Vorlons and Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vorlons and Shadows

Am I not seeing clearly or did the "true" energy form of the Vorlon resemble the "physical" form of the Shadows?

Also, in War Without End, Part I, the building that is shown on the Minbari homeworld, doesn't it look like a Vorlon or Shadow?

The energy appearance of a Vorlon looked like ginger root to me.

Yes, the building does look like a Vorlon encounter suit.
    JMS mentioned the resemblance at the time. But I also noticed it had the look of a triangular Shadow head on top rather than that of a Vorlon.
    Last edited by B5_Obsessed; 01-23-2005, 04:28 PM.
    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

I'd say the true form of the Vorlons is like a squid and the physical form of the Shadows is like a crab.

Comment

The physical form of the Shadows is that of a mantid, albeit not the blatant praying mantis resemblance of N'Grath.
        Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
          I'd say the true form of the Vorlons is like a squid and the physical form of the Shadows is like a crab.
          Actually, that isn't their physical form. Those are Shadow encounter suits. They chose them because that form is terrifying to most of the younger races, just like their ships.
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

http://jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-583...counter%20suit
            > When we see a "Shadow" are we seeing an encounter suit, a
            > projected imaged like a Vorlon does or a "naked" Shadow?

Well...all of the above, I suppose, would apply in various ways.

jms
            http://jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-680...counter%20suit
            > Was it my imagination or did the Vorlons look like the shadows?
            [...]

I didn't think they looked that much alike. But then, no two
            people ever see Vorlons in quite the same way, I guess.

jms
            Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
            James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Working...
            X