No announcement yet.

Geometry of Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. And Ivanova, of all people, should know how powerful the GM is and that it can be used for spying.
    She also came very close to getting brain fried by a Shadow while using it.
    For the same reason no one made the mistake of hanging around Sigma 957 a Second time, Ivanova would discourage use of the Great Machine.

Besides, there's only room for One person at a time in the Machine.
    And hundreds, maybe Thousands, of secrets to send spies after.

Comment

<<Another thing, in 1x04 (I think -- it was named "Infection") Franklin says that he did a full search and nobody had ever heard of a company called "Interplanetary Expeditions". Was his local Google index out of date? Because, if I remember correctly, IPX is mentioned several times during parts of the Psi Corps trilogy that happened before the B5 timeline.>>

IPX is mentioned in Dark Genesis for sure, as I read a part today taking place in an IPX facility.

Maybe this company in Infection bought out IPX for the sole purpose of using it as a front. Of course, to cover their tracks they'd have to make it look like IPX was actually doing archaeological work. Once the events in Infection soiled their name, they hired a PR firm to help them with it, hence the ad seen in And Now for a Word.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Well, IPX was involved in archeological work offworld, as Max showed us.

I suspect that Franklyn checked around for a company named "Interplanetary Expeditions" and no one recollected that this was, in fact, the full name of IPX. IPX was known by its initials so long that everyone forgot what they stood for. Asking around today for people's opinions on International Business Machines would get a blank stare until you told them you meant IBM.

At least, that is my story, and I am sticking to it.
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Probably the best IPX-Infection explanation I've heard, grumbler.

Comment

Working...
          X