• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    This one was mentioned over in the actions & reactions thread:

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/...hp?Article=754

It's much more the sort of thing I expected to see that the PW blurb wasn't.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Go to the SciFi2K.com homepage and check the bottom of the left hand frame, also check the disclaimer.

It's a personal website from someone that seems to be a very dedicated Sci-Fi fan (he only has a hotmail address)... but he's wrong in following the "party line" that recasts are needed. He forgets that the characters of B5 age and there is a defined timeline for the stories in the Universe, and he doesn't consider that a thirty-something Interstellar President Sheridan would look ridiculous.

The problem I see with websites like that one (and this age of "infotainment" in general) is that they don't see that there's a line between reporting news and editorializing. He reports his opinion of the need for a recast as if it was part of the news.

Nice mention of the letter writing campaign, but he forgot to say anything about the tone of the campaign, and he didn't mention the website, too bad this mention is marred by almost pleading that no letters are needed...

Hopefully a few polite emails can help him change his mind.
    I already wrote to him, asking him to make a minor correction to the address, and arguing for the adequacy of keeping the original cast, also suggesting he puts a link to KeepB5alive.com
    But anyway, I don't think we should bombard him with email, a few polite emails might help to bring him to the cause, but too many might be bothersome to him and counterproductive for us. Especially important that no one sends him hate mail.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Found this link over at the moderated newsgroup. I don't know anything about this site, does anybody else?

http://www.scifi2k.com/anews2187.html

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    The Zocalo today

As mentioned in the original thread, http://www.isnnews.net/ has had the question about recasting as the Discussion Topic for a few days. I encourage everybody to participate and send an email so that it can be posted.

In addition, as word has spread, the space being given to the story is growing. Sandy Bruckner, the publisher says she still hopes that the reports are untrue but doesn't say she doesn't believe them. We all hope they're untrue! She's covering all reports out there.

For those who may not be familiar with it, The Zocalo Today was *the* original B5 newsletter online. Sandy Bruckner and others really helped form the B5 community with news and discussions and lots of interaction between the B5 set and the fans. After the show ended, the Z went away for a time and eventually was resurrected as a website with an email version. With little going on in the B5 universe, it became a nice site to keep an eye on genre TV and movies in general but always with an emphasis on B5. Sandy was instrumental in running the Official Fan Club and contributed articles to the B5 magazine, too.

EDIT: I got some corrected information about the ISNnews.net site that I referred to as being Sandy Bruckner's:

<<The www.isnnews.net site is not owned by Sandra Bruckner. The site owners are David Boyd and Doron Rosenberg. What they did was give Sandy a new home for her Zocalo Today and they moved it to the front page since their own news and B5/Crusade/Rangers pages were dormant.>>

My appologies for giving out bad info and thanks for the correction.

Check it out and send that email, okay? I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a site that WB might keep an eye on.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 12-15-2004, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    started a topic Links to news items found

Links to news items found

As word is spreading, I'm seeing people refer to news items the see. Let's use this thread to post them for all of us in one place. Not forum or bulletin board postings items found places like Scifi.com or darkhorizons.com or a bunch of others.

Jan
Working...
X