Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the origianal cast for me .

Comment

Heres a link to a site that can assist you in telling the suits how you feel about this.

http://207.234.193.168/

Comment

Will book mark and see what I can do.

Comment

Instead of continuing on with the Crusade story has anyone thought that it might be a Techno-mage story?

It's a thought.

I still want the B5/Crusade cast in TMoS though. with more emphasis on B5 as it is "Babylon 5 The Memory of Shadows" yes?
          Joan

Comment

Well, there IS that unfilmed Crusade script with Earthforce experimenting with Shadow Tech.

The one thing JMS has stated publicly is that he will NOT do "Walk Ons" in a movie script.
            He Will try to use as many of the actors as possible, but Story is the most important factor.

A Great Story will make MONEY.
            Warner listens when Money Talks.
            So, a great story that makes lots of lovely Money will make More B5 Movies much more likely.
            Which will give all the actors a chance to Star.

That was one of the great Weaknesses of the Dreck movies: Everyone got a scene, even if they didn't fit into the story.

Comment

In case the Production Weekly item turns out to be true, I noticed that the only character we're familiar with is Galen. I like Galen, but if that's the only character from Babylon 5/Crusade, I'm going to be vastly disappointed.
              At this early stage of the game I don't see any reason for worry. People are antsy, in my view, because there is scant official information on the theatrical movie and the unknown is always a bit scary, however, let us show some faith in JMS. Joe seems to be firmly at the helm of this project and as such I do not believe he will in anyway compromise his vision.

As for what I would like to see?

I think the character of "Galen" is an excellent choice and would add my vote (a shame this isn't a democracy) for Lennier. I say this because he strikes me as sort of a Toshiro Mifune/"Yojimbo" type of a character. A masterless samurai wandering the cosmo forevering seeking to redeem himself. A lot of possibilities there I think.
              Respectfully,
              Von Bruno
              [email protected]

Comment

I think we can all assume TMoS will be dealing with at least one major element of what was originally intended for Crusade; namely the remnants of the shadow tech.

A few interesting questions might be:

How will Galen be introduced to the film?

What role, if any, will the Excalibur play in TMoS?

Since Crusade was canceled, could this be jms's last chance to reveal the fate of the Excalibur? Or would this be too cumbersome an undertaking for a two hour long film and/or risk alienating those unaquanted with the show?

I think its highly unlikely we won't be seeing any of the B5 cast in TMoS (It's so obvious, its almost embarrassing). After all, the last B5 movie had both Galen and B5 cast members. We also know for a fact the movie had to be rewritten due to Rick Biggs death. I think its more of a question of just how much of Crusade will tie into TMoS.

As an aside, I don't believe there's any reason to buy into the rumer that the original cast is in danger of being replaced. Again, I'll point to the script being re-written on Rick Biggs behalf.

If this really were the case we definately would have been seeing some angry e-mail postings from jms. I mean, if was fuming when the WB edited out the TNT bashing sound bytes on the commentary, just imagine the kinds of things we'd be hearing if they replaced the whole freaking cast. Oo

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalReality
                  As an aside, I don't believe there's any reason to buy into the rumer that the original cast is in danger of being replaced. Again, I'll point to the script being re-written on Rick Biggs behalf.

If this really were the case we definately would have been seeing some angry e-mail postings from jms. I mean, if was fuming when the WB edited out the TNT bashing sound bytes on the commentary, just imagine the kinds of things we'd be hearing if they replaced the whole freaking cast. Oo
                  Yeah, well, except for the fact that JMS can't say anything about the movie. You know, it's possible that Warner Brothers got wind of the hints JMS was dropping, and told him to stop it.
                  Mac Breck (KoshN)
                  ------------------
                  Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                  JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                  Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Sample letters are now online!

I just wanted to let you all know that the domain is now working in the US and should be worldwide very soon if not already. Also I just added two form letters and a post card to the site for those who would like to copy and paste them. They are there only as suggested verbiage to better assist everyone. There is a link on the home page after the addresses section, that will take you to the new page and a link at the bottom to return you to the home page.

For those who do not know this little trick, let tell you how to refresh the page to view any changes. You can hold down the Control key and then click on the refresh button in your browser. This forces the page to be completely reloaded. Some folks have mentioned that they have not noticed any changes when they revisited the site. This is because the browsers save copies of the page so it will load faster when you return, unless you have set the browser not to do so.

Thanks Again for getting the word out! Together we CAN make a difference!

http://www.keepb5alive.com
                    or at http://207.234.193.168

Comment

Dysfunction,

I'm sure Joe will in some manner touch upon Capt. Gideon and the crew of the Excalibur along with their mission to save the Earth from that plague. It would actually only take one line of dialogue from Galen.

As to Galen's introduction, well, that too strikes me as a pretty easy circumstance to arrange. I mean he is a Techno-Mage and they seem to travel where they will with relative ease. In fact, Galen and the Techno-Mages always reminded me of Doctor Who and the Time-Lords.

I agree with you as to the movie's casting. I strongly doubt they would recast any roles and I do expect Bruce Boxleitner to have some significant role as President Sheridan.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
                      Respectfully,
                      Von Bruno
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN
                        Yeah, well, except for the fact that JMS can't say anything about the movie. You know, it's possible that Warner Brothers got wind of the hints JMS was dropping, and told him to stop it.
                        I really doubt it. The Internet can be such a positive and powerful PR outlet for a film that I can't see the wisdom in WB trying to stiffle it. I mean look at "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." Peter Jackson used the Internet to whip fans into a frenzy for years prior to the film's release.

If anything, I'd say TPTB are just using a different tact to hopefully achieve the same effect. Get folks clamoring for more info in order to create a buzz.
                        Respectfully,
                        Von Bruno
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bruno
                          If anything, I'd say TPTB are just using a different tact to hopefully achieve the same effect. Get folks clamoring for more info in order to create a buzz.
                          God, I so wish this was true.
                          But, honestly, I don't think so. And just in case, I'm sending the letters.
                          Bravery is simply apathy with delusions of grandeur (Emperor Mollari II)

Comment

The "Uh-Oh..." topic has a good explanation of why it's quite likely that JMS can't say anything about this (his hands are tied by the suits, but the fact that he has posted in the days surrounding the rumors and has not come out to deny this as he usually does is a reason for worry).

And I frankly don't mind if this was just done to creat a buzz... Babylon 5 is not such a famous property to market itself.
                            In fact I would be proud of having helped to create a buzz that helped TMoS become a success!
                            Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                            James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

As far as I've heard the movie will be called B5:TMoS, NOT Crusade:TMoS.

Remember : I have not read any B5-book so far. In the proper order I would love to see more of :

1. Londo(indispensible in my opinion)

2. G'Kar(can't do Londo properly without G'Kar and/or Vir)

3. Garibaldi(because he got more and more important than he already was towards the end of B5).

4. Lyta(just because... )

5. Sheridan(would be great for the continuation of the storyline/arc).

6. Marcus(fat chance of course but I think any movie like this one needs an undiluted hero)

Besides these characters any other veterans will do of course. And I would definitely introduce new characters who can then be developed during the length of the movie, so they can take over from the main cast if the movie is a success. Bruce, Peter and all the rest aren't getting any younger now, are they?

Just get me the original cast for at least one last time. :sigh:
                              "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

Working...
                              X