Cut scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut scenes

Given that there was cut scene's from 'Sleeping in the Light' on the S5 boxset, have they not got any cut scenes from any of the other episodes ? I would like to have seen other cut/different scenes from other episodes.

I can't remember specifics, but I have the sense that JMS was pretty darn good at writing just the right amount to fill out an episode. I seem to recall that in a couple of cases, he shifted a scene from one episode to another so as to waste not. One scene like that I remember is with Ivanova and Lorien on B5.
    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by James13666
      Given that there was cut scene's from 'Sleeping in the Light' on the S5 boxset, have they not got any cut scenes from any of the other episodes ? I would like to have seen other cut/different scenes from other episodes.
      At one point I had a few Director's Cut or Editor's Cut tapes of some of the episodes and the majority of the differences were very minor. Reaction shots shortened; a very few character moments dropped. There's only one full scene that I remember being cut and that was one where a security guard recognized Morden.

I was torn about the cuts to SiL. I wished that the extended scene with Ivanova had been kept as well as JMS walking down the corridor in the dark. I was really glad that they cut the scene with the Station commander falling out of bed and the one of JMS being wheeled out clutching his keyboard. That one's great for showing at conventions but I think it would have ruined the mood of the episode.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by Jan
        I was really glad that they cut the scene with the Station commander falling out of bed and the one of JMS being wheeled out clutching his keyboard. That one's great for showing at conventions but I think it would have ruined the mood of the episode.
        Jan, are you saying they originially intented to include the keyboard scene?!?
        "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
          Jan, are you saying they originially intented to include the keyboard scene?!?
          I don't know for sure. I don't know of any other scenes that were shot just for fun, though, so I've always assumed that it would have been part of the very end 'family album' shots.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by Jan
            I don't know for sure. I don't know of any other scenes that were shot just for fun, though, so I've always assumed that it would have been part of the very end 'family album' shots.
            Hmmm. I still can't believe they seriosly considered including that. I suppose if there were any episode where they would consider shooting a scene for fun, it would be the "last" epsisode of the series, and the one and only directed by it's creator.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cut scenes

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
              Hmmm. I still can't believe they seriosly considered including that. I suppose if there were any episode where they would consider shooting a scene for fun, it would be the "last" epsisode of the series, and the one and only directed by it's creator.
              True. At the same time, though, this was the first episode to shoot on a 6 day schedule instead of 7 the way it had been previously.

You could always post the question on the moderated newsgroup and ask JMS.
              Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                At one point I had a few Director's Cut or Editor's Cut tapes of some of the episodes and the majority of the differences were very minor. Reaction shots shortened; a very few character moments dropped. There's only one full scene that I remember being cut and that was one where a security guard recognized Morden.
                Is that why Morden killed the security guard? There is an episode in which Morden bribes a security guard to enter Babylon 5. Later he killed the guard and stole the diamonds back. This never made sense - when you have a tame guard you keep him so you can use him on your next visit. However if the guard suddenly realised who had been allowed onboard and was about to raise the alarm the killing him would be logical.
                Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                  There's only one full scene that I remember being cut and that was one where a security guard recognized Morden
                  They also filmed the scene in "Interludes and Examninations" I believe, in which the Shadows frag a Ranger who has been trailing Morden, but had to drop it to get more time in for the buildup to the Londo-Morden confrontation.
                  I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

What about the cut scene from Divided Loyalties where Susan and Talia are in bed and...

Wait, that's just something from a dream.
                    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Loyalties where Susan and Talia are in bed and...

Wait, that's just something from a dream.
                      What a minute, that was in MY dream, too.

STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Comment

jms keyboard

To the best of my knowledge, the scene with jms on the stretcher clutching the keyboard was always a joke, and was never intended to be included on anything other than the blooper reel.

If I'm wrong, let me know, but that was my belief from hearing jms comments at conventions.
                        "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                          They also filmed the scene in "Interludes and Examninations" I believe, in which the Shadows frag a Ranger who has been trailing Morden, but had to drop it to get more time in for the buildup to the Londo-Morden confrontation.
                          Pity the series didn't originally air on HBO or Showtime. Would have been worth the monthly charge. River of Souls could have run a full two hours instead of "90-some-minutes after commercials"and nobody would have complained as long as all the extra scenes took place in the holo-brothel. Heck, it would probably be ranked as the favorite movie of at least half the fans.

Regards,

Joe
                          Joseph DeMartino
                          Sigh Corps
                          Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
                            Is that why Morden killed the security guard? There is an episode in which Morden bribes a security guard to enter Babylon 5. Later he killed the guard and stole the diamonds back. This never made sense - when you have a tame guard you keep him so you can use him on your next visit. However if the guard suddenly realised who had been allowed onboard and was about to raise the alarm the killing him would be logical.
                            If he's tame. Morden couldn't necessarily count on that, seeing as he didn't have a telepath with him. I always figured Morden was just covering his tracks: better a body that will definitely be found and investigated, but not necessarily lead them to him, than a live guard who might tell them Morden was on the station.

And he did get to keep the diamonds, which might have been a potential issue for Morden depending on bribes he needed to hand out later. IIRC, he did end up using them again to pay Adira's killer. (I'm sure the Shadows can make plenty of diamonds back on Z'ha'dum, but Morden might only have been able to carry a limited supply on himself for the B5 visit.)
                            Schlock Mercenary: comic space opera

Comment

I was watching a couple of episodes yesterday and reading the scripts at the same time. Interesting how the same words seem different somehow between reading and performing. I found a little snippet of a scene that was cut from 'Soul Hunter". It's an extension of the mess hall scene:

---------------

Garibaldi and Ivanova are present, talking as Sinclair enters and pours a cup of whatever passes there for coffee.

GARIBALDI: --and so now this guy trys to smuggle some dust onto the station, only he's so vervous he's about to vibrate into another dimension. So I just walk up behind him and say, "...boo." You ever see a guy try and run in four different directions at the same time?

SINCLAIR: It's a full and rewarding life for you, isn't it, Garibaldi?

GARIBALDI: Yeah, right....

-----------------

...and then the scene continues with them talking about the aliens leaving because of the Soul Hunter.

Do folks want to hear about others that I might find?

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X