No announcement yet.

Seeing Into the Fire 100th time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all are Kosh" was meant in a vague philosophical sense, since the Vorlons ain't wired like us.
    No matter how many times I read this, I never perceive it to say anything beyond, "it was a weird statement made for the sole sake of just being weird; there is no other explanation."

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
      No matter how many times I read this, I never perceive it to say anything beyond, "it was a weird statement made for the sole sake of just being weird; there is no other explanation."
      Agreed. It was a Koshism meant to sound weird and alien, like "the Hour of Scampering." It was not along the lines of "We have always been here" or "When the avalanch starts, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

If I remember correctly, and we have discussed this before on the forums, the techno-mage trilogy gives these names for B5's resident Vorlons:

Kosh Naranek

Kosh Ulkesh

In a JMS post, he told us their names are:

Kosh Naranek

Ulkesh Naranek

http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-301...=kosh%20ulkesh

I guess coming from JMS, the latter is true, but which gets more circulation, a JMS post or the books?

<<This is the only concrete evidence we have about Kosh's age.
        Judging from Context, Kosh is probably at least a Million years old.
        Plenty old enough, even though he's evidently not quite old enough for Lorien to know him personally.>>

I would have to disagree based on this:

http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-615...=kosh%20ulkesh
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I would have to disagree based on this:
          I had forgotten about that post.
          I was basing my comment on Lorien's saying to Sheridan:

"That was you?"

"Perhaps. We all have secrets and surprises. Did you know you have a Vorlon inside you? Well, a piece of one."

Sheridan & Lorien in Babylon 5:"Whatever Happened to Mr. Garibaldi?"
          without any indication that Lorien recognized Kosh.
          Of course, Lorien might have had his own reasons for withholding that little tidbit at that point...

Comment

Working...
          X