On ComingSoon.net...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan
    Don't count on it too heavily, Ranger. The Shadows went beyond the Rim. A lot of their technology remains, though and we saw from the unfilmed Crusade scripts that somebody wanted to develop it.

Jan
    There's always hope

Besides,i think it will be a bit odd to see a Babylon 5 motion picture movie and its called The Memory of Shadows and not to see a single Shadow vessel.

Remember,not only B5 fans will go to see this movie.
    Last edited by Ranger1; 12-08-2004, 11:07 AM.
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1
      There's always hope
      I'll keep my fingers crossed on you behalf for some really great, meaty flashback sequences.
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
        I'll keep my fingers crossed on you behalf for some really great, meaty flashback sequences.
        Have you seen 'Racing the Night' on the Crusade DVDs yet? There's a shot of the little Shadow ships that's truly creepy. Be interesting to see what they could do with current effects.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1
          Remember,not only B5 fans will go to see this movie.
          Very true. Which means a certain amount of exposition and history.

Oh, I do hope this turns out to be legit!

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Oh hell yes! ive been waiting for this news for awhile, it just made my day
            There is a greater darkness than the one we fight, its is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way.

Comment

These are indeed great news!

I've finished all that jumping, shouting and being exceptionally happy stuff (just for now)and try to bother my fellow forum members with the following question:

Who is Steven Beck?

Back to jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                Have you seen 'Racing the Night' on the Crusade DVDs yet? There's a shot of the little Shadow ships that's truly creepy. Be interesting to see what they could do with current effects.
                Shadow Fighters spreading the plague?...yeah. That must have been the Shadow's delivery system for the plague.

Speaking of shadowtech shots in Crusade, how about the shot in "Patterns of the Soul"...the flashback of Dureena's people getting to the escape pods, and the Shadow Fighters with slicer beams taking out a lot of the pods? Who knew the fighters had beam capability? Battlecrabs certainly do, and the Shadow Scout/Recon. ships have a weaker looking beam effect ("Shadow Dancing"), but prior to "Patterns of the Soul," Shadow Fighters have only been seen in "spitfire" mode (See "Revelations" - the beginning, when G'Kar and his two wingmen were trying to escape a few Shadow Fighters.).

Come to think of it, the beam used by the Shadow Fighters in "Patterns of the Soul," looks a lot like the beam used by the Shadow-Hybrid ship that destroyed the Cerberus. The beam looked kinda ragged, not as polished and coherent as the Battlecrab version.
                Mac Breck (KoshN)
                ------------------
                Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

I won't get excited about it till I see the name on the marquee and have my ticket in my hand.

To many flicks die in pre production, and some even die in post production.

There are multi million dollar movies sitting in film cans right now on dusty shelves in Hollywood that may never be released.

As for the movie....remember the farse of the original Star Trek movie ? First it was going to be a T.V. show, Star Trek 2 I think, then the new T.V. network which was to run it "didn't happen", then it took them a couple of years to make one trully regretable and forgetable motion picture.

Can you think of any Television Series that have been made into good movies ? As good as the original series that is ? For some reason I can't recall many at the moment, sure there's dozens of them to choose from - but were any of them really worth the effort to make, ( besides the "quick buck" profit motive that is , ) ?

Any film has to stand alone on it's own merrits, it's legacy from it's Television past cannot be assumed by it's theatrical audience. Star Trek could count on some "caryover", so could a movie like the Beverly Hillbillies, ( at least to a North American audience ), B 5 was a CABLE show to most people - or at best a VHF thing sandwiched between Mayberry RFD and Green Acres....you can't count on most people knowing what the "product" is beforhand, and know what the heck is going on.

My point is this, longtime fans of the T.V. product are sure to be somewhat disapointed by the movie, newcommers to the franchise will judge the film on it's own merrits....and that takes some doing in this media saturated world of ours to pull off.

It can be done, Starsky & Hutch captured the flavor of the original series and amused newcommers to some extent, while S.T.T.M.P. left both fans and newcommers totally nonplussed with the whole affair.

