Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    Already got mine just haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Re: CRUSADE ORDER

Originally posted by TheNextLight
    Well the obvious problem is the uniform continuity and thus Ruling from the Tomb...
    a Black Uniform ep.

...went before Racing night.
    a Grey/Red Uniform ep.

Cause once you start Racing night you go...
    ...through all the Grey/Red Uniform eps, including...

... Everynight I dream of home in which hes seeing Lockley for a second time.
    Yes, according to the looping ("Nice to see you again. Captain Lochley."), which was done to make better sense of TNT's ridiculous order.

So that block has to go AFter Ruling from the tomb where they meet..AHHHH...TNT..ME HATES IT. HORRIBLE MISERABLE FAT NETWORK!
    Now, you know how I've felt since Sept. 1999.

Prior to this, I hadn't examined your order closely, and didn't see that you were trying to maintain Uniform Continuity (a bunch of black ones, all the grey/red ones, and then all the remaining black ones).

Leave a comment:

• TheNextLight
    replied
    CRUSADE ORDER

Well the obvious problem is the uniform continuity and thus Ruling from the Tomb went before Racing night. Casue once you start Racing night you go to Everynight I dream of home..in which hes seeing Lockley for a second time. So that block has to go AFter Ruling from the tomb where they meet..AHHHH...TNT..ME HATES IT. HORRIBLE MISERABLE FAT NETWORK!

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Re: Crusade DVDs

.. the order of the episodes...TNT just ignore them...wished that the episodes were in JMS order...but they are not..and thus..very confusing..so this is an order I devised to put as little holes as possible..please..id love comments on everyones opinions on this...

Ep# Prod# Title
    1 108 War Zone
    6 111 Ruling from the Tomb
    8 113 Appearances and Other Deceits
    9 103 Racing the Night
    11 101 The Needs of Earth
    10 102 The Memory of War
    12 104 Visitors from Down the Street
    13 105 Each Night I Dream of Home
    3 106 The Well of Forever
    5 110 Patterns of the Soul
    7 112 The Rules of the Game
    2 107 The Long Road
    4 109 The Path of Sorrows
    Nope. Right off the bat, "Racing..." takes place before "Ruling..." "Racing..." is in ~March and "Ruling..." is in June.

I'll have to give this another try, with and without "Uniform" continuity. Man, I wish I had a gazillion dollars, so I could have enough horsepower to make everything right w.r.t. Crusade.

.. Personally Id like to ignore warzone..but then its only 12 episodes..and thats kinda depressing...
    Actually, I kind of like parts of "War Zone." I must have seen it 20+ times by now. If you pay little attention to the Senator, ignore the fight scene (especially the upstairs fight scene) and the Earth in panic scenes, the Darwin Award Winning, brainless first shuttle pilot and the Galen/Gideon plodding "connect-the-dots" exposition for the TNT fans at the end, it's not bad at all.

IMHO, Eilerson makes "War Zone" worth seeing. The Dureena/Gideon/Matheson scenes are just gravy.

.. ..anyone wanna firebomb tnt tonight..let me know..ill bring the tourches...
    I prefer Galen's Spell of Destruction, or a certain ship's Main Guns, from orbit.

Leave a comment:

• Night Marshal
    replied
    It would seem that the crusade plot will come into TMos which means that there one more reason to have Crusade. To understand what is come and to show that this is still interest in the story. Personally mine is in the mail.

And welcome TheNextLight I'm fairly new to posting around here myself but I have lurked in this forum for a long time. You seem like you will fit in.

Leave a comment:

• TheNextLight
    replied
    Crusade DVDs

thanks for the warm welcome..and even those two are two that should be bought. The cast seems interested...the writer seems interested..now lets hope that dvd sales get some attention in there..after watching and listening to JMS commentaries..my brain went poof..i had some ideas about this and that..the technomage trilogy really touched on some of the crusade points..but Dureena..the apocolypse box. ::sighs:: no clue...so we wait..and hope those little teases wont make gray hair suddenly appear on my head....But then.."theres always hope" on another topic..after going over the episodes...and trying to work out the order...this is prolly way out of line..but it the hubble opinion of someone who is by nature obsessive with continuity..so feel free to banter...throw things..and say i have no right..but hey...just offering up my 2 ducats.. the order of the episodes...TNT just ignore them...wished that the episodes were in JMS order...but they are not..and thus..very confusing..so this is an order I devised to put as little holes as possible..please..id love comments on everyones opinions on this...

