No announcement yet.

On ComingSoon.net...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see any reason why B5 movie would have to feature most original cast members.

Yes, minimum 1 or 2 are needed to connect it with other parts, but not more. And yes, i agree that it would be nice if 3-4 old character are in the movie but i can understand it if Galen is only old character. But i belive Galen is not the only one.

Sheridan and Delenn are in Minbari; Garibaldi in Mars; Londo in Centauri; G'Kar and Lyta wondering around galaxy; Zack and Lochley in B5; Ivanova god knows where. You just can't force them to reunite. At most you can have 3-4 like in A Call to Arms.

I hope TMoS has Sheridan, Londo and G'Kar. And maybe Ivanova. More would be too much.

Comment

All the *news* articles quote just the one source so far. "Not good" says Zathras.

As some have already said, a new character could be used to introduce newbies to the B5 world, aanchoring the story as it progressed, allowing the other established characters to jump in and out of the storyline.

So, has anyone posted to the moderated groups to try to get a response from JMS.

Even a Vorlon "perhaps" answer would help.

arrrgggghhhhh....
      Visitor from another time-space-distortion-anomaly...

Comment

Originally posted by DDC2000
        As some have already said, a new character could be used to introduce newbies to the B5 world, aanchoring the story as it progressed, allowing the other established characters to jump in and out of the storyline.
        Yes, the new character would facilitate the necessary exposition.

I can't help thinking of what Pat Tallman said at a convention earlier in the year. In effect, she said she thought there'd likely be a Sheridan or a Delenn but the rest would be Hollywood twenty-somethings. I can't express how much I'd hate that.

So, has anyone posted to the moderated groups to try to get a response from JMS.

Even a Vorlon "perhaps" answer would help.
        Oh, believe me, there are plenty of posts asking. No responses, Vorlon or otherwise so far. Though he has been active in a couple of other threads as you can see.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          What if they were to feature President Sheridan played by some other actor?

Jan

Seems to me that from a financial perspective it would be somewhat easier to get folks like Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christensen, and Jerry Doyle to come on board than it would to find new actors to redefine the roles.
          Also since it appeared that R. Biggs was slated to appear, I would imagine that many of the main cast will appear. Especially since the dvd's just did so well on the merits of those actors.

The real shame would be if Corwin isn't in it. But since I think we will at least have a shot or two of the station maybe he will show up!

Comment

Sci-Fi.com's Sci-Fi Wire has the B5 news up today.
            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Beck's Ghost Ship doesn't look or feel terrible, but the story is not very good. With JMS on board, it might be a very good partnership, let's hope so if this is true.

Comment

JMS has stated publicly (I've both heard and read him say it) that, in his opinion, any B5 Movies are where the actors get the payoff they deserve for the fine work they did creating the TV show.

IOW, the Movies will be a Big paycheck for the actors and JMS believes that every one of them deserves it.

So, he'll write the story (ies) that will give them that reward.

But, he also said that each actor's participation in any movie Must be driven by the Story.
                Because, the Better the story, the better the movie does at the Box Office.
                And, the Better the movie does, the greater the chances Warner will make More Movies.
                Where, sooner or later, everyone gets a reward.

So, JMS will do his best for the Actors because they are his friends and he is Very Loyal to his friends.

What Warner will do is, of course, try to screw over everyone.
                It's a Hollyweird Tradition.

Comment

Working...
                X