Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galen played by an imposter! Forget TmoS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul
    replied
    Are they joking? They don't want to bring the original actors back fearing no one will recognize them as big screen names but decide to bring Tracy Scoggins onboard. What has she done lately. Bruce Boxleitner has been in a few tv movies. The late Richard Biggs was on NYPD Blue and Crossing Jordan. Gary Cole was on an episode of Hack.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Malloy
    replied
    Dear "Horrid Goblin",

Your comments are valid, but slightly off topic.

You described your experience with a NEW CHARACTER.

Many of the rest of us are steamed about the possibility of putting strangers into known character's parts. (And who give a rats a-- if the "strangers" are "famous Hollyweed" actors!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    Again, Ill say its not Tracey Scoggins that's the real issue. She did fine, given the situation she was thrust into. It the thought of a second tier character being the only one rumored to be on board for the "BIG " movie adaptation. That's troubling, at best.

Leave a comment:

• horrid goblin
    replied
    I remember having huge problems with tracy scoggins during it's first run, mostly cos I hated her character on lois and clarke and was the last person I wanted to see on my beloved B5 but on second viewing on DVD I didn't have a problem with her at all

Leave a comment:

• Michael Malloy
    replied
    This whole re-casting rumor (it is only rumor at this time, correct?) has generated a lot of postings regarding the TMoS movie and cast.

This entire internet episode could be a test marketing idea to show how much support there is for JMS's wordsmithing and for the characters we know as played by the actors we know.

It certainly has held my attention for the past several days, but not the way I would choose.

I cannot imagine anyone but Peter Woodward as Galen. If Peter is against playing the part again, or has a conflict from another job I think the character should not be played by someone else. I would think JMS would change the character rather than accept a substitute.

By all means, we should all POLITELY express our admiration for previous work and for the possibility of a feature film. Comments about possible re-casting should be written in a way that supports the original actors and JMS. Express your admiration for the "original source" actors! (I heard the term "orginal source" frequently in musicology studies. Professors love it when you cite an "original source.")

To say anything negative to WB at this time would probably do harm.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    Well, lets just hope then this entire percieved debacle is part of a greater design.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    LOL, i have never thought about it this way, but it makes some sense!

Wow, I hadn't ever realized that; that's pretty sweet!
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think JMS does anything by accident.

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    That said, the marriage thing DID do it for me because she was the warrior that John married. Then he married a worker. Then he wound up with a religious woman.
    Wow, I hadn't ever realized that either; that's pretty sweet!
    Last edited by vacantlook; 12-14-2004, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    That said, the marriage thing DID do it for me because she was the warrior that John married. Then he married a worker. Then he wound up with a religious woman.

Lochley(Scoggins) was really ok and i'd like to see her again.

And i have to say that i liked the 5th season much more when i watched it a second time. Though there is not much arc - action, its a season driven by character development and political agendas.

Luckily, i like both

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    I loved them both,for different reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Well, she was obviously replacing Ivanova and I'll admit that the whole marriage thing didn't do much for me but I loved her sparring with Garibaldi a whole lot!
    I think I will start out by saying that I didn't care for/bordering on disliked the Ivanova character. Nothing about her connected with me on any level. I liked Lochley a million times more than Ivanova. In Crusade, she is even greater in her scenes with Gideon.

Leave a comment:

• tlsmith1963
    replied
    I am not really a Lochley fan, but I did like Woodward as Galen. It would be a shame if Woodward didn't play Galen, but I will still see the film as long as they don't recast everyone. If they recast everyone, forget it. I won't support something like that.

Tammy

PS--I have written my letters, & they are being sent out.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Just out of curiosity, do you not like Tracy because she's not Claudia or for another reason? I liked the Lochley character a lot and the actress is a great person.
    She could play the girl friend but not the officer.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    If this was happening right after the series ended, the way Crusade did, I think I would have a more open mind.

But its been close to 6 years(?) , and I miss my Garabaldi, Delenn, Ivannova, etc. Like nobodies buisness.

I don't think anything less than that could satisfy me personally. Can it be good? Sure, it can. But its not what my heart's desire is, and Im sure Im not alone.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doktor
    I have to admit, I was really underwhelmed by season 5. I don't think that's inherently a probelm with the season, but rather that it was always going to be anticlimactic after the major arcs were prematurely resolved in season 4.
    Exactly. There was *so* much momentum in Seasons 3 and 4 that having to begin a season with few outstanding story threads made it seem to lag and gave the Byron thread too much emphasis. Still, I love the experimental episodes like 'Day of the Dead' and 'A View from the Gallery'.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X