Ep# Prod# Title
    1 108 War Zone
    6 111 Ruling from the Tomb
    8 113 Appearances and Other Deceits
    9 103 Racing the Night
    11 101 The Needs of Earth
    10 102 The Memory of War
    12 104 Visitors from Down the Street
    13 105 Each Night I Dream of Home
    3 106 The Well of Forever
    5 110 Patterns of the Soul
    7 112 The Rules of the Game
    2 107 The Long Road
    4 109 The Path of Sorrows

Personally Id like to ignore warzone..but then its only 12 episodes..and thats kinda depressing..anyone wanna firebomb tnt tonight..let me know..ill bring the tourches...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SciFiRanger
    replied
    take a look at the top of the page where the poll results are. Only 2 people indicated they weren't going to buy. That's really pretty impressive.
    If this pole is any indication of overall sales, the set should sell quite well. However we are a bit more compelled than the average buyer. I'm sure you are more than aware of that being as you are from the worker cast and all.

What a great community we have here! If only everyone loved the B5 universe as much as we do. We'd have much more of it but less to speculate on. A trade I'm sure we would all gladly make.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Re: Purchase Crusade..show your support..and show the suits something they understand. $$

This is my first post here..so hello everyone
    Hello, and welcome! I'd be surprised if anyone here took offense to ranting in general. One observation, though. Even though some people have expressed doubts about elements of "Crusade", take a look at the top of the page where the poll results are. Only 2 people indicated they weren't going to buy. That's really pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• SciFiRanger
    replied
    This is my first post here..so hello everyone..and forgive me if I rant...
    Welcome to this board. May your light shine brightly here.

I agree with your perspective on Crusade. The suits only understand the all mighty dollar (such as it were) and supporting this DVD is probably the only chance we will ever have to see this story completed, unless JMS has a wrap up planned for it in TMoS.

With most of the cast appearing in the comentaries and the documentary I think it's safe to say that they would like to see it finished as well. Not just for the money but because they believed in the show and in JMS. Of coarse this would further their carriers as well and who can blame them for that.

Keep up the good posts!
    Last edited by SciFiRanger; 12-08-2004, 05:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheNextLight
    replied
    Purchase Crusade..show your support..and show the suits something they understand. $$

This is my first post here..so hello everyone..and forgive me if I rant...been reading this threat..and alot fo people are saying they never got into Crusade...they dont like it..and they are talking about it in the negative. Its unfair to judge the show at all..if you want to judge people I believe the lovely people at TNT who wanted "horney aliens" deserve your full attention. I believe that Crusade would have surprised us and left us in awe. Becasue of TNT we were given half of a chapter...imagine your favorite book..and only having the firt half of the first chapter to decide if it was worth reading. An unfair equation. We all should go out and get the DVD. Show the suport so the execs have some basis to breath some life if it is to be. Shows like "family guy" were given chances because of the new DVD revolution before us. If we believe in JMS and what he would hav accomplished..put your money where your mouth is and pick up the dvd to Crusade..it deserves more then it was ever given the chance to be...The Technomage Trilogy is a start...you see some of the stories unfold in the novels...but what about Gideon..Dureena..Eilerson..MAtheson...they all had arcs...When the first season of B5 came out..you didnt know what you were seeing..then..Second season..third season Hit and boom..everything made sense..Crusade would have followed...

We support the Babylon 5 universe..and thus..Crusade is a part of that Universe...

Show your support...get the dvd..

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Not sure if this link will work, but the popup you get when you go to www.space.com is on crusade.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by bakana
    And, of course, the unpublished scripts revealed the Top Secret Earthgov project building Shadow Tech ships.
    These were later versions of the same ships which had destroyed Gideon's earlier ship and left him to die had he not been recued by Galen.

I believe the timline for this early incident was about the same time the Technomages passed thru Babylon 5.
    It was. It's explored in greater detail in the Technomage trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    I think the whole Technomage issue could have been explored in Crusade.
    According to jms, a lot of stuff would have been explored.
    He said specifically that the Shadow plague was a bit of a red herring.
    A cure would have been found early on. Sorta.
    He hinted that the first "Cure" would have been some sort of fraud which would have been worked out Later.
    And, of course, the unpublished scripts revealed the Top Secret Earthgov project building Shadow Tech ships.
    These were later versions of the same ships which had destroyed Gideon's earlier ship and left him to die had he not been recued by Galen.

