Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 coming to Comet TV Oct. 1, 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Babylon 5 coming to Comet TV Oct. 1, 2018

    https://www.comettv.com/

    Can't find a date but I'd heard a rumor this was happeningand somebody posted that it's happening on FB. Somebody able to find more detail? Thanks.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

  • #2
    Here ya go https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/baby...met-charge-tv/
    Milkman
    www.mhoc.net

    Comment


    • #3
      More specific info, but still no start date.

      https://www.comettv.com/2018/08/baby...90s-sci-fi-tv/
      Milkman
      www.mhoc.net

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm thinking at or just after Labor Day Sept. 3 as that's when many channels change line-ups.

        Unless I'm wrong...
        "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

        Comment


        • #5
          No surprise that COMET picked up B5.
          It's owned by SINCLAIR Broadcast Group.


          But wait!
          This Sinclair isn't timetravelling.
          And what Dan Rather (former CBS anchor) described: "Sinclair's practices as being 'an assault on our democracy' by disseminating what they perceive to be Orwellian-like propaganda to its local stations."

          Looks Clark-ISN-alike.

          So we can argue, when the show will be cancelled.
          I guess, latest after airing "By any means necessary".


          Evil comment by
          B5-Stefan


          --
          "Perhaps it is time to stop sleeping on Minbari beds or breathing the air of the Vorlons chamber" [response to a jms tweet]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
            No surprise that COMET picked up B5.
            It's owned by SINCLAIR Broadcast Group.


            But wait!
            This Sinclair isn't timetravelling.
            And what Dan Rather (former CBS anchor) described: "Sinclair's practices as being 'an assault on our democracy' by disseminating what they perceive to be Orwellian-like propaganda to its local stations."

            Looks Clark-ISN-alike.

            So we can argue, when the show will be cancelled.
            I guess, latest after airing "By any means necessary".


            Evil comment by
            B5-Stefan


            --
            "Perhaps it is time to stop sleeping on Minbari beds or breathing the air of the Vorlons chamber" [response to a jms tweet]
            More like we can expect Sinclair Broadcasting to re-edit the show and add new footage showing President Clark to be the hero who defeats the "Alien-Loving" Sheridan and his rebels.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Looney View Post
              More like we can expect Sinclair Broadcasting to re-edit the show and add new footage showing President Clark to be the hero who defeats the "Alien-Loving" Sheridan and his rebels.
              OH YES!
              Let's doing a GOOD REMAKE of this aged show.

              GOOD facts instead of simple facts

              B5 Stefan

              --
              Elric: "You don't frighten easily."
              Vir: "I work for Ambassador Mollari. After a while nothing bothers you."
              [Babylon5, The Geometry of Shadows]

              Comment


              • #8
                Finally! A release date

                https://www.facebook.com/WatchComet/...location=group

                COMET ALERT! The true home of science fiction television brings you BABYLON 5! Monday October 1 at 9/8 C.
                "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is cool. I went and gave some praise via their Facebook page.
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                  Kosh: Good!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks like the show will be available in the UK again soon!

                    https://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearc...5ctZUw2_5qj7Fk
                    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      Looks like the show will be available in the UK again soon!

                      https://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearc...5ctZUw2_5qj7Fk
                      Only if you have a Sky subscription. In no way a terrestrial channel. It's still really positive though, a lot of people do have a Sky package, but I think streaming is still the holy grail from exposure. We still NEED it on Netflix.
                      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                      Kosh: Good!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                        Only if you have a Sky subscription. In no way a terrestrial channel. It's still really positive though, a lot of people do have a Sky package, but I think streaming is still the holy grail from exposure. We still NEED it on Netflix.
                        Somebody mentioned that there were two Skys and it was showing on both with the free one delayed by a day or so? I'm sorry, I'm not conversant with UK channels. Also curious why Netflix would be so much better since they're also likely to geo-lock some shows?
                        "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          Somebody mentioned that there were two Skys and it was showing on both with the free one delayed by a day or so? I'm sorry, I'm not conversant with UK channels. Also curious why Netflix would be so much better since they're also likely to geo-lock some shows?
                          Primarily because the shift from TV to streaming services has already happened. Revenues for terrestrial TV are down, and paid for TV services are also suffering. Many millennials simply don't own a TV and Netflix and Amazon Prime are king.

                          The majority of people also use a VPN these days to access the Netflix catalogue of any country they choose.

                          I think Amazon Prime has been the biggest win for B5, but Netflix would help a lot as it's also seriously popular.
                          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                          Kosh: Good!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just noted WB have unearthed Sabrina The Teenage Witch for a reboot on Netflix. It's actually kinda fun. Makes me think... WB AREN'T THERE OTHER GREAT SHOWS YOU WANT TO UNEARTH... HINT HINT.
                            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

                            Kosh: Good!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                              I just noted WB have unearthed Sabrina The Teenage Witch for a reboot on Netflix. It's actually kinda fun. Makes me think... WB AREN'T THERE OTHER GREAT SHOWS YOU WANT TO UNEARTH... HINT HINT.
                              Unfortunately they can reboot SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH for peanuts compared to rebooting the greatest Science Fiction Saga of all time.
                              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X