What Do You Want? Why Are You Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spirit
    And I speak here because those who saw B5 - understand me better.
    An excellent point. That part of me which is here would very much miss that part of the rest of you that is also here.

Other than that, I have no real purpose in coming here. The rest of the B5 saga will, or won't, play out acording to the great maker's designs, no matter what we do here. I am as much interested in where we have been as where we are going, and that interest is fulfilled here better than anywhere else.
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Who am I? The SpooRancher.

What do I want? Lots of money, and a job where I get more and don't have to work hard to get it. Oh, and MORE B5....LOTS MORE B5!!!

Why am I here? Well, I like to get news and rumors about B5. I also think that I may find some friend type people. It's worth a try!
      "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

"What do you want?"

Never ask that question!!
        I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

"jms, what do YOU want?"
          --------------
          I'll have fries with that.

jms

Comment

Why am I here ?

To escape bordom.

What do I want ?

Less bordom.

......ahem, why does anyone use these darned public " scribble boards " anyway but to escape bordom ? I mean, were talking about a TV show here.....a good TV show - but as the song goes...."It's just a TV show .." ( The B 5's....remember ?....nevermind.....)

What do I really want ? happy days.....perferably more happier days than unhappy ones....who dosn't egh ?

Seize the day children....make the most out of it that you can....they are finite in number you know.....make them work for your benifit and enjoy them as much as possible.

Nightwatch dog

Comment

What do I want?

A f**king cigarette. Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!

Must quit, must quit, must quit...
              "Gold chains and watches, the maggot's got plenty.
              He pinched them from ladies and upset the gentry"

'The Maggot', Goldie Looking Chain

Comment

Originally posted by charlie

What do I really want ? happy days.....perferably more happier days than unhappy ones....who dosn't egh ?
                I dunno, that show pretty much jumped the shark when Fonzy, erm...well...jumped the shark...

"Gold chains and watches, the maggot's got plenty.
                He pinched them from ladies and upset the gentry"

'The Maggot', Goldie Looking Chain

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, that show pretty much jumped the shark when Fonzy, erm...well...jumped the shark...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole "Happy Days" thing jumped the shark with me.....I could never stand it.

Give me All in the Family - or the Jeffersons, or better still, The Rockford Files for good TV of that era.

Of interest perhaps, I no longer watch "Network Television", and havent for years. Maybe a bit of Turner Classic Movies, some G4/Tech TV, a dab of BBC Americia, maybe a dash of TV Land or SciFi. but I never watch the networks anymore - not even for the news or sports....there's simply nothing worth wasting your time on there.....all the shows are just vulgar re-writes of garbage done long before, more sex, more profanity now then in the past, but with less plot.

I'm no prude, I ocasionally like sex and violence in movies, when it fits the story. I perfer good storytelling over anything else - which is why I like the B 5 series of TV, movies, and books.

Frankly they are just damn good. JMS is perhaps in the same leage as Rod Serling at this point...( no, I'm not bootlicking here - it's just an private observation, ).

Serling's shoes are tough to fill..perhaps impossible...but JMS comes remarkably close as a writer of compelling TV drama.

And as much as I enjoy the graphic arts, comic books don't have the same impact or audience as a well written play, motion picture, or TV series.

Whoops ! I got wordy here ! Sorry !

Nightwatch dog

Comment

Of interest perhaps, I no longer watch "Network Television", and havent for years. Maybe a bit of Turner Classic Movies, some G4/Tech TV, a dab of BBC Americia, maybe a dash of TV Land or SciFi. but I never watch the networks anymore - not even for the news or sports....there's simply nothing worth wasting your time on there.....all the shows are just vulgar re-writes of garbage done long before, more sex, more profanity now then in the past, but with less plot.
                    For the most part I'll agree with you Charlie, except.....you might want to give "Lost" a try. It's a different take on 'stranded on a tropical island' with what looks to be an ensemble cast, mystery with possibly some SF thrown in, an overal story arc and interesting characters.

Best of all, Daniel Dae Kim is on it and Mira Furlan had a guest spot last week with possible recurring role.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Speaking of original programming...

"Arrested Development"
                      A smart comedy, subtle, without a laugh track, quite original.
                      It's on FOX, which sounds contradictory to the smart nature of the show, but that's life.
                      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
                        Speaking of original programming...

"Arrested Development"
                        A smart comedy, subtle, without a laugh track, quite original.
                        It's on FOX, which sounds contradictory to the smart nature of the show, but that's life.
                        They have a quota. They're only allowed one new smart show per season.
                        Mac Breck (KoshN)
                        ------------------
                        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                        Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

I am Shadow. I want to weed out the weak so the strong can survive.
                          Who are you? What do you want? What do you believe in?

Comment

Working...
                          X