Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusade DVD holiday present appreciation

I love Crusade. !!!

Don't get me wrong, I had the episodes taped from when they aired on SciFi, but after getting the box set for the holiday on Wednesday (a festivus-like hybrid with the solstice thrown in due to our lack of christianity), I repeatedly am reminding my girlfriend how amazing this show is. Compare this first truncated season to seaon 1 of B5, and I find this imminently more rewatchable and rewarding. Don't even get me started on junk like Enterprise first season, or any other first season of a sci fi show for that matter. This show is, and would have gone on to be amazing. Does anyone know the names of the TNT execs that pulled the plug? Just to let them know how much I love this show?

I was amazed to realize how few episodes Galen actually is in, as he was a clear favorite of mine, but its Gideon that seals the deal for me. Gary Cole is my apotheosis of a space ship captain.

Damn if I could just get to watch the rest of the story.

After watching War Zone, I had a thought, that i don't think I have read much speculation about yet. Galen tells Gideon that he had gotten in trouble before by helping others and getting involved in the affairs of humans, etc. What are the chances that TMOS takes place before Crusade? If TMOS is a hit, what are the odds of us seeing something like a new series. obviously not everything would be the same, but it's there isn't it? I am encouraged because JMS hasn't approved any new novels about the Crusade crew, so I am speculating that maybe he really wants to tell that story still. His way.
    Anway, its a chance.

Also, what about the revelation in the JMS commentary about Gideon and the Apocalypse box? Wow, JMS does like to bring back the captain from the dead, eh? Anybody else have ideas about this?

THanks for listening to my excited ramble. I think I have about two episodes left to watch on the set.

I have to join in on the excited rambling. I did not find Crusade under the Christmas tree... but I had previously determined that if it was not there, then I'd be picking it up as soon as possible. Which I did. Yesterday.

I'm only a few episodes in, and am watching in the order that JMS suggested rather then the TNT order. After the first episode, Racing The Night, I cursed TNT. Jerk-holes!! I have no doubt this would've been really good. Really, really, good! So many interesting stories to explore... the Apocalypse Box, finding the cure to the Drakh plague, Galen and Dureena, Gideon's unresolved grief over what happened on his first ship... grrrr... a pox on you, TNT!!

I know it's a great unknown if JMS reads this site at all, but on the off chance... Please!!! Puh-luh-ease!! Give us the whole story somehow!!

Henry, have you had a chance to read the Technomage novels? That could be what Galen could be referring to when he made that statement... maybe...
    "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us..."

Comment

Henry, have you had a chance to read the Technomage novels? That could be what Galen could be referring to when he made that statement... maybe... [/B][/QUOTE]

I have read them. Yes, you make a good point. Just wishful thinking on my part, I suppose. I suppose we will have to wait out the next few months patiently waiting whatever news comes out.

Comment

Re: Crusade DVD holiday present appreciation

Originally posted by HenryCrnkovich
        Does anyone know the names of the TNT execs that pulled the plug? Just to let them know how much I love this show?
        They're probably enrolled in something a lot like the Witness Protection Program.

After watching War Zone, I had a thought, that i don't think I have read much speculation about yet. Galen tells Gideon that he had gotten in trouble before by helping others and getting involved in the affairs of humans, etc. What are the chances that TMOS takes place before Crusade?
        Well, Galen's remark in January 2267 could refer to the events of "A Call to Arms" (Dec. 2266-Jan. 2267) or even the Technomage trilogy (Nov. 2258-sometime in 2261). JMS's outline for the trilogy probably came from his detailed notes on what takes place in the B5 universe in the 2200's.).

If TMOS is a hit, what are the odds of us seeing something like a new series. obviously not everything would be the same, but it's there isn't it? I am encouraged because JMS hasn't approved any new novels about the Crusade crew, so I am speculating that maybe he really wants to tell that story still. His way.
        If only we'd be that lucky.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Crusade:The JMS versus TNT Saga

If you weren't aware of it, here's my topic of archived information about the problems associated with Crusade's production:

http://www.isnnews.net/forums/showth...?threadid=2244
          Visitor from another time-space-distortion-anomaly...

Comment

Thanks for the link, DDC. I had read it several months go, but it was good to go through again now that I am more familiar with Crusade.

Didn't JMS mention at some point that there is a B5 graphic novel in the works? If I'm not mistaken on that, then it is my sincere hope that this novel could be the way that he concludes the Crusade story, outside of whatever he has planned for TMoS.
            "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot
              Didn't JMS mention at some point that there is a B5 graphic novel in the works? If I'm not mistaken on that, then it is my sincere hope that this novel could be the way that he concludes the Crusade story, outside of whatever he has planned for TMoS.
              JMS posted on the Marvel newsgroup:

Subject: Re: Where is JMS? In the past he defended Sins Past
              To: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe
              Date: 10/8/2004 9:35:30 AM
              View Thread
              (27 messages)

>That's good, but where's that Babylon 5 comic you promised?

It's now being written, having waited for some other developments to take
              place, and will be turned into Wildstorm in the first part of the year. (It's
              a 100 page graphic novel, so that takes a while.)

jms

([email protected])
              (all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
              permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
              and don't send me story ideas)
              Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Re: Crusade:The JMS versus TNT Saga

Originally posted by DDC2000
                If you weren't aware of it, here's my topic of archived information about the problems associated with Crusade's production:

http://www.isnnews.net/forums/showth...?threadid=2244

I was not aware of this thread, thank you!

I only found about jmsnews earlier this year after emailing Joe directly--a thank you sort of fan letter---and he suggested I come here to find out about what happened with Crusade.

I think these forums are great, and appreciate the contributions thus far.

Have a happy new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                  JMS posted on the Marvel newsgroup:

quote:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Subject: Re: Where is JMS? In the past he defended Sins Past
                  To: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe
                  Date: 10/8/2004 9:35:30 AM
                  View Thread
                  (27 messages)

>That's good, but where's that Babylon 5 comic you promised?

It's now being written, having waited for some other developments to take
                  place, and will be turned into Wildstorm in the first part of the year. (It's
                  a 100 page graphic novel, so that takes a while.)

jms

([email protected])
                  (all message content (c) 2004 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
                  permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
                  and don't send me story ideas)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it IS going to come out!!! <said with the same attitude & enthusiasm as CC had in the "Babylon 51" blooper>

http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5/snds/b51.wav
                  Mac Breck (KoshN)
                  ------------------
                  Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                  JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                  Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Re: Re: Crusade:The JMS versus TNT Saga

I only found about jmsnews earlier this year after emailing Joe directly--a thank you sort of fan letter---and he suggested I come here to find out about what happened with Crusade.

I think these forums are great, and appreciate the contributions thus far.
                    Thanks for the kind words, Henry, and welcome. I thank DougO every day for the archives of JMS's posts. The archives and Lurker's have added more layers of enjoyment for the show. I have my bookmark open to the archives to check for JMS posts each time since my reader sometimes doesn't let me see them as quickly as it might.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I finally got my set today, after waiting for a long time. There had been some mix-up with the post service, and I should have gotten my package two weeks ago. The Crusade set is so beautiful.

Comment

Sigh! I have to wait to get my Crusade.

Plan A was to get it for Christmas. If that didn't happen, Plan B was to go and buy it with my Christmas money. But now I have to go with Plan C. My birthday is in March and my husband has dropped hints but won't say for sure what I'll be getting (it might be Crusade, but maybe not). Whatever it is, it's already ordered.

So here I am, sitting and waiting
                        Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Working...
                        X