No announcement yet.

Letters returned??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...don't mail to Winchester yet anyone...I've still not completely confirmed their involvement. I went back and double checked the source info and there is no confirmation!

Therefore, hold up a bit until we can make certain that Winchester is the production house.

CE
    Anthony Flessas
    Writer/Producer/Director,
    SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth
      Therefore, hold up a bit until we can make certain that Winchester is the production house.
      Does anyone have access to the full casting advert?
      The version viewable by the general public does not say to whom applications should be sent.
      Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by JPH3
        My returned letter was sent from less than 300 miles from Burbank...hardly out of the country. It's marked 'Return to Sender - Not deliverable as addressed - Unable to forward'. It's postmarked 15 December from Oakland, CA.

The address is the WB address from 'keepB5alive'. I didn't make any mistakes.

V/R
        John
        I had the same marking, on a sticker placed on top of the address from KeepB5alive. Mine was postmarked from Houston on December 17 and got it returned past Monday.

I wonder... maybe they did receive and read the first few letters and then decided to return the rest?

I hate thinking on conspiracy theory terms but all the circumstances surrounding the rumors about TMoS have put me in that mindframe.

Maybe we should keep track of postmarking dates for letters returned and not returned?
        Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
        James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

My letter was just returned to me today that I sent out on Dec. 14th. It says "Not Listed at WB"

Comment

What "address at keepb5alive" did you use? I believe there have been a couple of corrections since the site went up.

The letters should simply be addressed to Feature Film Development at the studio, and not mention "Babylon 5", "The Memory of Shadows" or anything esle on the envelope. The film does not have an office on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, so the mailroom is not going to know what to do with the letters. We went to get these into the executive offices where decisions about Feature Films are made. Even if JMS did have production offices open on the WB lot there'd be no point in our sending the letters to him, which is what marking them "Babylon 5" would do.

If your letter did contain such production-specific information in the address that is almost certainly the reason the letter was returned. We didn't figure that out until after the first wave of letters went out, which is why it took a little time to get the site updated.

The other thing that will get a letter, once opened, returned is if it contains story or plot ideas. By all means support the crew and the movie in general, but do not suggest storylines involving those characters.

Regards,

Joe
            Joseph DeMartino
            Sigh Corps
            Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Yeah, I realize that now. I just wish we had an accurate address to send it to in the first place so I didn't have to waste a .37 stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by B5fan
                Yeah, I realize that now. I just wish we had an accurate address to send it to in the first place so I didn't have to waste a .37 stamp.
                Sorry 'bout that. We gave out the best information we had available and the street address hasn't changed, only our attempts to target what department the letters went to. We've actually seen reports of fewer than a dozen letters returned from the first wave and none so far from the second wave.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
                X