• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Re: Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Originally posted by dimension_boy

The one thing I didn't want to hear on his show was that he said that as of April of 2004, his acting career has been over.

OVER!

Guess we may not expect to see Garibaldi in TMOS!!!!! yikes...

but it's only a supposition. Jerry's altered his opinions and statements on occasion before.
    Maybe he only meant that he has had no acting jobs since that date?

Anyway, don't talk show hosts act all the time?
    They act as if they cared for the opinions of the callers, they act as if every little issue was a matter of life and death, they act as if their own view should be important for everyone, they act quite 'holier than thou' sometimes, they act up when a caller or guest contradicts them or refutes them in a way that leaves them with no answer, etc., etc.
    Talk radio is all an act with no subtance and no action. It's the new opium for the masses.

Leave a comment:

• elver
    replied
    It's been said before, but I'll say it again... Jerry Doyle wasn't so much as acting as being himself on the show. This is probably what JMS referred to when he said that sometimes an actor walks into an audition and sometimes the role walks in with him.

That said, any idea if that radio show is available somewhere on the web? Or a transcript?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    I can't honestly say I'd be upset if Garibaldi wasn't in TMoS.
    Well, this is all assuming that it's the B5 team we're dealing with and not the Crusade team. That said, I think Doyle is a great performer, ranking under only Boxleitner, Jurasik and Katsulas on the show. Well, maybe tied with Biggs. He played the cynical cop superbly and was very consistent in the role.

I have never been a big Bruce Willis fan, so every time I see Willis in a film, I think "That's the guy who emulates Garibaldi."

Leave a comment:

• vacantlook
    replied
    I can't honestly say I'd be upset if Garibaldi wasn't in TMoS.

Leave a comment:

• dimension_boy
    started a topic Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Jerry Doyle's on the air!

I caught Jerry Doyle on his new talk radio show the other day, which is quite good if you are into the conservative perspective.

The link below explains the show and it's air times in the Dallas area, but I assume anyone can find him on whatever local talk-radio station plays guys like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

The funny thing is that the website uses a picture of Garibaldi as Jerry's pic! haha

http://www.wbap.com/showdj.asp?DJID=24168

The one thing I didn't want to hear on his show was that he said that as of April of 2004, his acting career has been over.

OVER!

Guess we may not expect to see Garibaldi in TMOS!!!!! yikes...

but it's only a supposition. Jerry's altered his opinions and statements on occasion before.
Working...
X