Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Doyle's on the air!

I caught Jerry Doyle on his new talk radio show the other day, which is quite good if you are into the conservative perspective.

The link below explains the show and it's air times in the Dallas area, but I assume anyone can find him on whatever local talk-radio station plays guys like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

The funny thing is that the website uses a picture of Garibaldi as Jerry's pic! haha

http://www.wbap.com/showdj.asp?DJID=24168

The one thing I didn't want to hear on his show was that he said that as of April of 2004, his acting career has been over.

OVER!

Guess we may not expect to see Garibaldi in TMOS!!!!! yikes...

but it's only a supposition. Jerry's altered his opinions and statements on occasion before.

I can't honestly say I'd be upset if Garibaldi wasn't in TMoS.

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
      Well, this is all assuming that it's the B5 team we're dealing with and not the Crusade team. That said, I think Doyle is a great performer, ranking under only Boxleitner, Jurasik and Katsulas on the show. Well, maybe tied with Biggs. He played the cynical cop superbly and was very consistent in the role.

I have never been a big Bruce Willis fan, so every time I see Willis in a film, I think "That's the guy who emulates Garibaldi."
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

It's been said before, but I'll say it again... Jerry Doyle wasn't so much as acting as being himself on the show. This is probably what JMS referred to when he said that sometimes an actor walks into an audition and sometimes the role walks in with him.

That said, any idea if that radio show is available somewhere on the web? Or a transcript?

Comment

Re: Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Originally posted by dimension_boy

The one thing I didn't want to hear on his show was that he said that as of April of 2004, his acting career has been over.

OVER!

Guess we may not expect to see Garibaldi in TMOS!!!!! yikes...

but it's only a supposition. Jerry's altered his opinions and statements on occasion before.
          Maybe he only meant that he has had no acting jobs since that date?

Anyway, don't talk show hosts act all the time?
          They act as if they cared for the opinions of the callers, they act as if every little issue was a matter of life and death, they act as if their own view should be important for everyone, they act quite 'holier than thou' sometimes, they act up when a caller or guest contradicts them or refutes them in a way that leaves them with no answer, etc., etc.
          Talk radio is all an act with no subtance and no action. It's the new opium for the masses.
          Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
          James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
            I have never been a big Bruce Willis fan, so every time I see Willis in a film, I think "That's the guy who emulates Garibaldi."
            Don't forget that Jerry had an appearance on an episode of Moonlighting where David went missing (was in prison on a chaingang, IIRC) and they were auditioning replacements. Jerry was one of the auditionees...
            Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
              eh, well, we all have our favorites, and Garibaldi ranks up there with G'Kar and Londo, maybe in fact, because he spent so much screen time with them, I dunno.

Whether Jerry is a good actor, or Garibaldi was a good character well executed matters not to me.

I'll miss his presence in the team, if that's the way it's going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by elver
                That said, any idea if that radio show is available somewhere on the web? Or a transcript?

www.wbap.com is the local station (here in North Texas) that simulcasts his show at 9pm weeknights.

search through the site for simulcasting options, since I cannot say where the link is, having not used it, but i know there is one.

good luck

Comment

Re: Re: Jerry Doyle's on the air!

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
                  ...talk show hosts...

They act as if they cared for the opinions of the callers, they act as if every little issue was a matter of life and death, they act as if their own view should be important for everyone, they act quite 'holier than thou' sometimes, they act up when a caller or guest contradicts them or refutes them in a way that leaves them with no answer, etc., etc.
                  Talk radio is all an act with no subtance and no action. It's the new opium for the masses.
                  possibly, but I think it's best to make such decisions on a case by case basis. Take NPR for instance, which has agrandizing journalists as well as insightful ones, just like FOX-TV.

It's a mixed bag of nuts, like most of life and all of entertainment.

Comment

I had forgotten about this thread and remembered a point I was going to make when I came across it.

Maybe Jerry meant that his career was over when he went the full ten yards with his conservative views in the form of a talk show, hence ruining his chances of ever getting jobs again in Hollywood? It sounds more like a cynical thing.
                    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                      Maybe Jerry meant that his career was over when he went the full ten yards with his conservative views in the form of a talk show, hence ruining his chances of ever getting jobs again in Hollywood? It sounds more like a cynical thing.
                      That's a very real possibility. Hollywood tends to be very cliquish and Jerry tends to be rather cynical...

But now that time has passed since this post went up, I wonder if Jerry's implied (construed) non-participation has anything to do with the larger casting issues that JMS cannot discuss right now.

things that make me go "hmmmm..."

Comment

Damn, I'd kill to hear Garibaldi say that line from the Centauri Trilogy: "What's up, Drahk?"

Also, it's stupid for people to judge you based on your political views. I'm sure there are a lot of conservative folks in Hollywood, they simply don't rush out and shout it from the rooftops like the Hollywood liberals tend to do.

Jerry's a great actor. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Republican, Democrat, or a Hoodoo witch doctor. He = Garibaldi. Anyone else is just an imposter.
                        Last edited by mslulu; 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mslulu
                          Jerry's a great actor. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Republican, Democrat, or a Hoodoo witch doctor. He = Garibaldi. Anyone else is just an imposter.

abso-fraggin-lutely

Comment

Yesterday while driving home from Memorial Day Vacation, I had the opportunity to listen to the Jerry Doyle Show on the radio. I have heard Doyle's show before, and as a staunch conservative and constitutionalist, I enjoy his show and have found that I often agree with him.

Anyway, yesterday's show was a "best of" repeat, and he began to speak about one of the "problem" actors in the first season of Babylon 5. Though he didn't name names, he certainly spoke his mind in terms of what he thought of this individual, and by the end of his rant, it became quite apparent that he was speaking of Michael O'Hare!

I found this fascinating because I have heard very few details regarding O'Hare's departure from the show. And Doyle certainly did not paint a pretty picture of O'Hare!

Did any anyone else catch Doyle's comments, or have otherwise previously heard about the circumstances regarding O'Hare's departure as described by Doyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander-Dan View Post
                              Yesterday while driving home from Memorial Day Vacation, I had the opportunity to listen to the Jerry Doyle Show on the radio. I have heard Doyle's show before, and as a staunch conservative and constitutionalist, I enjoy his show and have found that I often agree with him.

Anyway, yesterday's show was a "best of" repeat, and he began to speak about one of the "problem" actors in the first season of Babylon 5. Though he didn't name names, he certainly spoke his mind in terms of what he thought of this individual, and by the end of his rant, it became quite apparent that he was speaking of Michael O'Hare!

I found this fascinating because I have heard very few details regarding O'Hare's departure from the show. And Doyle certainly did not paint a pretty picture of O'Hare!

Did any anyone else catch Doyle's comments, or have otherwise previously heard about the circumstances regarding O'Hare's departure as described by Doyle?

I know nothing about the circumstances, but it seems to me (from listening to the show quite regluarly) that Mr. Doyle seems to be a little bit on the cantankerous side when he speaks on just about anything. I think you have to take his personal experiences regarding things like that with a grain of salt perhaps? I believe he also related his not being on the TLT DVD to being blackballed for political reasons, which we know is not the case. Hopefully he'll be around on the next one.
                              Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                              True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Working...
                              X