No announcement yet.

TMoS recasting rumor-actions & reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW was not the lead heavy in The Patriot. In fact, I think he was only in the movie for about 15 minutes, playing Cornwallis's second in command.

I agree that PW is not a "name star" but think he certainly has screen presence and acting skill, which is all you can ask for. After all, Vigo Mortenson had only those two things going for him and he was the male lead in a much bigger picture!

However, I also agree that this isn't worth debating with Herc about. He is prepped for the story and may cover it when something more solid comes out, but he isn't ready for a leap of faith.
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

• I never watched Crusade, so I can't comment on those actors, or the characters they played. -_-;; But unless this rumor was about Star Trek or Joss and his megaverse, I really don't think Herc is going to look at it. If this rumor were about Star Trek being re-cast by fresh young actors like Orlando Bloom :P, he would have posted it and been beside himself. O_O;; Again, IMHO, from what I have seen on that webpage, anyways.
      The most obvious, yet often overlooked medium for transmitting the message: http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/signs.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by grumbler
        PW was not the lead heavy in The Patriot. In fact, I think he was only in the movie for about 15 minutes, playing Cornwallis's second in command.
        D'oh. Right you are. I hadn't seen Patriot since it opened, but Peter's performance still hung in my mind, eclipsing most of the rest of the picture.

BTW, are you the same grumbler from over at DVDFiles?
        Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• For what it's worth, he did stretch his two or three lines for all he could get. Who could forget "Sound........ Retreat?"
          Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

• Originally posted by frulad
            BTW, are you the same grumbler from over at DVDFiles?
            Don't think so. I use this name on all of the fora I belong to, but don't belong to any forum cal DVDFiles.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

• OH, NO! Someone's trying to recast grumbler!

New letter writing campaign anyone?

CE
              Anthony Flessas
              Writer/Producer/Director,
              SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by colonyearth
                OH, NO! Someone's trying to recast grumbler!

New letter writing campaign anyone?
                "For or against?"
                Andrew Swallow

Comment

• For, of course! He's made the character of grumbler what it is today. He deserves the right to remain in that role. Some imposter over at DVDwhatsits.com better not DARE take that role away from our beloved grumbler!

CE
                  Anthony Flessas
                  SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

• beloved grumbler!
                    Beloved ?
                    Is there anything you guys need to share with the crowd?

>GD&R<

Comment

• Nope, not a rumor

See

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/...ewlisting.html

and search for GALEN.

Just to add a moment of reason. We do NOT know that one of the following is not true:

a) PW doesn't want to play Galen
                      b) PW can't play galen due to logistics (attenborough movie, terminal disease, cabbage) or financial reasons (agent).

a) is admittedly unlikely, as he sounded very enthusiastic in the Crusade Commentary.

b) is altogether possible though.

Unlikely, but possible.

Just wagging my patronizing finger urging people to express their feelings, but POLITELY!

Comment

• i am new here.

I have been lurking at this site for a while.
                        But I have decided to come out of the shadows and make my voice known. I have written my letter and will be sending it tommorow. Heres a copy of it
                        I feel that because b5 means so much to me I should share my experience with TPTB. I also want to say hi to everyone and say that I think your all doing a great job. also can someone post the recasting news at trekbbs?? I havent seen anything there. anyhow its good not to be lurker anymore

to whom it may concern

I am very excited to hear that a babylon5 feature film is in the works. Babylon5 is my favorite show if all time. I have every season on DVD and all the movies as well. The news of a major motion picture is something I have been waiting for a while to see..Babylon5 means alot to me. My father commited suicide in 1995 and it took alot for me to keep going. I discovered B5 1996 in the third season and the travails of Sheridan, Delen, Ivanova,Gkar made me fight for each day. I truly feel that B5 gave me the strength to go on.

As I am excited, I am also puzzled and disturbed by rumours that the people I grew up with will be recast. I dont want to see anyone else in these roles. I want Bruce Boxelitner as Sheridan, Mira Furlan as Delen, and Jerry Doyle as Garibaldi. I would also like to see Claudia Christian as Ivanova. These are the right people for the roles. If you feel you need bigger names then cast stars in supporting roles. I would greatly be dissappointed if the roles were recast.

A little something about me. I am 31 years old and a student at University of Montana studying theatre education. I am also a musicain and artist. I usaually dont send letters like this. But I feel that you might be making a huge mistake. we dont want to see younger prettier versions of the charactrers. Why call it b5 if thats the case? We want the actors who made the roles famous.

Sincerely Philip Wilson

Faith Manages
                        all of life is made up of Transition and revelation

Comment

• Welcome to the boards.

I read your letter and I have to say it reflects what I think many of us feel/felt.

Comment

• Welcome Philip. What a wonderful letter..and a great example of how to write one. Make it personal. A very touching story. I'm sorry for your loss and so glad that B5 was a source of hope for you.

It has been for me as well. Did you ever hear the story JMS told about the woman whose husband was dieing of cancer? He felt G'Kar's words were those of hope and inspiration. So she put them on a tape that played them over and over for him as he lay in bed. She told JMS that those words kept him alive a lot longer than he was supposed to live and gave him the strength to carry on each day.

She thanked him for giving her husband hope and strength to live each day through G'Kar and said it gave her more time with him before he passed. It was, needless to say, a humbling thing for JMS to hear. It is a tale I still tell people who I am introducing to B5 for the first time.

Now, I have yours to share as well. It is, truly, a powerful universe filled with inspiring characters. Thank you for sharing your story.

bakana...beloved in the general usage of the word. I was making a little joke since I used the same word for the cast.

DOH!

We are making a difference people. Keep up the great work and never forget...Faith Manages!

CE
                            Anthony Flessas
                            SP Pictures

Comment

• Philip - Welcome and I echo what CE said. Thanks for sharing.

CE - Clear out your mailbox!

Jan
                              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Mailbox cleared!

Sorry
                                Anthony Flessas
                                SP Pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X