X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 3 stories for the Amazing Stories magazine

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countr...guide/109.html

JMS said there:
    "I'm writing 3 B5 short stories for Amazing Stories magazine; the first is a Londo (shortly after he became emperor) story; also doing a G'Kar/Lyta story, and a B5-setting story, all following these characters after the events of "Objects at Rest.""

Are these stories available on the web? Any other place?

Has Lyta's fate been told anywhere?

Re: The 3 stories for the Amazing Stories magazine

Originally posted by elver

Yes.

Check your PM.

Comment

Re: The 3 stories for the Amazing Stories magazine

[JMS said there:
      "I'm writing 3 B5 short stories for Amazing Stories magazine; the first is a Londo (shortly after he became emperor) story; also doing a G'Kar/Lyta story, and a B5-setting story, all following these characters after the events of "Objects at Rest.""

Are these stories available on the web? Any other place?

Not on the web for free that I know of. You can buy them, though:

http://www.paizo.com/amazing/products/issues

The issues you want are 597, 599 and 602. The stories feature Londo as emperor, a Lyta/G'Kar story and the fate of Marcus.

As for Lyta's final fate...yes/no/kinda/maybe. Sorry to be vague but while something's been written, it's never been shown so it's not canon. What happened was that Lyta was supposed to appear in the Crusade episode The Path of Sorrows. For whatever reason, an agreement couldn't be struck so the script had to be revised. Even so, what happened wasn't absolutely stated, just inferred.

What was stated, though, in the Crusade Bible was that Lyta <SPOILER-highlight to see better>

died during the Telepath crisis.
      </SPOILER>

Hope this helps,
      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Hey Jan!

Just curious, does the Londo story track with the Centauri novels?

Thanks!
        "Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another. It changed the future, and it changed us..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot
          Just curious, does the Londo story track with the Centauri novels?
          It's just a day or so very early in his reign, Bloodshot. It's Londo at his scheming best, though, despite the keeper.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

After reading the Marcus story... Uh... I'm not sure whether what he did was romantic or simply very... insane.

Well, at least one can hope that he lost his virginity.

Comment

I love Marcus, and I love Ivanova, but I don't think I quite like the short story of them.

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
                I love Marcus, and I love Ivanova, but I don't think I quite like the short story of them.
                That's a fairly common reaction. JMS knew it would be controversial (a toadstrangler, he said) when he wrote it but so many people wanted to know what Marcus' final fate was.... He can be a stinker at times

Jan

Comment

Re: Re: The 3 stories for the Amazing Stories magazine

The issues you want are 597, 599 and 602. The stories feature Londo as emperor, a Lyta/G'Kar story and the fate of Marcus.
                  Actually, the story JMS was referring to in that statement was "Hidden Agendas". The publication of "Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic" came a bit later, IIRC.
                  Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

I found all three stories on the web you just have to look for them.

Comment

Legal copies?

Personally I can't understand why JMS wouldn't want to release some short stories for free on the net a year or so after publishing.

No, he doesn't "owe" us anything and no, he doesn't have to do it because he's too rich. It'd just be a nice gesture. He can keep all rights to it, just publish it on the net for free.

Comment

Legal copies?
                        They better be,otherwise don't talk about it here
                        Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

I think JMS is or at least was thinking about publishing all the B5 short stories in one book.
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

There are 6 B5 short stories that I know of:

3 by JMS in Amazing
                            1 by JMS in B5 Magazine
                            1 by Fiona Avery in B5 Magazine
                            1 by J. Gregory Keyes in B5 Magazine

I read somewhere that JMS mentioned publishing them in a collection to Dell-Rey, but nothing came of it.

Here, I found this site:

http://abyss.hubbe.net/b5/books/stories.html
                            http://www.andrewcardinale.com
                            @acardi

Comment

JMS has already experimented with putting stuff on the web for FREE.

The unfilmed Crusade scripts were up for a while.

All JMS asked was that people NOT Copy them.
                              You could log on to the site and read them as many times as you wanted.
                              And tell your friends to go do the same.

The web site was set up in such a way that the text couldn't be printed.
                              In spite of this and JMS very specific request, people spent the time to Retype the scripts and dealers were found selling them at Cons.

Which is why JMS pulled the site and is unlikely to ever do anything of that nature again.

The Thieves spoiled it for everyone.
                              Last edited by bakana; 12-11-2004, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X