Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

A couple of times in the show a reference is made saying ' so & so on channel 4' when there is a radio message. There is one example of this in Endgame when Marcus goes back to B5 and Delenn calls John to tell him. As this is the only channel reference made during the entire shows five years (that I can think of !), is this a nod of appreciation towards Channel 4 in the UK which supported the show (badly most of the time mind) for its whole 5 years ?

Re: Just a thought

Originally posted by James13666
    A couple of times in the show a reference is made saying ' so & so on channel 4' when there is a radio message. There is one example of this in Endgame when Marcus goes back to B5 and Delenn calls John to tell him. As this is the only channel reference made during the entire shows five years (that I can think of !), is this a nod of appreciation towards Channel 4 in the UK which supported the show (badly most of the time mind) for its whole 5 years ?
    I think it's likely. I'd thought I remembered a post saying that the channel was a reference to Channel 4 in the UK but can't find it right now. I did find this, though:

http://jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-130...ry=channel%204

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I remember for a certainty JMS confirming it was a nod to Channel 4 UK. It might've been in the magazines that I read it. Not sure. But it was absolutely confirmed.

Comment

Cheers peeps. It was one of those things I kept wondering about but never got round to finding out about

Comment

I did at the Lurker's guide and found;

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/find/C...96-09/109.html

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X