Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anders
    Which one is better Jan?
    Asking for everything and *getting* it, of course!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Isn't it better to ask for something, and then get everything? Usually in life, I settle for asking for something, and I always get more than I ask for, therefore my life is rich with positive surprises.

In this case though, I am asking for "everything", but will be delighted with anything JMS can come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
        In this case though, I am asking for "everything", but will be delighted with anything JMS can come up with.
        Paraphrasing a certain person with the initials S. I.:

Trust JMS, trust yourself. Anybody else...shoot em!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I would really like to see all of the cast of B5 in TMoS with John and Delenn heading it up. It would be nice to see Claudia in there somewhere. The only people from Crusade I would like to see are Gideon, Galen, and Derena.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
          Joan

Comment

I would like to see Peter Woodward return to his roll as Galen in the same time frame as Crusade. Galen was always disappearing and when he was asked where he was going, he replied back and forth across the earth and up and down.

Could this be a clue that he was also working with another beside Gideons crew to investigate the trickle down of shadow tech? Possible so and if this is so then pehaps it would be appropriate to see the Excaliber and Gideon who I hope will be portayed again by Gary Cole.

He has been in movies before and should merit his return to the Gideon roll. Also if I'm on the right track then Galen may already know where or how to cure the plague but dose not want to tip his hand until he tracks down the those who are using shadow tech.

He never seemed that concerned with whether the Excaliber found the cure or not but always seemed to have a hidden agenda. Once he discovers that Earth Force has been developing the tech then perhaps he would contact Gideon to call in the Alliance to stop them. At which point I want to see Bruce and Mira reprise their rolls.

Of coarse this is just a stab in the dark but it seems possible after hearing about the recent news about the proposed plot. I'm sure that others on the board have some possible senarios as well so please post them, It's always fun to speculate and discuss the possibilities.
            Last edited by SciFiRanger; 12-10-2004, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I voted other. I want all the original B5/Crusade/LotR cast members available pitted against nasty, malicious, vicious, cruel, horrible, malevolent, horrid, revolting, offensive, nauseating, mean, wicked characters played by big name stars.
              I had the dagger in my hand! And he has the indecency to start dying on his own.

Comment

Of course I want to see G'Kar in the new film - and I want to see Andreas playing him (these recast rumors are VERY disturbing!) - but I also want to see most of the original cast in it, too. I'd love to see Lyta and Lennier, but I think we'll only get them back if we get a Telepath War film.

Gotta have Galen, and I have a fondness for Gideon, as well.

And, from LotR:TLaDiS, I really liked the character of Dulann. I wouldn't mind seeing him again at all. Luckily, I think JMS really likes the actor (Alex Zahara) - he used him in "Jeremiah" - so I think that if he has the opportunity to cast him again ,he will.

But in case I haven't mentioned it loudly enough, I really, really, REALLY want to see G'Kar (played by Andreas, and no one else!) in the new film.

Amy

Comment

Alright! At least one Crusade character is in TMoS!!!

Galen ownz all!!!

W00t!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRanger
                    I would like to see Peter Woodward return to his roll as Galen in the same time frame as Crusade. Galen was always disappearing and when he was asked where he was going, he replied back and forth across the earth and up and down.

Could this be a clue that he was also working with another beside Gideons crew to investigate the trickle down of shadow tech?
                    Read "Legions of Fire" the Centauri Prime trilogy.
                    Mac Breck (KoshN)
                    ------------------
                    Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                    JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                    Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by babylon1122
                      The only people from Crusade I would like to see are Gideon, Galen, and Dureena.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                      Not Eilerson???!!!

Me, I want the entire main cast of Babylon 5 and Crusade (Yes, even Chambers and Trace.).
                      Mac Breck (KoshN)
                      ------------------
                      Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN
                        Not Eilerson???!!!

Me, I want the entire main cast of Babylon 5 and Crusade (Yes, even Chambers and Trace.).
                        I will accept the concept of chambers and trace, as baggage to be thrown overboard in the storm!

