Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mslulu View Post
    Damn, I'd kill to hear Garibaldi say that line from the Centauri Trilogy: "What's up, Drahk?"
    Heh, guess who else.
    Mind my signature.
    What's up Drakh?

Comment

Welcome, Commander-Dan.

I didn't hear what Jerry had to say. I've read other actors say that O'Hare was uncomfortable in the role and there may have been issues with memorizing dialogue.

As for his leaving, JMS has said repeatedly that it was a mutual decision arrived at amicably and that only the four people who were in the room at the time will know what was actually said. From what I understand, O'Hare continued to support the show even after leaving and never had an ill word to say about the show.

Jerry...isn't one of the B5 actors I care for very much I'm afraid. I've just seen him behave inappropriately more than I care to.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander-Dan View Post
        Did any anyone else catch Doyle's comments, or have otherwise previously heard about the circumstances regarding O'Hare's departure as described by Doyle?
        I remember reading interview with (at least) Peter Jurasik and Stephen Furst in which they discussed the same "unnamed actor" and complained that he was bringing in acting coaches, prompters, and whatnot from the outside, seemed driven by the pace of the show, and was generally not happy and making people around him unhappy. I think it was Peter who said this actor wanted a lot more rehearsals than the rest of the cast, and that Jerry Doyle in particular was irked by this, but I may be misremembering that part.

None of the interviews were spiteful towards the unnamed actor, but all expressed relief when Bruce Boxleitner (unnamed, of course) came aboard.
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

I've been watching the first season again and I've found that I dislike O'Hare's performance more and more every time through. That perpetual, smug grin is the apex of douchebaggery. I don't know...I think that he took the wrong approach to the role. That, or Jurasik was entirely accurate in his stating that O'Hare was "horribly miscast."
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I remember reading something, though I don't recall where, about Michael O'Hare not being comfortable with the pace at which television shows are filmed. Since he's primarily trained as a stage actor, that seems like a reasonable assessment. Not being able to handle the transition from stage to television doesn't mean anything when it comes to his ability as a stage actor or his normal personality.

Comment

Working...
            X