Richard Biggs Memorial Show March 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Biggs Memorial Show March 2005

Some of you may have been hearing rumors of a small fundraising convention to benefit Rick Biggs' family. I just got word from Lori (Rick's wife) that it's definitely on. She sent me a flyer (.jpg file) in case anybody would like me to email it to them, but this is the information I transcribed from it. GREAT guest list!

--------------------begin--------------------

Richard Biggs Memorial Show
    Saturday March 19, 2005

Beverly Garland Hotel
    4222 Vineland Ave.
    N. Hollywood, CA 91602

10am to 12pm
    Celebrity
    Buffet Breakfast
    (Including made-to-order omelets)

1pm to 4pm
    Autograph* Signings

Guests attending Breakfast & Afternoon:

Matthew Ashford (Days of Our Lives)
    Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5, TRON)
    Ricardo Antonio Chavira (Desperate Housewives)
    Jerry Doyle (Babylon 5)
    Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost)
    Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie)
    Lisa Howard (Earth Final Conflict, Highlander
    Michael T. Weiss (The Pretender)

Afternoon Only:
    Andreas Katsulas (Babylon 5, Star Trek)

All Proceeds to the family of Richard Biggs

To purchase tickets:

Pay $100 for each breakfast ticket $25 for each afternoon autograph
    session.
    If both events are purchased the total cost is reduced to $115, a $10
    savings
    Visit PayPal and enter email address [email protected] aol.com

When paying be sure to enter email address so that we can send the
    ticket back.

Or Mail Checks to: Richard Biggs Memorial Show
    1052 W. Alameda Avenue #350; Burbank, CA 91506

* Celebrities appear subject to work commitments. A charge will be
    made for autographs. ALL proceeds to the family of Richard Biggs.

------------------------end------------------------

By the way, March 18 would have been Rick's 45th birthday.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

That's too steep a price for a short, one-shot event. I hope a lot of people attend, though. We are all doing our part with the auction and such, so I don't feel guilty for passing on this one.

Plus, ME in Hollywood? That just isn't right.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Shame it's such a long way away. If I'd live anywhere in the States I'd be there.
      "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

I just got an updated flyer for this event from Lori Biggs. Looks like a *lot* more folks are signing on from B5 and other shows. The flyer can be seen at:

http://www.isnnews.net/

Here's the list of attendees to date:

Guests attending Breakfast & Afternoon:
        Matthew Ashford (Days of Our Lives)
        Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5, TRON)
        Ricardo Antonio Chavira (Desperate Housewives)
        Jerry Doyle (Babylon 5)
        Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost)
        Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie)
        Lisa Howard (Earth Final Conflict, Highlander)
        Stephen Nichols (Days of our Lives)
        Melinda Clark (The OC/Days of our Lives)
        Rick Hearst (General Hospital)
        George Jenesky (Days of our Lives)
        Appearing at the afternoon signing - 12:30 to 4:00pm:
        Babylon 5 cast members: Andreas Katsulas, Pat Tallman, Bill Mumy, Jason Carter, Ed Wasser, Stephen Austin, Bruce Boxleitner, Jerry Doyle, Melissa Gilbert, Julie Caitlin Brown, Tracy Scoggins
        Matthew Ashford (Days of our Lives)
        Lisa Howard (Earth Final Conflict, Highlander)

Lori sends her thanks to everybody who contributed goods or money or who bought chances in the raffle. The fans have contributed $4550.00 to Ricks family. Talk about making a difference!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Is there any news yet on how much each autograph will cost?
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar
            Is there any news yet on how much each autograph will cost?
            Not that I've heard so far. Possibly it'll be set by the actor as it often is. If I hear anything I'll pass it on.

Jan

Comment

Man ... Everybody going is really lucky .. I would love to meet Melinda Clarke ... She is, after all, a goddess. (well, she was one on Xena....)

And the others are cool, too.
              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Too bad Walter Koenig isn't attending too as his presence could attract a decent Trek contingent as well (the more the merrier for this event, right?). I know he lives very near that hotel. I used to live about 5 minutes from that hotel and I had run into Walter in area businesses and the post office there in North Hollywood.

I am disappointed that I have a prior commitment that day and won't be able to go - especially since I currently live about a 1/2 hour drive from the location.

That said, the guest list is very strong and those who attend won't be disappointed.

Regards,

KaCHING64
                "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other peoples needs. Very sad life. Probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

Comment

I'm sad I won't be going, too. But as others have said, it's a steep price for a short, one-day event! I wonder if it wouldn't have attracted more attention and sold more tickets if instead they'd done it as a banquet at a con...? That's how I would have done it if I were in charge. Nonetheless, I do hope it brings in a lot of bucks for the kids' education fund.

I might have tried to scrape up the $$$ to attend if I didn't have other stuff in the way, but I'm having surgery on my arm next week, and there's no telling what shape I'll be in six or seven weeks later. Crowds are never a good thing after this kind of surgery, because getting bumped is _right out_ (and I speak from personal experience because I've already had it done on the other arm!).

So Jan, have enough fun for _all_ of us, okay? And remember, you have to spend a good chunk of that three-and-a-half hour afternoon session gazing at Andreas for me. Of course I'd do it myself if I were going.

Amy

Comment

Originally posted by AislingGrey
                    So Jan, have enough fun for _all_ of us, okay? And remember, you have to spend a good chunk of that three-and-a-half hour afternoon session gazing at Andreas for me. Of course I'd do it myself if I were going.
                    <deep sigh> Well, I'll certainly do my best, Amy. I do hope I'm allowed to listen to him talk? I adore his voice if his Andreas voice is anything like his G'Kar voice. Ah, the sacrifices I make for my friends....<g>

Jan

Comment

Allowed? Yes, certainly. I'm not the jealous type.

And, he does sound a bit like G'Kar, but also surprisingly _not_. It's that midwestern accent, which he did not seem to lose through all of his world travels and living in Paris for years, etc. etc. Now, me, I happily dropped my Long-Islandese at the first opportunity! Although in my case, classical voice teachers beat it out of me. I'm surprised he didn't lose it as a matter of course through all those years of working on the stage. It's rather endearing, IMHO.

Amy

Comment

Is a UK equivalent completely out of the question - or do we need to wait until the actors cross the pond to film TMOS (hopefully!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
                          Is a UK equivalent completely out of the question - or do we need to wait until the actors cross the pond to film TMOS (hopefully!)?
                          I don't know, truly. It might depend on how well this one goes. And yes, I'm sure that it would need to be while the actors are over there anyway. Next time I hear from Lori Biggs, I'll be sure to mention it, though.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                          X