But I think max by far the most interesting charactor of crusade, barring Gideon and Galen. He really did have decisions to make. Dureena was more transparent, and so less interesting to me.
                        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

My $.02

I think that there would have to be some kind of presence from the original cast, of both Babylon 5 and Crusade, to establish the connection with the rest of the universe. That said, unless they are going to merely use the movie(s) to continue the Crusade story, I belive they should move in a different direction, with mostly new characters.

Yes, have appearances by Sheridan, Garibaldi, Delenn, Galen and G'Kar. But use them primarily to ground the movie into the universe. Let other stories be told, weaving in the grounding to the rest. Let the story lines branch, and weave back together as necessary. If one mind can change the universe, show how other minds change their parts, too.
                          "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

Hey all! New to the board.

Okay, my opinion on who should make up the cast of TMoS. I chose a mixture of Babylon 5 and Crusade cast members. I think that would be for the best. Something has to off-set the death of Biggs.

I hope they bring back Jerry Doyle as Michael Garibaldi!

With Respect,

Tibbetts
                            Admiral Tibbetts' Sci-Fi Board. <=== First try at creating a board. Feel free to check it out if ya want.

"I'm a man-
                            But I can change-
                            If I have to-
                            ... I guess." - Man's Prayer

"only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

Comment

Re: My $.02

Originally posted by SpooRancher
                              I think that there would have to be some kind of presence from the original cast, of both Babylon 5 and Crusade, to establish the connection with the rest of the universe. That said, unless they are going to merely use the movie(s) to continue the Crusade story, I belive they should move in a different direction, with mostly new characters.

Yes, have appearances by Sheridan, Garibaldi, Delenn, Galen and G'Kar. But use them primarily to ground the movie into the universe. Let other stories be told, weaving in the grounding to the rest. Let the story lines branch, and weave back together as necessary. If one mind can change the universe, show how other minds change their parts, too.
                              I disagree. If it's going to continue the Crusade storyline, it should include most if not all of the Crusade cast, some B5 characters as needed, and some new characters. "Mostly new characters" is definitely the wrong way to go, if they're going to continue the Crusade storyline.

One of B5:Legend of the Rangers greatest weaknesses was its weak connections to the B5 universe. One of Crusade's greatest strengths was its stronger connection to the B5 universe. Because of that, B5:LotR felt like a show written by somebody else, not JMS. It felt like something re-imagined by somebody else. Felt "foreign."

OTOH, Crusade felt much more familiar. Whitestars and Rangers were showing up, and the Rangers were not lock-step, rigid rule following "We Do Not Retreat For ANY Reason." Rangers of B5:LotR. Just look at the one in "The Needs of Earth." He was bending the rules. EA Omegas were showing up. Even a EA Warlock destroyer was seen. Lots of Earthforce personel were seen (The Long Road, The Path of Sorrows, Patterns of the Soul, Ruling from the Tomb, The Rules of the Game, Racing the Night, & Each Night I Dream of Home).

Also, in Crusade, Babylon 5 was seen both inside and outside, including some close-up obliques with the Excalibur, and B5 usually didn't "look" 2D (exception: when returning Capt. Lochley to B5 at the end of Each Night I Dream of Home).

Overall, Crusade had a much better, connected-to-the B5-Universe feel to it. B5:TMoS will NEED that in spades.
                              Mac Breck (KoshN)
                              ------------------
                              Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

For the first movie, there should be a B5/Crusade mix of characters. I say bring on as many as we can (as long as they fit in the story). A couple of new characters like that Diane Baker can be played by "names", for publicity purposes.
                                Then, in a possible sequel, we should focus on some of the original characters. Their pressence already established for the newcomers (for example Garibaldi, Lyta, Sheridan). Some of the "names" from the first movie could be in it. Or maybe new ones could come aboard.
                                Then, in a third one, others (Ivanova, G'kar...)

But that's provided the movie is a success AND they use the original actors.
                                Bravery is simply apathy with delusions of grandeur (Emperor Mollari II)

Comment

Working...
                                X