If it wasn't for the rabidity of the "Sci-Fi" fans I woudn't give the B 5 movie a chance in the marketplace right now, but then again, this formula worked for those lame S.T.T.N.G. movies so perhaps a B 5 movie has a chance.

It's worth a shot, certainly it can recoop most of it's expense in marketing tie-ins and by repeated viewings by it's cult audience...it will get some of those unsold DVD's out of the warehouse at any rate I expect...who knows, Taco Bell may even do some drink cups with advertising on them....anything is possible nowdays isn't it ?

Yeah, I WANT a B 5 movie, in the worst way.....I'd even take a suck movie and then I'd buy the DVD to boot, I'm sold allready - no further hype needed, but I'm not going to start counting my lucky stars untill the darned thing in the can and the trailers start playing in the theater....there's no point in becoming too thrilled with anything at this stage of the game.

And so it goes..........
                  Nightwatch dog

Comment

Umm, didn't I say something the other day about Galen being the primary actor in Crusade? His absence in so many episodes made his reappearances all the more fun.

So, the question now is "Who is this Diane Baker" and who will play the part?

TMoTS should have been a wide open hint to people who have read "The Passing of the Technomages" since the Technomages use Shadow tech! You could say, they are "hot wired".
                    Michael Malloy

Never forget:

Moscow; Beslan 2004
                    Kosovo: 1999, 2004
                    New York City: September 11, 2001
                    Smyrna: September 9, 1922

http://www.hri.org/docs/Horton/hb-title.html
                    Armenian Genocide in Turkey: 1915-1917
                    http://www.armenian-genocide.org/

Comment

If the sources that have released this tantilizing bit of info are correct, I would venture a guess that JMS will ring in on it soon enough. Perhaps as one member stated, his hands will be untied or at least loosened and then we'll get more details on the show and this new character.

Very exciting news if it's true, if not someone spent design time just to rattle our chains? Kind of doubtful in my opinion that two different sites would post the news on the same day if there were no validity to the project. It's also nice to hear that by their accounts this one is not going straight to DVD. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Rumors until official announcement.

Until there's an official announcement or confirmation from WB or JMS, I have to take this as a *rumor* or as JMS says in so many words: "jumped-up-fan-boy-gossip".

Really. Some rag called "Production Weekly" *breaks* the news?

If they're right, fine. But remember that stuff that gets put on The Drudge Report? Anybody remember Azzam The American? Who disappeared rather fast after Osammy came out with his latest video?

Visitor from another time-space-distortion-anomaly...

Comment

Anybody know anything about Production Weekly
                          Well....website has been registered since 1999, registration information updated in October of this year...Seems to be recognized as a genuine source for T.V. and feature film production info. People are referring to it in blogs and forums. Some of the major search engines are using it as a reference....and the clincher, it has an annual subscription rate of $550.00.....Looks real...

Nothing from WB....

The infamous rat brain in a dish...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cruiser; 12-08-2004, 09:09 PM.
                          I had the dagger in my hand! And he has the indecency to start dying on his own.

Comment

Who should play Diane Baker?

Originally posted by Michael Malloy
                            So, the question now is "Who is this Diane Baker" and who will play the part?
                            Who DO you think should play Diane Baker?

For some reason, the name Baker rings English to me (as opposed to American, Australian or whatever), so my guess goes to: Sarah Alexander from Coupling.

/IamS
                            Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
                            http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

<<For some reason, the name Baker rings English to me (as opposed to American, Australian or whatever), so my guess goes to: Sarah Alexander from Coupling>>

You're right. Baker is an English name. I don't mean British. I mean the language English. Baker is an occupational name, like Taylor, Smith, etc. Also, it IS a British name. And early Americans and Australians were from...Britain.

On this news...would you believe that I JUST learned about it? I guess I didn't notice it on the forum until now. I have to pull out one of my favorite lines in film history for this:

"I'm sure no one will disagree when I say that this is...great news."
                              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

personally I'm happy to see the return of Galen character which is still my favorite part of Crusade. Also the Techomage novels have also helped to increase my love of the character.

But like so many others I will Wait for JMS or WB before I start jumping up and down.
                                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Working...
                                X