I believe the timline for this early incident was about the same time the Technomages passed thru Babylon 5.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Malloy
    The whole cast is wonderful and the actors did a great job of establishing the characters. I personally enjoy Galen a lot. I think the whole Technomage issue could have been explored in Crusade.
    Agreed. Galen was my favorite right off the bat. I was never a Gary Cole fan in the past, but now that I've seen him in Crusade, I am.

Having Woodward's impression along with Michael Ansara as Elric made reading the three books "The Passing of the Techno-mages" by Jeanne Cavelos all the more enjoyable.
    I've been saying that for years. Having seen their performances, I can "see" them and "hear" their voices as I read the books. For characters who have not been shown in any of the Babylon 5 or Crusade TV episodes or movies (e.g. Elizar), I substitute likely actors (e.g. Eric Etebari - Ian Nottingham of "Witchblade").

I haven't read the newer "prequel" yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
    The newer "prequel" being "The Shadow Within" ? It's actually older (April 1997, reprinted December 2002). Story's the same. Here are all of the changes (reprinted with permission):

Mac,

Hi. Nice hearing from you. Gee, that rumor sounds very
    tantalizing. Unfortunately, the changes being made between the
    Dell edition and the Del Rey edition are extremely minor. There
    were four things that I asked Del Rey to change from Dell's first
    printing of THE SHADOW WITHIN, and they agreed to all four.

First, I asked them to change the first page of the book (p. i)
    from an excerpt (which gives away part of the plot) to a page of
    review quotes. I think review quotes (if they're available and
    if they're good) are more helpful in selling a book than an
    excerpt. The book received many really strong reviews, so I
    asked Dell to make this change in their later printings, but they
    refused, since it costs extra to make changes.

Second, I asked Del Rey to correct the T. S. Eliot quote (on p.
    1), which I'd screwed up in the Dell first printing. Later Dell
    printings had this corrected.

Third, I asked them to correct a small error on p. 20, where I
    mentioned Donne's name before Anna Sheridan (the point-of-view
    character) learns Donne's name. This error probably arose as I
    revised the manuscript before turning it in to Dell. It was
    pointed out to me by a reader, and I've been waiting for an
    opportunity to fix it ever since.

Fourth, my bio was supposed to be included in the Dell edition
    and it never was, so I asked Del Rey to add that.

Those are all the changes I requested. The Del Rey edition will
    have a new cover, of course. They sent me a copy a few weeks ago
    and it looks really cool. I'll try to get that up on my website
    within the next month.

Best,

Jeanne

----- Original Message -----
    To: Jeanne Cavelos
    Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 8:40 PM
    Subject: Regarding the Del Rey publication of "The Shadow Within"

> Regarding the Del Rey publication of "The Shadow Within," can
    you comment on
    > the following?
    >
    > > 2) That Jeanne Cavelos had told Del Rey that some sort of
    editorial
    > > screw-up had led to something being left out of the original
    edition of
    > > "The Shadow Within" and that Del Rey is working from the
    original
    > > manuscript to restore whatever it was.

Last edited by KoshN; 12-05-2004, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Z'ha'dumDweller siad: "...amazon ...the area where my items ordered are shown, it has "Crusade Peter Woodward (primary contributor)."

Really..."

That doesn't strike me as odd at all. He is the best actor in the show, isn't he?

The whole cast is wonderful and the actors did a great job of establishing the characters. I personally enjoy Galen a lot. I think the whole Technomage issue could have been explored in Crusade. Having Woodward's impression along with Michael Ansara as Elric made reading the three books "The Passing of the Techno-mages" by Jeanne Cavelos all the more enjoyable. I haven't read the newer "prequel" yet, but I'm loking forward to it!

_________
    Well, I guess how we define "primary contributor" is in the eye of the beholder, but Woodward wasn't even in every episode and Gary Cole was the star, after all.

That said, I think the forum has had this conversation before and there is a fragile balance in deciding who is the bigger star...Cole or Woodward. Or the most recognizable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X