X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Malloy
    replied
    B5_Obsessed :

"According to JMS, Mary Kay Adams nailed the auditions but when it came to finally portraying the role on television, she switched and tried to play the role more feminine. God only knows what she was thinking, but after several episodes of spirited disagreement between the parties involved, JMS gave up and dropped a mass-driven asteroid on her. "

That explains everything! I wondered about her in that role from the moment she opened her mouth..., no before that. She bore absolutely NO physical resemblance to Na'Toth, the original.

That squeaky little super fem voice was REALLY annoying, for a Narn. No, for any part.

Leave a comment:

• B5_Obsessed
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    JDSValen said:

I wonder if jms had known that Mary Kay Adams was going to refuse to perform Na'Toth on camera the way she did during her auditions when they recasted, would jms had tried to convince Julie to have done Na'Toth as a guest character for the first couple of episodes in season two. She obviously liked the character otherwise I don't see why she would have reprised it in season five.

Oh the power of hindsight, eh?
    According to JMS, Mary Kay Adams nailed the auditions but when it came to finally portraying the role on television, she switched and tried to play the role more feminine. God only knows what she was thinking, but after several episodes of spirited disagreement between the parties involved, JMS gave up and dropped a mass-driven asteroid on her.

As for the makeup, JCB stuck with it as long as possible - more longer than Mary Woronov (of "Eating Raoul" fame ), who shot one episode as the great Ko'Dath and decided it was definitely not for her.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Though it wasn't aired first, 'Infection' was the first episode written.

I liked believers a lot, if for no other reason than it told me that this show didn't have a magic reset button. I also like David Gerrold when he's writing his darker stuff.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Malloy
    I'm a big fan of Michael O'Hare, but I think he had to endure some pretty dumb episodes.

Has everyone forgotten "Believers?"

How about the one with the guy who turned into a mechanical killing machine? I can't even remember the name of that episode.
    Actually, I liked "Believers", but "Infection" was definitely a so-so monster loose on the ship/station/base episode with one exception. There was a brilliant character moment at the end between Garibaldi and Sinclair, when Mr. G. is asking Sinclair whether he's just looking for a reason to die. IMO, the only redeeming part of "Infection."

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Malloy
    I'm a big fan of Michael O'Hare, but I think he had to endure some pretty dumb episodes.

Was that the one where Sinclair went crazy and went after some monster, then Garibaldi confronted him about having a deathwish?

Cause that scene with Garibaldi and Sinclair was awesome . . . . the rest of the episode . . . not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Malloy
    replied

How about the one with the guy who turned into a mechanical killing machine? I can't even remember the name of that episode.

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    replied
    Originally posted by funkymikemoses
    urg...Learning Curve....second worst episode after Grey 17
    My opinion, TKO was worse than both of those. I never want to hear the word "Mutai" ever again.

Leave a comment:

• funkymikemoses
    replied
    urg...Learning Curve....second worst episode after Grey 17

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I had a problem with the Tannier recast.
    You're not alone, Amy, though I have different reasons. I just didn't feel the two Tanniers behaved much the same -- and before someone starts: yeah yeah, people change over time, but it still doesn't fit right for me. So, despite jms's online words, I see the two Tanniers as different people with the same name.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I had a problem with the Tannier recast. I'm pretty sure that he changed castes. The Tannier of LotR was definitely Warrior Caste, but in Learning Curve his bone was shaped more like a religious caste. At least, I'm pretty sure I'm remembering this correctly - at the time, I was pretty fixated on it, and so checked back and forth a few times. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

Amy

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I was wondering about the Ranger who appeared in 'The Needs of Earth', too. Anybody catch his name?
    That would be Trulann.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Marty
    Tannier was a trainee ranger, who appeared first in the Season 5 episode, err. Learning Curve, I think.

The character later appeared in Legend of the Rangers(Captain of the Valen), but since the original actor was not available, the role was recast.
    Yes, Learning Curve is right. I was wondering about the Ranger who appeared in 'The Needs of Earth', too. Anybody catch his name?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Marty
    replied
    Tannier was a trainee ranger, who appeared first in the Season 5 episode, err. Learning Curve, I think.

The character later appeared in Legend of the Rangers(Captain of the Valen), but since the original actor was not available, the role was recast.

Leave a comment:

• Night Marshal
    replied
    Consider how many hours of my life I have spent watching Babylon 5 and other Babylon Projects I feel bad for asking this but who is Tannier? and what eps was he in?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by JDSValen
    I knew about Brown. I ment that Draal's recasting was the only one explained in story.
    Oops, sorry. I misunderstood.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X