Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Dream in the City of Sorrows (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VL, you will note that JMS never used the word DNA here. You are assuming (reasonably, I might add) based on his words that he is agreeing that it was DNA, but he isn't really answering the question here.

There is an enormous amount of faith/religious instance in B5 that do NOT have simple answers. How does Londo dream of his own death so accurately? Where does Lady Lidira(?) get her powers of prophecy? What, exactly, is making the crystals on Delenn's quarters tinkle as she releases the Minbari "souls?"
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

How does Londo dream of his own death so accurately? Where does Lady Lidira(?) get her powers of prophecy?
      I'd say it's all psychic interpretation of probability. With probability being a huge part of quantum physics, I'd guess it's some manifestation of the concept of everything around us being waves of probability until we measure/observe them.

What, exactly, is making the crystals on Delenn's quarters tinkle as she releases the Minbari "souls?"?
      Dissipating energy of copied neural paterns.

Comment

Comes the Inquisitor was not about Sheridan and Delenn. It was about Kosh. He could no longer excuse inaction after he was shown the committment of the younger races to the cause he ostensibly believed in. Being active against the Shadows would ultimately mean paying the price.

But Kosh must be sacrificed if all were to be saved. Even beyond death he kept that promise.
        It's not a One or the Other thing going on here.
        It's JMS Repeating a Theme.
        He does it all thru the series.

Comment

Working...
        X