• Show
Clear All
    JDSValen
    Confirmed User

• JDSValen
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    Anna Sheridan can be added to that list
    Right . . . I forgot about Anna Sheridan.

Originally posted by vacantlook
    I wonder if jms had known that Mary Kay Adams was going to refuse to perform Na'Toth on camera the way she did during her auditions when they recasted, would jms had tried to convince Julie to have done Na'Toth as a guest character for the first couple of episodes in season two. She obviously liked the character otherwise I don't see why she would have reprised it in season five.
    I had no idea Mary Kay was like that. Very interesting . . . that explains why she was only in a hadnfull of eps. I wonder why she was like that?

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    Confirmed User

• JDSValen
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Originally posted by JDSValen
    P.S. Of the 3, only Draal's recasting was explained. I have no idea whether JMS had always intended on recasting the part, or if it was just something that came up.
    Not quite. Na'toth's recasting was due to Julie Caitlyn Brown not wanting to do prosthetics work anymore. Due to the face that she had come to the rescue at the last minute when the first actress hired had trouble with the prosthetics, Julie wasn't bound by the same contract that the rest were.
    I knew about Brown. I ment that Draal's recasting was the only one explained in story.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    Confirmed User

• vacantlook
    replied
    JDSValen said:
    there have been only 3 roles which were recast:

Na'Toth
    Draal
    Tannier
    Anna Sheridan can be added to that list, I'd say. And depending on how you want to consider the quick shot of Sheridan's parents when he was under the influence of the energy creature that had hitched a ride on him and wanted him to take it back to the time rift, one could also say Pappa Sheridan too.

Jan said:
    Na'toth's recasting was due to Julie Caitlyn Brown not wanting to do prosthetics work anymore. Due to the face that she had come to the rescue at the last minute when the first actress hired had trouble with the prosthetics, Julie wasn't bound by the same contract that the rest were.
    I wonder if jms had known that Mary Kay Adams was going to refuse to perform Na'Toth on camera the way she did during her auditions when they recasted, would jms had tried to convince Julie to have done Na'Toth as a guest character for the first couple of episodes in season two. She obviously liked the character otherwise I don't see why she would have reprised it in season five.

Oh the power of hindsight, eh?
    vacantlook
    Confirmed User
    Last edited by vacantlook; 12-14-2004, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Towelmaster
    How about recasting Sheridan for Sinclair. Does that count?
    No, because the *character* (different actor, same character) wasn't recast, only the station commander.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    Dr. Zelenka

• Towelmaster
    replied
    How about recasting Sheridan for Sinclair. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Re: Recasting Roles

Originally posted by JDSValen
    P.S. Of the 3, only Draal's recasting was explained. I have no idea whether JMS had always intended on recasting the part, or if it was just something that came up.
    Not quite. Na'toth's recasting was due to Julie Caitlyn Brown not wanting to do prosthetics work anymore. Due to the face that she had come to the rescue at the last minute when the first actress hired had trouble with the prosthetics, Julie wasn't bound by the same contract that the rest were.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JDSValen
    Confirmed User

• JDSValen
    started a topic Recasting Roles

Recasting Roles

If my memory serves me correctly, in the history of B5 there have been only 3 roles which were recast:

Na'Toth
    Draal
    Tannier

We have been making all this fuss over rumors. JMS has said NOTHING so far. I'm going to remain hopefull, because I have faith in JMS, and (wait for it. . . . wait for it) Faith Manages (I had too ).

Working...
X