up the forum like this. You folks are sweet to indulge me this way.

Yesterday was a first for me. I think I've read each script but I've never done it while actually watching the episode. The DVDs are great for this since I don't have to worry about wear and tear when I pause to read.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    replied

Yep sure do.
    Last edited by Satai Delenn; 02-14-2005, 05:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Hmmmmmm. Let me see. Behind the scenes details on small, probably trivial items from B5 production. Gee, I'm not really sure how much interest there would be on this forum, but, what the heck, why don't you go ahead and post them.

Leave a comment:

• Babel-17
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I was watching a couple of episodes yesterday and reading the scripts at the same time. Interesting how the same words seem different somehow between reading and performing. I found a little snippet of a scene that was cut from 'Soul Hunter". It's an extension of the mess hall scene:

---------------

Garibaldi and Ivanova are present, talking as Sinclair enters and pours a cup of whatever passes there for coffee.

GARIBALDI: --and so now this guy trys to smuggle some dust onto the station, only he's so vervous he's about to vibrate into another dimension. So I just walk up behind him and say, "...boo." You ever see a guy try and run in four different directions at the same time?

SINCLAIR: It's a full and rewarding life for you, isn't it, Garibaldi?

GARIBALDI: Yeah, right....

-----------------

...and then the scene continues with them talking about the aliens leaving because of the Soul Hunter.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Kloreep
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
    Is that why Morden killed the security guard? There is an episode in which Morden bribes a security guard to enter Babylon 5. Later he killed the guard and stole the diamonds back. This never made sense - when you have a tame guard you keep him so you can use him on your next visit. However if the guard suddenly realised who had been allowed onboard and was about to raise the alarm the killing him would be logical.
    If he's tame. Morden couldn't necessarily count on that, seeing as he didn't have a telepath with him. I always figured Morden was just covering his tracks: better a body that will definitely be found and investigated, but not necessarily lead them to him, than a live guard who might tell them Morden was on the station.

And he did get to keep the diamonds, which might have been a potential issue for Morden depending on bribes he needed to hand out later. IIRC, he did end up using them again to pay Adira's killer. (I'm sure the Shadows can make plenty of diamonds back on Z'ha'dum, but Morden might only have been able to carry a limited supply on himself for the B5 visit.)

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by grumbler
    They also filmed the scene in "Interludes and Examninations" I believe, in which the Shadows frag a Ranger who has been trailing Morden, but had to drop it to get more time in for the buildup to the Londo-Morden confrontation.
    Pity the series didn't originally air on HBO or Showtime. Would have been worth the monthly charge. River of Souls could have run a full two hours instead of "90-some-minutes after commercials"and nobody would have complained as long as all the extra scenes took place in the holo-brothel. Heck, it would probably be ranked as the favorite movie of at least half the fans.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• SpooRancher
    replied
    jms keyboard

To the best of my knowledge, the scene with jms on the stretcher clutching the keyboard was always a joke, and was never intended to be included on anything other than the blooper reel.

If I'm wrong, let me know, but that was my belief from hearing jms comments at conventions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X