No announcement yet.

Links to news items found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last two Trek movies havent been exactly successful..

But then, you can't compare Trek to B5

There's no development of characters, so it doesnt matter if a dozen ppl(crew of the enterprise) remain in the same position for 2 decades and do one movie after the other...
    With the B5 crew that simply isn't possible unless you set the movie between 2250-2262).

Comment

I will absolutle not see TMOS if Galen is recast. Seeing that casting call for him seriously ruined my day.

http://www.andrewcardinale.com
      @acardi

Comment

I've said it before, but it bears repeating:
        Talking about boycotting TMoS at this stage might be shooting ourselves in the foot. Let's instead show our support for the movie and the original cast.

And consider that there are strong hints that Peter Woodward won't be available, which would be sad, but if JMS approves and choses a replacement it should be acceptable to the fans.
        Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
        James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

I found the following a few minutes ago over at the WB forum. Don't know if it has been posted here yet but here it is. Have a great day guys. I am off to work.

http://filmjerk.com/new//modules.php...ticle&sid=1130

((note: oh ya, and that guy from farscape is gonna be on stargate.

My Triumphant Return, and the Return of Babylon 5
          Written by 12-12-2004 by AmyLawrence

Amy's Casting Couch The Babylon 5 feature film begins shooting in April!
          My triumphant return!

What brings me back to FilmJerk.com? I'm totally geeking out over the feature film Babylon 5: Memory of Shadows. I've been a B5 fan since my pal Sam (Hi Sam!) turned me on to the show in Season 2. The last I'd heard is that JMS (the shows creator, J.Michael Straczynski) had put the project on hold after Richard Bigg's death. Biggs played Dr. Franklin, and died in May of 2004. Memory of Shadows is back on track now, and will begin filming in England next April with director Steven Beck.

The story follows Diane Baker, an Earthforce Intelligence Officer whose brother is killed in an explosion. She teams up with Techno-Mage Galen, previously played by Peter Woodward but whose part is being re-cast, to find the truth behind her brother's death. They discover that dark forces are unleashing ancient Shadow technology--technology that was supposed to be guarded by Galen--and the two uncover a huge conspiracy.

So far, the only original character participating is Elizabeth Lochley, played by Tracey Scoggins. She is still the commander of Babylon 5. She is friends with Diane. Part of the action takes place on B5, as the station is taken over by Earthforce Marines, including new lead character Colonel Joss Morgan.

Galen will battle childhood friend and Techno-Mage, Tyrell. Tyrell is sort of a mercenary, with an agenda of his own. Are you seeing Gandolf fighting Saruman in your head right now? You know you are. I can only imagine we'll see more original cast members on the station. Believe me, I'll keep you all posted. Damn, it's good to be back!
          Joan

Comment

An article I just found at IGN.com:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/573/573888p1.html

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
            X