No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 Season Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requiem performed by a full orchestra would I am sure sound absolutely amazing, and as for SIL - just watched it again and cryed like a baby. The music just grabs you by the throat. Pure class Mr Franke.
    Duracell Bunny is arrested and charged with BATTERY!!

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
      Have you checked the Downbelow Sound Archive?

http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5/
      tks alot vacantlook...
      it really helped..i have been there for 2 days now. i forgot how many great lines i could use til I went there. it is now bookmarked..tks again
      There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against such power, governments, and kingdoms, and conquerors cannot stand.
      WE WILL BE FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
        I was just flicking through my record collection this evening and being a Joni Mitchell fan the song Woodstock came out for a spin. Forgive me if anyones commented on this before but I have a nagging suspicion that JMS may also be a fan.

"Well maybe it is just the time of year
        Or maybe itÆs the time of man
        I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM,
        But you know life is for learning"

and

"We are stardust
        Billion year old carbon
        We are golden
        Caught in the devilÆs bargain
        And weÆve got to get ourselves
        Back to the garden"

Just a thought.

Susan " Do you know who I am,"

Delenn "We are starstuff,"
        I didn't even know Joni Mitchell did a rendition of Woodstock, I only think of Crosby, Stills and Nash (and Young?) singing it. You need the harmonies.

I think you might be stretching on the first one. I don't know who I am, is completely different from Do you know who I am.

But the 'starstuff' speech comes more directly from Carl Sagan on the PBS series "Cosmos", where he intoned in his funny voice, "The matter from the very stars is the same matter that makes up us. We are the Cosmos, we are starstuff. I don't remember if he used the line, "We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out", but he may have.
        Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

I don't know if it is just me, but I can't seem to get a reply from sonicimages I tried two of their e-mail addresses, neither address existed. and CF's address hasn't replied (no surprise). I was trying to contact them about payment options (I'd need to be able to pay with Visa Electron).

The above doesn't exactly make me confident about ordering from them, even though I'd love to get some of the soundtracks - like gotta love the piece "Z'Ha'Dum" from the Vol II CD since I've heard it... it is a very nice piece. Quite aggressive, with one part from "Confessions and Lamentations" where Delenn discusses entering the quarantine area with Sheridan... it's one of my favorite scenes in the series. Anyway that part nicely balances the otherwise aggressive track.

Comment

I had no problems with my Sonic Images order (though they had problems with me filling in one digit on the credit card incorrectly ). It's strange that the e-mail addresses don't work, though.
            Schlock Mercenary: comic space opera

Comment

One more factoid about the We are starstuff line:
              The episode, A Distant Star was Written by D.C. Fontana
              Not by JMS.

Comment

Originally posted by bakana
                One more factoid about the We are starstuff line:
                The episode, A Distant Star was Written by D.C. Fontana
                Not by JMS.
                As JMS has pointed out numerous times, the ep writers are always given credit for great lines when it is he who added them in himself. I don't know about that particular one, but I have a feeling.
                Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
                X