Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    When I emailed JMS he replied that he had not heard of the Website and that he did not think it was part of anything legitimate.

He was also worried about viruses and spybots. That is a good point, time for us to update and run virus checkers + Spy Sweepers.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by MulderLestatBlk
    I know...that is weird. Is it just me, or the details on that page sound as if they were written by a ten year old.
    Possibly or an adult who is carefully avoiding prosecution.

I am very suspicious of this site.

It could be a spammer or a journalist out for inside information about the film.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by z^3
    Real or not, what I found interesting was that the phrase "Babylon 5" is nowhere to be seen. (And neither JMS nor Doug Netter are mentioned either, come to think of it...)
    Nor was Warner Brothers mentioned or any other film company.

The web site was called space movie rather say B5 movie. It uses a rental database on an ordinary ISP (Network54) computer based in California.

There is no copyright or trademark on the site. Nor is there a Website owner.

The only thing it does is collect the personal email address of actors.

Leave a comment:

• MulderLestatBlk
    replied
    Real or not, what I found interesting was that the phrase "Babylon 5" is nowhere to be seen. (And neither JMS nor Doug Netter are mentioned either, come to think of it...)
    I know...that is weird. Is it just me, or the details on that page sound as if they were written by a ten year old.

Leave a comment:

• z^3
    replied
    Originally posted by bakana
    The following link Looks real, but it provides almost NO Info.

Space Movie Info

And that's it.
    Except for the screen that allows you to enter your Name & E-Mail address.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by bakana

Space Movie Info

And that's it.
    Is there any more information?

Alternatively do they want a link to more information about Babylon 5?

Leave a comment:

• The One to come
    replied
    I can't spell so hang me :P

Does that take away from what I said??.......

Man now every ones going to think I'm a dunc, I sware I'm in university... really!!

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    The following link Looks real, but it provides almost NO Info.

It is, apparnetly, a site where Actors can post their E-Mail addresses in hopes that someone will reply with more specific info about the movie.
    It doesn't give any more info than we already have.
    So, if you're willing to lie about being an Actor, you could go fishing...

Space Movie Info

A sci-fi film now casting for April 2005. Directed by Steven Beck.

The Memory of Shadows , an upcoming science-fiction space film, is now casting major roles for production this April.

This film is about a giant space station in the future, where the evil technology of the ancient "Shadow Race" is being unleashed upon the galaxy by an unknown force. Earthforce intelligence officer Diane Baker sets out to discover who is behind this conspiracy.

It is being produced by Alain Gottesman, and directed by Steven Beck. Production begins this spring.

Click Here For More Info
    And that's it.

Leave a comment:

• dimension_boy
    replied
    Re: Re: Action Geezers to the rescue????

Originally posted by rotabilis
    Funny.... this wasn't an issue when the Star Trek movies were made, with all of the original ST "geezers" front and center. They were even brought back for FIVE sequels. And Star Trek had been off the air for a lot longer before the first film than B5 has at this point.
    My thoughts exactly. In fact, I was of the right age at the time of the theatrical releases of Star Trek, I guess, to really relate more to the grizzled and ponchy cast on film than their younger and less charming 60's incarnations.

However, as far as B5 is concerned, I am not yet on board with the concept that we will see nothing of our beloved characters in TMoS.

At worst, I am in the denial stage maybe, saving the anger stage for later when I know for certain that jms has lost the control of this production he so rightly deserves. This assumes his script includes the original cast at all. His five year story is complete, so he may in fact intend to focus on a new cast. Who knows?

One thing is certain for me: plots and casting news always come out early for fan-frenzied film-favorites. Heck, we haven't even reached production yet and speculation is at a phenominal high.

For now, faith manages.

Leave a comment:

• Rug
    replied
    Remember....

I have been a _very_ long-time lurker and I have enjoyed all the intrigue and excitement that JMS has generated over the past months.

With all the deliberations, doubts, and debates over what-is-to-come; I find I have one thought repeating over & over in my mind.

"I will miss this place when it is gone."

I am honoured to have been here when this dream was built, I will continue to honour its legacy as the existing paradigm tries to corrupt what it doesn't understand.

Remember the spirit with which B5 was created; What is built endures.

JMS has built a future for us. A future that allows us to demand more from our entertainment. A future that caters not to "lowest-common-denominator mass-market-fluff" but to intelligent, thoughtful, and inspired art.

The completion of the B5 story has left us with a vacuum. Nature abhors a vacuum, so be confident that there will be something that will fill it's place, grow, and be nutured by the fertile soil that has been left.

TMoS may not be what we hope, but it is what we will get. Reward the corporations that honour us, be confident that what is old and fails to adapt will sentence itself to extinction.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Malloy
    replied
    I just realized today, that it was a little over a year ago we first got hints from JMS that a big announcement would happen, in just a few more weeks...months...?

Now we've been on pins and needles for the past however many weeks because immediately after getting very good news about the film and production dates, etc., we got sickening news of re-casting - at least of Galen.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I check the lists several times a day looking for any word.

Fan? Fanatic?

I must say after watching Crusade on DVD at least three times since I received it, I really like ALL of the characters.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by KoshN
    moot

And you iconize yourself as a Vorlon!

...must one of those rebelious Vorlons.....
    Well you know those pesky Vorlons and the things they say....

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by The One to come
    Well I think it a mute point ...
    moot

And you iconize yourself as a Vorlon!

...must one of those rebelious Vorlons.....

Leave a comment:

• The One to come
    replied
    Well I think it a mute point I have no worries the JMS will walk if they try to change the actors, and I would fully support him if WB forced him to walk away.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Re: Re-casting

Originally posted by neo-nonconformist
    If they can re-cast James Bond as someone other than Sean Connery -
    if they can re-cast the Phantom as someone other than Michael Crawford -
    they can re-cast John and Delenn.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that "they" cannot recast the TV series actors, just that they would be foolish to do so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X