Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakana
    replied
    JMS has stated publicly (I've both heard and read him say it) that, in his opinion, any B5 Movies are where the actors get the payoff they deserve for the fine work they did creating the TV show.

IOW, the Movies will be a Big paycheck for the actors and JMS believes that every one of them deserves it.

So, he'll write the story (ies) that will give them that reward.

But, he also said that each actor's participation in any movie Must be driven by the Story.
    Because, the Better the story, the better the movie does at the Box Office.
    And, the Better the movie does, the greater the chances Warner will make More Movies.
    Where, sooner or later, everyone gets a reward.

So, JMS will do his best for the Actors because they are his friends and he is Very Loyal to his friends.

What Warner will do is, of course, try to screw over everyone.
    It's a Hollyweird Tradition.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Beck's Ghost Ship doesn't look or feel terrible, but the story is not very good. With JMS on board, it might be a very good partnership, let's hope so if this is true.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Sci-Fi.com's Sci-Fi Wire has the B5 news up today.

Leave a comment:

• Andoryu
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    What if they were to feature President Sheridan played by some other actor?

Jan

Seems to me that from a financial perspective it would be somewhat easier to get folks like Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christensen, and Jerry Doyle to come on board than it would to find new actors to redefine the roles.
    Also since it appeared that R. Biggs was slated to appear, I would imagine that many of the main cast will appear. Especially since the dvd's just did so well on the merits of those actors.

The real shame would be if Corwin isn't in it. But since I think we will at least have a shot or two of the station maybe he will show up!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by DDC2000
    As some have already said, a new character could be used to introduce newbies to the B5 world, aanchoring the story as it progressed, allowing the other established characters to jump in and out of the storyline.
    Yes, the new character would facilitate the necessary exposition.

I can't help thinking of what Pat Tallman said at a convention earlier in the year. In effect, she said she thought there'd likely be a Sheridan or a Delenn but the rest would be Hollywood twenty-somethings. I can't express how much I'd hate that.

So, has anyone posted to the moderated groups to try to get a response from JMS.

Even a Vorlon "perhaps" answer would help.
    Oh, believe me, there are plenty of posts asking. No responses, Vorlon or otherwise so far. Though he has been active in a couple of other threads as you can see.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• DDC2000
    replied
    All the *news* articles quote just the one source so far. "Not good" says Zathras.

As some have already said, a new character could be used to introduce newbies to the B5 world, aanchoring the story as it progressed, allowing the other established characters to jump in and out of the storyline.

So, has anyone posted to the moderated groups to try to get a response from JMS.

Even a Vorlon "perhaps" answer would help.

arrrgggghhhhh....

Leave a comment:

• Sigma
    replied
    I can't see any reason why B5 movie would have to feature most original cast members.

Yes, minimum 1 or 2 are needed to connect it with other parts, but not more. And yes, i agree that it would be nice if 3-4 old character are in the movie but i can understand it if Galen is only old character. But i belive Galen is not the only one.

Sheridan and Delenn are in Minbari; Garibaldi in Mars; Londo in Centauri; G'Kar and Lyta wondering around galaxy; Zack and Lochley in B5; Ivanova god knows where. You just can't force them to reunite. At most you can have 3-4 like in A Call to Arms.

I hope TMoS has Sheridan, Londo and G'Kar. And maybe Ivanova. More would be too much.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Wow, I didn't even see this thread until now. Fantastic news, I hope it's all true!

Leave a comment:

• mike_9000
    replied
    We don't know for sure if the 'news' is correct, or if the plot synopsis is accurate, but it makes sense to me. You can't rely on the fans to make such this film a financial success - there are simply not enough of us.

Remember: B5 was always a minority interest, & the series finished a long time ago. Crusade was strangled at birth, & LOTHR stillborn. Also, there is not enough time in a film to tell too complex a tale.

I would expect the straightforward plot is designed to hold the interest of newcomers. The central character has to prevent scary tech from falling into wrong hands (& incidentally find out how her brother died). She will do this in alliance with an odd, charismatic character (Galen) who no-one knows whether or not to trust until the end, & there are many opportunities for cool SFX.

At the same time, the loose ends left handing by Crusade can be taken care of, & satisfy the hardcore fans.

Most of the regular characters are likely to serve as background, giving the sense that all this takes place in a complex universe without...well... getting too much to do.

If the film is a success, a sufficient number of people will take an interest in other B5 material, resulting in new TV showings, DVD sales, perhaps even another films &/or new TV.

In other words, don't expect more of what has gone before. This is a second chance to get the project rolling again (after LOTHR failed) . At this stage, it can't afford to be weighed down with too much B5 'history'.

JMS is ging to have a strike a delicate balance between bringing in new fans & keeping the old ones happy.

Well... if anyone can...

Leave a comment:

• jahkneebee
    replied
    The B5 Universe is vast.

If the Great Maker sees fit to give us a wonderful story from another corner, with minimal B5, Crusade, and Legend characters, then that is what we will get.

We will kick and scream. We will lament. We will curse.

We will go see it with millions of non-B5 fans, anyway.

As always, we are talking JMS here.

We will enjoy it: grudgingly, amazedly, enthusiastically. Probably in that order.

We will keep our fingers crossed for spin-offs with our favorite characters if they are missed.

We will read new novels that will be written.

This is the worst case scenario. It ain't too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorManbot
    Sorry to be the voice of "Oh, God, NOOO!!" , but this does not sit well with me.

No mention of the old favorites, the ones we've been salivating for 6 freaking years to see?
    I noticed that same lack of mention, DM, and don't like it even the slightest. What if they were to feature President Sheridan played by some other actor?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    replied
    ah yes but it could be a red herring....

Leave a comment:

• DoctorManbot
    replied
    Sorry to be the voice of "Oh, God, NOOO!!" , but this does not sit well with me.

No mention of the old favorites, the ones we've been salivating for 6 freaking years to see?

I know its just a blurb on another site, without any real details ,but ... I've got a bad feeling about this. I want to see the Cast. Whether from the original series , or part of ensemble with peeps from Crusade. There's PLENTY of talent there to make a good flick without alienating newcomers.

Again, I know, I know, just one blurb, but...

I fear This Baker woman is going down as the Will Decker from Star Trek one if she's the official star of the flick.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    You know, even the name Diane Baker might not say anything about how she might look like, remember John Matheson (and I have personally met an Asian woman with a completely anglic name).

So who knows, she could be played by a Latin, or an Asian, or an Indian, or a black woman, maybe even by a caucasian with a "foreign" accent!

It doesn't matter, as long as she looks good enough for movie standards (which don't matter much to me, but matter to Hollywood) and, most importantly, acts well and likes the project.

SciFi.com's SciFiWire news has also picked the rumor from Production Weekly, like others I'd also like to have a second confirming source to think this is official now.

But even without it being an official confirmation I think it's great news and is becoming good exposure.

Funny coincidence in the timing with Crusade's DVD release... maybe it's an "official" information leak?

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    <<As for black girls that look good with blond hair they are rare.>>

Whoa, baby...

http://www.hitfm.at/Upload/News/6800_Beyonce%202.jpg
    Hmm YES.

She can sing and dance but can Beyonce act?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X