Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hishamT
    replied
    The other day and while searching in some book shops, I found arround 6 or 7 small books for B5 they are like unfilmed episodes, and waaw I was really happy that I got them all without thinking, offcourse the triologies were not there but hay no problem at least I have 6 more books to read, I finished one of them (personal agenda: speaking about a group of Narn going to Centuri prim to save G'kar and how thye act). And now I am almost in the middle of the other "Wisper of your name, the touch of your shadow" which is really breath taking. It seems that I will be spending some good time with these Books and they will help me pass time until I get the triologies.

I will give you the names of the whole group when I get back home and write them down

Leave a comment:

• barryjj1965
    replied
    I was in the same boat regarding the "Psi Corps trilogy".

Eventually got the trilogy in one hardback from Amazon.com market place last week.

Book cost $20 and $10 postage via a rowing boat to Ireland which I believe is okay. Should have it for christmas!

Leave a comment:

• The_One
    replied
    I found it easy to get hold of all the books in the Centauri and Technomage trilogies here in the UK.

However, I can't find a UK supplier *anywhere* that has the Psi Corps trilogy in its entirety. That's the only one missing from my collection now, and I think I may have to get it from Amazon.com. However, if anyone knows of a UK based distributor, I would really appreciate any info you have. I don't really want to pay the extra to get them shipped in from the States...

Leave a comment:

• SpanishFan
    replied
    I have recently bought Legions of Fire and the Technomage Trilogy from Amazon UK. I live in Spain and I thought the shipping was expensive, so I can imagine what it must have been like for you in Canada.
    Besides, as someone pointed out, 'Out of the Darkness' must be hard to find, because they warned me they may not have it, and it would take several weeks. I was doing exams at the time (that's the reason for my long absence, BTW) so I didn't care the waiting, but I think it would have killed me to receive only the first two.

Leave a comment:

• mslulu
    replied
    Has anybody else noticed that the third book of the Centauri trilogy is near-impossible to find?
    I had the hardest time finding this one as well. The copy I received was used. If anyone needs it to complete their reading of the trilogy,I'd be more than happy to ship it. Share the love! The only stipulation is that if someone else needs it, you'll have to send it on. hahah

Ms Lulu

Leave a comment:

• mslulu
    replied
    Doh. I have a friend who lived in Dubai and I had never tried to mail her anything, so no idea what it might cost. I hope you get your books soon! That's outrageous to pay that much for shipping. Good Grief.

Leave a comment:

• magii
    replied
    Week after my 3-rd order for used copy of "Out of Darkness" (Legions of Fire Book 3) was confirmed I have received e-mail informing me, that online book store can not source the title and they cancel my order.

Now I have placed an order in Amazon UK. Price of the book with shipping charges to Canada is more then 3 times original value.

This is the 4-th time and I am just getting little bit frustrated...

Leave a comment:

• barryjj1965
    replied
    Amazon UK seem to have a supplier..

Have a look. at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...59110-5426253:)

Leave a comment:

• magii
    replied
    I have exactly the same problem. I have got (and read) first 2 books, but so far was not able to get my hands on the part III of the "Legions Of Fire" trilogy.

My 2 attemps to get this online (from Amazon and Chapters.ca) were cancelled few days after order confirmation.

At this point I have placed an order on used book (priced twice of the original value) and at this time I hope, that I may get lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Sherlock
    replied
    Has anybody else noticed that the third book of the Centauri trilogy is near-impossible to find? All the other books are readily available, but the third book of that trilogy must have been badly underprinted. Even the online sources don't really have it.

Leave a comment:

• barryjj1965
    replied
    Did you try the online action sites for the books?

e.g. Amazon / ebay / yahoo etc

I gor one trilogy through Yahoo and another through ebay. Both from US sent to Ireland.

Postage was $15 to $30 area via surface mail. But it will take a few weeks to arrive.

John

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    You might query them as to What shipping method they are using.
    The US Post Office offers Discount rates for "Library Materials" i.e., Books.

If they use Fedex or UPS, it's going to cost More.

Check and see if they offer a Choice of shipping methods.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Online? Well, to be honest, not really. Most of those are going to be US-based, and you're going to be selling vital organs to pay for shipping no matter what you do. The Emirates aren't exactly next door to the Americas.

Possibly you'll get better shipping from the UK branch of Amazon. That's my only idea.

Leave a comment:

• hishamT
    replied
    Ooops,

Thanks Ranger1

Yes I made a mistake, the total cost will be 125$ for the shippment to arrive with two weeks and 115$ to arrive in 15 to 28 days
    I thought that this 115 is the transaport charge only

Silly me

Call me cheap but however the original question is still valid, I mean still the shipping cost is more than the books cost, is there any other place that offers better options (polit me ha )

cheers
    Last edited by hishamT; 01-26-2005, 03:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Hmmmm can't be right,try to calculate using this link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...217275-7783320
    and see for yourself if they do charge so much,or is it a mistake.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X