Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galen played by an imposter! Forget TmoS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andoryu
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorManbot
    honestly don't have a problem with TC, per se.

What I have a a problem with is the apparent B5 "bigscreenmovieevent" Having really little or nothing to do with the core characters whatsoever.

It would be akin to making the first Star Trek Movie Based on Commander Will Decker, and interacting only with Nurse Chapel for about five minutes.

I realize these are all rumors and such, and would be HAPPY to eat my words with hot sauce.

But I have a bad feeling about this.

I remember when First Contact was being made there was a lot of noise about a Lt. Hawk. In t6he end he was a classic ST character in a red shirt. There was nothing to him except somebody to play a small role.

And when Crusade came out I wasn' disappointed that it wasn't the B5 cast. Well okay, i was, but I got over it! I think the possibilities are more exciting than you are giving it credit for.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Well, she was obviously replacing Ivanova and I'll admit that the whole marriage thing didn't do much for me but I loved her sparring with Garibaldi a whole lot!

Jan
    I have to admit, I was really underwhelmed by season 5. I don't think that's inherently a probelm with the season, but rather that it was always going to be anticlimactic after the major arcs were prematurely resolved in season 4. And as we all know, JMS can't really be held accountable for that.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    honestly don't have a problem with TC, per se.

What I have a a problem with is the apparent B5 "bigscreenmovieevent" Having really little or nothing to do with the core characters whatsoever.

It would be akin to making the first Star Trek Movie Based on Commander Will Decker, and interacting only with Nurse Chapel for about five minutes.

I realize these are all rumors and such, and would be HAPPY to eat my words with hot sauce.

But I have a bad feeling about this.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor
    I found the character intensely boring, personally. She was also too obviously shoe-horned in to fill the gap left by Ivanova's departure.
    Well, she was obviously replacing Ivanova and I'll admit that the whole marriage thing didn't do much for me but I loved her sparring with Garibaldi a whole lot!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Just out of curiosity, do you not like Tracy because she's not Claudia or for another reason? I liked the Lochley character a lot and the actress is a great person.

Jan
    I found the character intensely boring, personally. She was also too obviously shoe-horned in to fill the gap left by Ivanova's departure.

Leave a comment:

• Andoryu
    replied
    It seems like an awful small amount of info to go on to form any opinions. Tracy (whom I liked as a character) could only be there for a few minutes for all we know.

As of right now any number of possibilities could occur including script changes, contract problems, or something completely unforseen. Or the possibility as with Mr. Woodward that an actor has other obligations. Or perhaps things they might rather be doing.

I have every faith that JMS could handle such issues as well as he handled the complications that arose during the production of the series.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorManbot
    I can't begin to tell you how dissapointed I would be if this plot is actually the real plot . We'd get Tracy Scoggins in a big screen to -do?

Yippee.

Ill wait for the DVD.
    Just out of curiosity, do you not like Tracy because she's not Claudia or for another reason? I liked the Lochley character a lot and the actress is a great person.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    I can't begin to tell you how dissapointed I would be if this plot is actually the real plot . We'd get Tracy Scoggins in a big screen to -do?

Yippee.

Ill wait for the DVD.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Looking into the future consider this: boycotting TMoS will be shooting ourselves in the foot.
    If Peter Woodward is unavailable and JMS approves and selects his replacement (and lets us know that happened) we should trust him.

In the meantime we still have a chance to influence that rumored "re-cast" to become the re-casting of the original cast.

That's the current worry from the little unofficial information we have, that the recasting decision is being made against JMS's wishes. Let's concentrate on showing support for the movie and the original cast of B5 and Crusade now and worry about the rest later.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Please folks,

I know we're all wanting the latest reports and letting each other know that they're out there is great. Posting links instead of full articles is the correct thing to do, though, even if it's a short report. It respects copyright.

Thanks,
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    There are so many Techno-Mages,if Peter Woodward isn't available/don't want it,why then should JMS use Galen?

JMS is not stupid,lets give him a little credit

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    Also, if I was about to have Sir Attenborough direct my premier feature screenplay, I think I'd find any excuse I could to camp out on the set.
    Naaahhh, just because Sir Attenborough is almost something like a demigod it doesn't mean Peter needs to whorship him all day.

*sigh* life can be unfair.

Interestingly, how much room would you say this story leaves for the original cast of B5? I'd say bit-parts at most. If that's the case, why would recasting them be that important?
    I could think of some possibilities, but still you have a point here. If the characters aren't in you don't need to recast them. You don't need to cast them at all.

Tracy Scoggins seems to be in which is good news. We still don't know enough about that whole movie to tell for sure which characters will appear. Until then we should continue to write the letters. It might be in vain in the light of the recasting issue, but it's still a good thing to let WB and JMS know that the fans appreciate and support the project.
    Last edited by chaostaenzer; 12-14-2004, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Can anyone vouch for the veracity of filmjerk's reporter? I don't visit the site that much, so I'm unfamiliar with it's track record.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Re: Galen played by an imposter! Forget TmoS!!!

Originally posted by Michael Malloy
    something called "filmjerk.com"

They say Galen has been re-cast. Notice the use of past tense.
    The original article on filmjerk does not use the past tense:

The story follows Diane Baker, an Earthforce Intelligence Officer whose brother is killed in an explosion. She teams up with Techno-Mage Galen, previously played by Peter Woodward but whose part is being re-cast
    Rumours are going to start snowballing. It's important we get our facts right at this stage.

Here's the full report:

The Babylon 5 feature film begins shooting in April!
    My triumphant return!

What brings me back to FilmJerk.com? I'm totally geeking out over the feature film Babylon 5: Memory of Shadows. I've been a B5 fan since my pal Sam (Hi Sam!) turned me on to the show in Season 2. The last I'd heard is that JMS (the shows creator, J.Michael Straczynski) had put the project on hold after Richard Bigg's death. Biggs played Dr. Franklin, and died in May of 2004. Memory of Shadows is back on track now, and will begin filming in England next April with director Steven Beck.

The story follows Diane Baker, an Earthforce Intelligence Officer whose brother is killed in an explosion. She teams up with Techno-Mage Galen, previously played by Peter Woodward but whose part is being re-cast, to find the truth behind her brother's death. They discover that dark forces are unleashing ancient Shadow technology--technology that was supposed to be guarded by Galen--and the two uncover a huge conspiracy.

So far, the only original character participating is Elizabeth Lochley, played by Tracey Scoggins. She is still the commander of Babylon 5. She is friends with Diane. Part of the action takes place on B5, as the station is taken over by Earthforce Marines, including new lead character Colonel Joss Morgan.

Galen will battle childhood friend and Techno-Mage, Tyrell. Tyrell is sort of a mercenary, with an agenda of his own. Are you seeing Gandolf fighting Saruman in your head right now? You know you are. I can only imagine we'll see more original cast members on the station. Believe me, I'll keep you all posted. Damn, it's good to be back!
    Interestingly, how much room would you say this story leaves for the original cast of B5? I'd say bit-parts at most. If that's the case, why would recasting them be that important?
    Last edited by Doktor; 12-14-2004, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by chaostaenzer
    Yes, i heard about that one. But he wrote it...that doesn't mean he needs to be the whole time at set, or am i wrong?
    Don't know for sure, but he might have a part in it, too. Also, if I was about to have Sir Attenborough direct my premier feature screenplay, I think I'd find any excuse I could to camp out on the set. Wild horses and all that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X