X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      Do folks want to hear about others that I might find?
      Hmmmmmm. Let me see. Behind the scenes details on small, probably trivial items from B5 production. Gee, I'm not really sure how much interest there would be on this forum, but, what the heck, why don't you go ahead and post them.
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Yep sure do.
        Last edited by Satai Delenn; 02-14-2005, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
          Hmmmmmm. Let me see. Behind the scenes details on small, probably trivial items from B5 production. Gee, I'm not really sure how much interest there would be on this forum, but, what the heck, why don't you go ahead and post them.
          You're right...I probably shouldn't clutter up the forum like this. You folks are sweet to indulge me this way.

Yesterday was a first for me. I think I've read each script but I've never done it while actually watching the episode. The DVDs are great for this since I don't have to worry about wear and tear when I pause to read.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Jan, dear, I'm surprised you even had to ask this! Of course we wanna hear about anything you find.

Comment

Okay, I don't know if I'll do the entire series, but I continued on tonight with 'Born to the Purple' and found:

-----------------------------
              (This is in C&C right after the computer reports no unauthorized transmissions)

GARIBALDI: Ha, ha, it is to laugh.

IVANOVA: Quoting Daffy Duck won't help...Computer, run level 8 diagnostic.

COMPUTER VOICE (VO): Authorization code required.

Ivanova moves him aside, presses some buttons.

IVANOVA: The only way your gremlin could protect a wall program from detection is to hide it within a legitimate file. But this should enable us to find it...

COMPUTER VOICE (VO): Diagnostic commenced. Time required 3.2 hours.

GARIBALDI: 3.2 hours!

IVANOVA: It's not like you have a life.

Ivanova starts hitting buttons. Garibaldo scowls.
              -----------------------------
              This scene would have had Ivanova loosening up some earlier than we saw and is a good counterpoint to her grief shortly after.

Jan
              Last edited by Jan; 02-14-2005, 06:18 PM.
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I kinda like that one.

Comment

I fear that a lot of the ones you might find will be nice little character moments. They're often the most easily done without. It's interesting when movies include Deleted Scenes with commentaries on the DVDs. Almost universally, there's some scene the director really loves, and the actors just nailed it, and it's a nice charcter moment, but the had to cut it for time or because it broke the flow of the movie.
                  "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                    I fear that a lot of the ones you might find will be nice little character moments.
                    Exactly, and it's a shame, too. But one of the great things about B5 was how closely edited it was to keep the story moving ahead. That's why I often felt that there was at least 2 hours worth of story in each episode.

Jan

Comment

That's a nice character moment for Ivanova definately I wish it had stayed in. It seems to me that character scences are cut in most forms of TV where a character piece would have added more depth and emotion .

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                        That's why I often felt that there was at least 2 hours worth of story in each episode.
                        Hmmmm. 2 hours of story would mean 3 hours of commercial television, so do a series in 3 hour episodes. You could do one episode every month, with two months off, making a 30 hour season. That would be a net gain overall, giving more time for character. The episodes would be more satisfying. The wait between episodes would be an absolute killer, though. Still, the thought has merit!

Comment

Working...
                        X